• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP - AI Battles - Videos and Discussion

Started by Celdia, October 08, 2011, 08:48:41 am

Scearcely

ok, either the ai is idiotic or you forgot to give my ghaele revivify... which one was it so i can plan for next time?

Barren

ahh well, my team has it errors anyways or is that gunslingers are powerful in general? either way, GG Wiz
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Wiz

Quoteahh well, my team has it errors anyways or is that gunslingers are powerful in general? either way, GG Wiz

Gunslingers themselves aren't powerful when it comes to stats, but being able to dual-wield guns that do fixed amounts of damage and can be boosted by Attack UP is. Overall, I think you had a piss-poor matchup imo, because my Gunslinger's ability ,"Aim: Body", bypassed all that evasion ("Aim: X" is meant to do that) from your low HP Torero putting him out of commission and Ziggy went head to head against my Brawler and Ghaele whom both absorbed earth making it impossible for him to hit them. Basically, it was really a 2v4 in my favor.

About a gunslingers effectiveness (Should be obvious :P), with Attack UP and a 9 WP Gun, they're able to do around 198 (99 per gun) damage neutral compat, which is more than what your Berserk PA Buffed Brawler did to my Brawler at neutral compat. And compared to mostly everyone else, they have an initial speed of 9 to their 8 and are only surpassed by bandits, which have 10 ;D

Lastly, here's a tip, when using Gun Kata with Imbue, the unit only expends MP for the first shot. For example, when my chemist used Gamble on your units with both shots connecting, she only used 13 MP, not 26 (Cool exploitation huh?).

GG Barren :D

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lady Ladile

Ouch, I'm rather embarrassed. Also, Hamedo is such a dick move with two guns; I'll have to remember that for the future  :mrgreen:

Aquilae

The AI doesn't seem to know how to use Ambush effectively. It looks as if they're treating it as just target:self instead of having an AoE of 1 centered around them.
:gay:

Barren

Would I be able to put my team on hold until I can figure out a better one? because I still need some practice with CCP before I can come up with a efficient team that can win

Celdia

@Aquilae: I've been working out some of the bugs in the AI. I'll take another look at Ambush to see if I can figure out the problem with it. As an example, after three hours of ducking around with it I finally got the AI to use Terminar correctly. Oddly I had to move the skill to a different skill slot to make it work. I have no idea why.

@Barren: Yeah, that's fine. Just repost it when you feel you've got it updated to something better.

Michiru

any vict-- i mean subjects want against my magical girls? wait does this make me kyuu bei ? :twisted: :lol:
Come talk to the Michie!にほんごおできるも!

Celdia

Kalas

Well now I know what to work on.

I'm really happy that Tacticians are pretty awesome though.

CT5Holy

Whoa, very lucky dodge by my Mystic Knight in round 2. Things definitely would've gone differently if it had hit.
The Final Charge really was 'final,' seeing how the tactician promptly died to poison right after XD

/highfive Kalas for Tacticians

Thanks Celdia!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Celdia

Scearcely

tacticians did surprisingly well under AI control, i was impressed celdia

Lady Ladile

Okay, my team seems to more-or-less do what I wanted it to do, but it's obvious I need to rework it a bit because that Champion is dead weight as is.  Still, I'm happy to see that it seems fairly effective when starting at a distance; cramped maps appear to spell trouble  :mrgreen:

Barren

Well your team did good Lady Ladile. You gave me a good fight :)

Wiz

Wow, can't believe I won against a Hamedo gunwielding team :O Then again, with 70 Brave, that Gunslinger and Chemist only have a 49% chance of triggering it twice in a row (.7 *.7). Still, I was on the edge of my seat this fight. And about my Ghaele not having MP... *Updates team once again* :D

Yeah, trading in 99 HP for a 6 MP gain seems kinda risky, but hey, that allows me to do 240 HP Terran Thrusts almost endlessly ^_^