• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Knox' Sprites etc.

Started by Knox, September 20, 2009, 10:34:38 pm

Knox

I was mainly talking about the male sprite, I'll worry about the other more once the main one is somewhat finished because apparently it looks 'exactly like delita' but i dont see it.

Sorry im brooding, I didn't sleep well lol.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

Quoteit looks fine and doesnt resemble Delita all that much
Whatever you say.... All you did was longer hair, slightly changed chin etc(shape of head itself is lookin like Delita, that is why  it is  in"every way" the same).
And looks like you didn't understand, face itself should be taken from other portrait, I didn't said you should edit the one you have now, editing it further would only ruin it like you said, and it would still look like Delita either way. Longer hair is making him look not like Delita? Wrong man, it is just making him look older. Also, color doesn't mean much, shape is still Delita, that is all it matters.

QuoteI'm open to ideas, so maybe throwing some ideas would be a bit more helpful.
I'm giving you ideas about what to change....

Quotebecause apparently it looks 'exactly like delita'
Yes! You are right! Simple headswap and recolor is more than enough to make it look not like its original form! Good job! This sprite should be called Delita Shrine Knight, nothing else. It is the same as if I were to resubmit the Algus Shrine Knight sprite, recolor his hair, and call it Jack the Lunar Kinght or something.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

I see where Kage is going with this. It's tough to hear that your sprite still doesn't look custom enough, even after all this customization. Remember the version you were working on earlier?
Why not go back to this? He looks nothing like Delita, in my opinion. If you change the belt color to match the arm color you may be able to retain the palette you used on your latest version of Banon (which would mean less fiddling with the portrait's palette too). And if you change the cape up a little bit, by adding a design or a frill or something, he'll look pretty damn custom.

Anyways, these are just options; it's all up to you, man. Make a sprite that you're happy with but you think the community will use. Good luck.

Knox

I don't mind critisism, but Kage is being downright rude imo.

I have plans to change up the hair, and ill keep fiddling with the face but its gonna take time, im still learning and i have little patience due to the pills im on.

So bare with me and well, don't take it personal if i snap at you for offering critisism. lol

I'm REALLY really fond of the black and red armored shrine knight outfit, But i am CONSTANTLY thinking oh how i can personalize it further.

One of the biggest problems i have with the shrine knight outfit is the front side view and how he looks fat, I've been thinking about changing up the top part of the shirt in general im just not sure where i want to take it yet.

And when i said offer ideas, i mean its hard for me sometimes to think straight so if you have some distinctive ideas you'd like to see, then im all ears and ill try my best.

/
~Auranhiem

jimmyjw88

The belt makes it looks fat or giving the illusion of it. So, I kinda not in to shrine knight's outfit.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Knox

Well here you go, i finally got the hair looking a way i like it thats "Custom"

I could use some crits and a little help with the front view if anyone has time.

Once i finish this up, the port should be easy enough to match up with it.

On a side note, Has anyone ever considered redoing the thief sprite? Like a total overhaul maybe actually matching the portrait? ( If no one else noticed the lack of the bandana on the actual sprite take a look now :P )

I think that'd go well with the community, Of course I'd take time on it when im frustrated with my main project here.

Back to my main project, I'm really liking where i took this hair, but its a little difficult with the front view as i said, I haven't tried the back view yet but i imagine it will be a bit easier.

If you look closely i made the sprite a pixel taller in the frames to make it look less iffy, I'm wondering if that will cause issues or not, if it will let me know.
I'm fairly certain though, that all i did was lift the head up a pixel, so i dont see how that could cause any problems, i know moving the hands would but not the head- right?
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

I am not rude, I'm just straight, no point in spouting shit like "oh my, what a cute sprite! To make it better, you need bla bla bla though". And I have good idea for that belt. You see, Shrine Knight's belt is somewhat of a trademark to me, so you could change it to the belt like Dycedarg has, or any other that looks similiar. Hair is better too, and after you implement the belt, you could give him Delita CH1 armor, along with that pin(?) of his on armor. You can always change the upper part of arms(that round part) into Ramza CH2 arms, this will require messin with arms though, and I dunno if you want to do that. Those were ideas you were lookin for? Or something is wrong again? Haha.

DeadManWalking

The shape of the hair's alright, but the color doesn't seem so... great.

Knox

May 26, 2010, 02:29:10 am #188 Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:32:58 am by Knox
Not really interested in changing the belt or the outfit as i like it as it is, just concerned with the hair and portrait.

I'm just needing some help working on the front hair, ive redone it like 20 times since i posted that one and i cant seem to make it look right.

I have slightly considered making his hair black but then id have to change around the outfit and i dont want to do that.

So main thing right now is hair focus, gott figure out that front view its driving me nuts!! ( And yes I've tried looking at several other sprites for examples but it still hasnt panned out. )
~Auranhiem

DeadManWalking

Maybe you could make him blonde to keep him different from Delita?

Knox

Delita is a redhead on his sprite, Im fond of the haircolor im using.

I could do a blonde version once i finish the hair but for right now its fixing the look of the front hair thats frustrating me lol.
~Auranhiem

jimmyjw88

Hair colour looks fine. I preferred current colour than blonde and I have a feeling that blonde won't look good; not with that outfit colour. Front view hair does need to be fix. Looks kinda like helmet or potato head. Perhaps remove top furthest left and furthest right two pixels and add two pixels at the bottom of both left and right where it touches / collides with the shoulder.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Knox

Managed to finish up most of it this morning.

I think it looks pretty good, Theres only a few heads left on the entire sheet i need to fix to match, and thats pretty much the hurt poses and death poses.

I can't see there being many issues with the new hair as i think it looks pretty solid, but i guess thats the point in showing you.

But if im lucky and ya like it, then all thats left to really worry about is the portrait, and i think it will be pretty much solved by changing the hair up to match the sprite, and it will be more than custom enough- hopefully.

~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Knox"Not really interested in changing the belt or the outfit as i like it as it is
Then pardon me, but why the fuck you asked for ideas? I gave you more than good ideas of how to differ this Shrine Knight Delita.

And hair on back frames is outlined.

jimmyjw88

What Kage said and add two lines down till his shoulder for both sides because now, its looking very awkward.

Knox

I was talking about the hair, not so much the outfit, Though thats my fault for not being clear.

Kage.. I can understand being clear and constructive, even direct, but you're just being vulgar most of the time so I'd just rather you didn't involve yourself.
Thanks for the tidbit though anyways.

And yeah ill do that after i eat, anything else look off? (Within the hair, just so im clear.)
~Auranhiem

jimmyjw88

To be honest, I really hate Shrine Knight's belt because they just look weird and making the sprite looks fat. Plus, the way they angled the belt and cloth (sorry, don't know what its called) are not right. I guess even Square's sprite isn't perfect.

Knox

Well yeah i agree to an extent, but i kind of like it, and its not like i can't do more than one version of him. And its not like someone can't change the belt out themselves if they're really desperate enough, or hate it so much its a pretty simple edit.

Anyways, ill post an update sooner or later, i got stuff to do this afternoon so it probably won't get posted until tonight.
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

No, friend, the first vurglar word I used was in the last post. I am tellin ya what need fixin, and I am just straight with it, I have no means to offend you or anything, so chil, haha.

QuoteTo be honest, I really hate Shrine Knight's belt because they just look weird and making the sprite looks fat
See? That is why I suggested you to change this, knox

Knox

Yeah well, I was getting a bad vibe out of it is all, Just take it easy with me I have alot on my plate lol.

And yeah once i finish the hair I will strongly consider making an alternate version with the other belt for people who don't like the original shrine belt.

Just bare with me lol.

//

Had a few minutes before leaving, and got a few left, so here it is i fixed the outlining look and hopefully this is a big improvement. ( talking about the hair lol )

~Auranhiem