• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

What about Zalmo?

Started by Dome, March 06, 2009, 09:28:59 am

Zozma

possible, but not with my current plans to complete the patch for story battles only and not the events themselves

the original plans for alternate characters was this:
Choose Boco or get Gaffy later
Choose Miluda or get Monica later

however as things stand, you wont get gaffy or monica
you will get beatrix upon defeating her the second time however
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

Ah, I see. So, we're going to fight her two times? Hmm...So, are we going to lose any special member in obtaining Beatrix?
Also, if we will get her on the second battle, then about the first battle, she'll teleport away when she lose or she win, just like FF9?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

theres no way to make her win without triggering a game over, at least no method thats worth the time working on. so no, she will be the one to teleport away just like zalmo does

jimmyjw88

I see. Alright then.
Erm....What about "losing party member"? You mentioned,
Quote from: "Zozma"however as things stand, you wont get gaffy or monica
you will get beatrix upon defeating her the second time however
; meaning we will lose either Gafgarion or Monica after obtain Beatrix?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

not as a result of getting beatrix, no. only because theres no event instruction set to allow or not allow you to get gaffy or monica.

there is no sacrifice for obtaining beatrix, you just have to survive :)

LastingDawn

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Do you think sacrificing one of the great party member (special characters) for the exchange of Beatrix would make the battle more interesting and challenging? And this battle, the exchange of Beatrix with another great special character will affect and change the aftermath, the course and the outcome in the future battles and stories, perhaps? Making the player to make the choice wisely.
Is it possible?

Indeed it is. I was wondering Zozma, how many of the Elemental Guardians join you by the point you fight Beatrix the second time? I would almost say that those four are necessary to get Beatrix to join your group, otherwise Delita and Ramza just kill her.

EDIT: Zozma, the way to prevent getting Gafgarion is relatively simple. Do you recall that Algus quip at the end of Chapter 1? One decision makes it that Algus berates Ramza for ignoring Algus when it mattered, the other was to rescue him, which Algus's comeback is really weak. If you tie that instruction into Boco's rescue and have Gafgarion's change of heart be not having that  switched, it is fully possible.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

My only problem LD is that i am not curretnly working on events and i might not... i recall the instruction things but i dont know exactly how to execute them.

Also, is the fight at the church outside of town before or after Germinas peak? you get the last element at germinas but that can be changed, if germinas is after that fight that would mean that currently you only have Lavian and Deis
----
However, what i originally wanted to do was make it so that in order to recruit the next element, you had to have recruited the one before that. If, for example, you dont recruit lavian and set the flag then Deis will not appear as a guest at Yuguo woods. Then without recruiting Deis,  you dont get Gin, etc
----
My original idea was that with all the choices you make in the game, you end up with a certain set of 16 specials.
----
Btw, with the introduction of Beatrix into Lezalia back gate, ill also introduce the first generic Clerics (which uses the "gretchen" sprite aka 20yo woman. Her troops will all be females as well

jimmyjw88

Interesting. So in the end of the game, we will not get the same sets of special characters?

Zozma

nope, one way or another, you will have to kick some out for others as you have access to more specials than you have space for

jimmyjw88

Ah, so we have to choose ourselves on kicking out which special characters for other special to get in. Hmm

Zozma

thats pretty much how it is as it stands right now, you make your own choices as the time comes.

if you like collecting special units well then, ive left absolutely no room for generics by mid chapter 4

jimmyjw88

So, meaning we may have all the specials by throwing away all the generics?
If that's so, then too bad.
I was hoping that we have to sacrifice some specials; one or two perhaps. ^^

Kagebunji

No, special characters exceed the amount of characters you can have in your party. Like Zoz said, you cannot have all the special characters in your party at once, at least two playthroughs are required to have them all.

jimmyjw88

Ah, well, that's better. Make choice on which to keep and which to kick.