• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Valk's Projects: 2021 update (Trance) Terra, Fran, Main Vagrant Story cast +more

Started by Valkirst, May 23, 2014, 03:27:56 pm

Twinees

My wholehearted advice is to bench the Deis sprite for now and come back to it another time. I definitely think that you will be able to improve it once you have a bit more experience.
I'd offer more help but I've got my own sprite related stuff to do for Jot5.

Portrait:
The skin palette should always have 8 colours (at minimum of 7 if you are in need of an extra colour).
Her neck should start a couple more pixels towards her chin. Use references! Lijj set up the megaref sheet particularly for this type of thing. If you look closely around the necks of some of the (mostly) female necks, you'll notice they show some collar bone/start of shoulders. Trying to add this may improve it as well (look at the female mediator, thief and geomancer!). And it will help you define the palette!
You did a good job with using the brown colour with the purple pallette section, but once you add the black (#302828 or in graphics gale I think its R/G/B:48/40/40) you can use that instead of the brown.

Hopefully that will give you a decent start for the portrait.

Oh and also try custom face poses/directions later :P.
  • Modding version: PSX

Luiakyn

I can see what you were going for with the tail animation -- and it's a great idea, but FFT is very simple in animation. Simple and stiff.

Valkirst

Sorry, I've been catching up in FF XIV. So I have been putting this on the back burner. XD
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Valkirst

I should start by apologizing for not making any sprites. It's been a few months now and a lot has happened in my life, I actually had a spinal injury which has now rendered me unable to walk or use my hands properly. Slowly figuring things out and I always did like spriting And maybe slowly but surely I can figure out how to return.I'll still be haunting the forum.
Completed Sprites

Luiakyn

Heavens! That's terrible :(

I was about to say, before learning of the accident, that "it's no biggie, since most of us are relatively dormant" -- I most of all.

I do hope you completely recover -- that's painful to hear :(

Xifanie

Holy hell  :shock:

No need to apologize, you obviously have a lot to figure out either way. You definitely should be thinking about yourself first and foremost.

Good luck :/

hugs
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lijj

I hope you're alright Valk. That's damn sad.. get a good physical therapist if you can.

Valkirst

Thanks guys, It means a lot. I just got to keep working on myself and develop a new type of dexterity and stamina. lol That last statement reminded me of RPG stat gaming items.

So yeah I'm just trying to be human again. :D
Completed Sprites

Guru

I just noticed this now, I haven't had a lot of time lately to keep up with things arounds here. Wow man, I'm really sorry to hear this. I wish you the best of luck and hope things work out for you. Always been a fan of your work, I was just looking at your sprites and some of the sweet summons you came up with. If I ever get around to making a hack, which is still planned someday, I will definitely be using some of your stuff!

Valkirst

Well I started work on Fran... still editing the walking frames. Anyone have an idea as to a good pony-tail?
Completed Sprites

J_Treize

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Treize Kushranada#9554

Valkirst

Here are some super roughs. 😎 I had some conceptual ideas for Freya, had to put them down.
Completed Sprites

Rfh

• Discord username: rfh

Valkirst

Hey, thankyou! :mrgreen:

The Deis sprite is alive, probably will try to finish it after Fran.
Completed Sprites

Valkirst

Completed Sprites

codename06

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i0PB6egxojg

Could you upload your cherry blossom and crimehazad for me?
I really want to use it!  I wait for your answer!

Valkirst

I'm sorry, I lost that particular one. I'll try to recreate it.
Completed Sprites

codename06

Valkirst

So... I'm still alive. Picked this back up with the forward walking frames. Not gonna lie, this is hard when you can't use your hands, only a stylus and a touchscreen lol. Made the background green because her gear is black.
Completed Sprites

WotL Warrior

I'm beyond impressed by the quality of your sprite work. I honestly think they could pass as official FFT sprites. Amazing!