• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:56:49 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Help with Wldface please.

Started by mysteryschool, May 21, 2014, 04:40:46 pm

mysteryschool

Took a screenshot, musing photoshop to rotate and save as bmp. Upon importing I get the error "not a 16bit color map". What settlings should I use when exporting from Photoshop? Thanks in advance.

Celdia

I don't have PS currently installed so I can't look for specifics but you want to make sure the image is in Indexed Color mode and your Color Depth is 4bpp (16 colors).
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Angel

In Photoshop:

Image -> Mode -> Indexed Color...
Palette: Exact
Forced: None
Leave Transparency unchecked.

Before you click the OK button, make sure that 'Colors' under the  Palette drop down box says '16'. If it does not, you'll have to make a custom palette (by selecting 'Custom...' in the Palette drop down and manually setting the palette using the colors in your image).
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

mysteryschool

mysteryschool

Okay, so this was working fine yesterday but today I am having issues. When I change the palette in the custom menu to get 16 Colors, it screws up the portrait image. Do most of you prefer graphicsgale?

Angel

Graphics Gale is definitely easier to work with, yeah. Celdia has a really good tutorial on palettes and portraits. Very easily found in the Help and Tutorials forum (stickied in Raven's tutorials links post at the top).

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

mysteryschool

mysteryschool

Sorry for bugging you all. I have now used Gimp to successfully convert the portrait to 16 color but now it says invalid header...

Angel

Friends don't let friends use Gimp.

Jumza

Quote from: Toshiko on May 23, 2014, 04:06:29 pm
Friends don't let friends use Gimp.

!
I love using GIMP, whats wrong with it?
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

It's unintuitive, it doesn't resize images properly, all of its tools are markedly better in any other image editor (save Paint, of course), and you get weird problems like the one above.