• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:42:10 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Choto's ASM Hacks and Effects

Started by Choto, February 27, 2012, 06:05:00 pm

Choto

Added Hamedo fix that lets the original attacker have a turn to attack and a hack that lets you choose what ability hamedo performs.

Jumza

Woah, Choto that's awesome!
I love how everyone else's response to people asking for that was "No one's done it before, and it seems difficult" and your response is "Here you go, I did the thing"
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Choto

Haha thanks... I really really lucked out on this one though. It was the equivalent of looking for something in a box in a room full of boxes... and the second box you opened happened to be the right one.

Xifanie

I love when that happens, sadly there are more:
- That's going to be easy... DAMMIT THAT'S TOUGH!
than
- That's going to be really tough... well darn that was simple.

Good job anyway :p
If you didn't do it, either no one else would have or it would've probably taken a long time.
It's definitely the kind of hacks we need.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Choto

February 13, 2014, 04:45:51 pm #64 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:21:17 pm by Choto
Added a Chocobo Movement hack. See the description for details. This hack went through many iterations of testing, so let me know if something is wrong with the version I posted. Actually... I just found a bug. If the units act and move are spent it will end turn without giving you a chance to move the mount. I'll fix this soon

Edit: Yaaaa we got issues. Don't use this yet..

Edit2: Ok, think i fixed it. Probly more bugs in it but it works at least ^_^

Timbo

Consider it done. This hack is brilliant, very creative.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Celdia

Well, that's pretty goddamned impressive. I wonder how much it would conflict with in my patch if I tried to apply it. XD
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Choto

Tyty! I can always find some more space for you Celdie. With Raven's Kanji Space Nopper it's much easier to see how much real estate you have =)

Celdia

I'm left wondering if that claim accounts for ALMA 4.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Choto

ALMA 4 is very hungry... if you have an .xml with all of your hacks, send it to me and i'll kanjispacenop a battle.bin, apply your hacks, and take a look. Maybe I should take a pass at those hacks sometime...

Vanya

Nice work on the Chocobo hack. I'd be curious to see what you could do with ALMA. And for that matter RAD.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Timbo

If I use hacks to make other monsters mountable. Will this affect them as well?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Choto

My bad Jack i thought I replied.. It should work exactly the same way for other monsters if they're mountable.

BlankM

Great mount hack for chocobos and whatnot. I really like it. However there does seem to be some bugs. Example I'm not mounted, and if I move and attack someone, if I'm guarded I'm allowed to move again.

Choto

Thanks, and thanks for the feedback, but what exactly do you mean by if you're guarded? More details the better.

BlankM

March 09, 2014, 08:03:00 pm #75 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:43:59 pm by BlankM
Sorry but I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce it. It seems rather random, but it happens most often if I am guarded/parried, or if my attack misses. Its happened about 3 times so far. Usually while I'm testing in random encounters, twice with no mounts deployed at all.

Edit: With further testing it seems to always happen with specific tiles on the map. Not sure whats special about said tiles.

Choto

I couldn't reproduce this but I know I've noticed it before.. do you have a savestate with a battle that it was happening in?

Grond

Hello, nice hacks you've made here:)

However, your "Blank Support under Equip Change adds XX% to final hit%" patch doesn't seem to function as described. I tried it and it seems to double the base hit rates, and then adds the XX/YY value on top of that, which can lead to very high success rates.

Also, I'm having a minor issue with the Hamedo Fix, though it isn't a bug as much as it is an unintended side-effect, I suppose, but using this patch I noticed that giving Hamedo and Counter to the same unit (all monsters in my mod will have Counter + a second reaction innate) allows the unit to perform Hamedo and/or Counter in response to a single attack (letting it potentially get two hits in retaliation) when normally only one of the two reactions should randomly trigger. I haven't tested if this happens paired with anything besides Counter. I'm not too bothered by this, but if you can fix it without much trouble it would be nice, I suppose.

Choto

Added two status-related hacks. One that allows you to set which status get removed by hp damage, and one that breaks the chicken status application when a units brave is low.

Grond, forgot to address the Hamedo thing. It probably could be done but it's not really a high enough priority since it's easy to work around. Hamedo is handled pretty uniquely in the code so it's like a high-effort little reward situation.

Grond

No worries about the Hamedo quirk. I actually had it (+Counter) on a monster class that had Two Swords innate as well, so they were able to get 4 attacks in on whoever hit 'em.:D But I've just removed Two Swords from them to compensate for the quirk (it didn't function with their normal attack anyway). So yes, it's easy to work around.