• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:29:37 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Some questions.

Started by alexandreonly, February 16, 2014, 11:59:00 pm

alexandreonly

I'm using the fftpatcher and i want to know how can i do some things (if possible):

1 - How to add a new ability? I want to clone some abilities and modify to be new ones, but i can't create a new slot for the ability.

2 - How to add a new job? I want to add some new jobs, not replace the existing ones.

3 - There's a way to increase the roster size? 16 is too small, even for the regular game.

Angel

1 - You can't. You must replace an existing ability.
2 - You can't. You must replace an existing job.*
3 - Kinda, but you sacrifice guest slots in doing so. And that isn't accomplished with Patcher, but with an ASM hack.

* RAD will let you add additional jobs to the job wheel, but they MUST share JP and ability slots with another existing job. In other words, if you bind it to Squire, and you have Squire's first ability unlocked, you will also have <newjob>'s first ability unlocked. And you still can't add a job, only replace an existing one (like, a character who is never seen in battle, or a safe duplicate job).
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?