• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:11:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 05, 2013, 03:03:08 am

Ahong

Ah, i got stressed out when i saw Raise 2's missed so much in round 2. Oh well, i need more experience, Good Luck BQB, hope we meet again later.

Maybe i can modify my team again with a strong team work. Hmm...

Good Luck for everyone...

*Ah, this is the 1st time my team lost.

TrueLight

What a match! It seems my Ninja is still suicidal as always. Charging forward to only get shot down. I was planning on giving him a Flash Hat, but I was wary of the -ton skills. Too bad nobody decided to use those skills this tournament >_> Archer still brings the pain and Priest got in those clutch Don't Acts. After watching iamBQB vs Ahong, I'm questioning why my Lancer doesn't jump. Oh well, those nice spear pokes are still helpful. I hope my RNG "luck" doesn't run out now, because I'm going to need everything I can get for the next round. GG Reks. Good luck in the losers bracket!   
  • Modding version: PSX

Zareb

Quote from: CT5Holy on July 12, 2013, 08:27:15 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament S2 Round 1 Vigilanti vs Zareb

Hey, man, nice team you got... Bow Gun Squire and your Don't Move spammer scared me the most!  Don't Move spam is always a hindrance, pun intended, as it causes my Monks to spend turns removing it; then again, it has to be done for my team to work at all... unless some Death Sentence got off earlier.  I can't ever afford to lose my armour as my Paladins depend on it so much for healing.  Also, Iron Will needs to be used early on, but didn't matter TOO much against your team since they didn't have any spell offence.

Round 1's outcome didn't surprise me as my team is potent in small quarters due to Kiyomori spam.  Battle Axe procs didn't happen at all, but they weren't very relevant against your team anyway.  Small maps always benefit me unless the unit is using Draw-Out, but even then I think some Transfusions would be able to counter that fairly well.

Round 2 was INSANE... had so much fun watching it!  I always build my teams' units to be completely reliant upon one another, so as soon as that first Paladin went down I knew that I was going to lose.  Due to the map lacking major obstacles, your gunners ran around and simply put me down; breaks and Steal Accessory definitely didn't help in that regard, either!  Dragon Spirit is always a good counter to Death Sentence.  GG.

Round 3 could have went either way, really.  I believe I got lucky due to Berserked units functioning like double-edged blades and not caring that a teammate is standing in their line-of-sight as they blast said teammate away for *515* damage.  Lol.   Some lucky Death Sentences and five minutes later it was over.  Again, it being a large map, my units could have easily separated from one another early on and I would have probably lost.

It was a lot of fun to watch this, and you were a worthy opponent, Vigilanti.  GG to you and good luck in the Netherworld!  (Perhaps we'll fight again down there... heh heh heh)

As always your commentating was clean and kept-up with the match.  Video quality was good and the sound quality was tolerable.  Thanks for recording my match with Vigilanti and keep-up the good work, man!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

reinoe

In season 1 we had the brackets color coded for each uploader.  Is there a way we can do that this season?
My dreams can come true!

Xifanie

CT5Holy, could you please use the same format as Barren for your video titles? And please also put the team name and colours in the description?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Gaignun

Quote from: reinoe on July 13, 2013, 01:02:58 am
In season 1 we had the brackets color coded for each uploader.  Is there a way we can do that this season?

I color-coded brackets last season with Photoshop.  Unless somebody is willing to invest the time to do that, I don't think it can happen.

CT5Holy

Quote from: Xifanie on July 13, 2013, 07:04:52 am
CT5Holy, could you please use the same format as Barren for your video titles? And please also put the team name and colours in the description?

Done! (I think)
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

reinoe

Quote from: Xifanie on July 13, 2013, 07:04:52 am
CT5Holy All uploaders, could you please use the same format as Barren for your video titles? And please also put the team name and colours in the description?

Fixed.
My dreams can come true!

Xifanie

My bad, I didn't know someone else was doing videos other than CT5 and Barren
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FFMaster

Sorry, was busy for a couple of days. Will start losers bracket in 2 days.

The matches will be:

Garland vs JamesOnyx
woodenbandman vs TheJonin
Torgo vs EmmaNigma
Malroth vs Dokurider

All 4 matches will be livestreamed here:
http://www.twitch.tv/ffmaster

The date/time will be Tuesday 10 AM +10 GMT. Make sure you convert the time to your own timezone. Afterwards, for those who miss the matches, they will be uploaded to the youtube channel as usual.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

reinoe

Quote from: FFMaster on July 14, 2013, 02:14:12 am
Sorry, was busy for a couple of days. Will start losers bracket in 2 days.

The matches will be:

Garland vs JamesOnyx
woodenbandman vs TheJonin
Torgo vs EmmaNigma
Malroth vs Dokurider

All 4 matches will be livestreamed here:
http://www.twitch.tv/ffmaster

The date/time will be Tuesday 10 AM +10 GMT. Make sure you convert the time to your own timezone. Afterwards, for those who miss the matches, they will be uploaded to the youtube channel as usual.

And we're going to see firsthand that the loser's brackets are always more exciting than the winner's brackets.  I think all of the loser's prelims are going to be close and the Doku v Malroth is going to be insane.  Malroth wins and the RNG will make it so.  Mostly to spite me and my prediction that Doku would take the whole thing.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

I will watch those matches when I get back from connecticon.  I hope everyone is enjoying the tournament so far. I will continue the matches when I get back
You dare cross blades with me?

Malroth

Yes Me vs Doku is going to be quite bizzare

EDIT:

I calculate this to be 1600 my time and check the livestream only to COMPLETELY forget the "Tuesday" part

FFMaster

There is approximately 2 more hours until stream for those who are lazy at using Google. Stream will be up at around 9:30 and will play random music to test my net connection and all that.

FFMaster

Thank you for all those who came to my stream today. All matches will be cropped and uploaded later today or tomorrow. If anything needs to be changed or improved for the stream, you can post suggestions and I will make it better to the best of my ability.

The Damned

(Thanks for streaming things, FFMaster. Even if I wasn't there for multiple issues.)

I guess this means it's getting close to my turn if Dokurider's next. This means I'm going to need to bug one of you soon.

Just a heads up.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

reinoe

So I did some calculations in my head and I'm like "I work a half-day Tuesday so I can catch the tail end of the stream", and then I realized that Australia is a bizzaro land that exists in a different time than America.  Then I realized that Tuesday to FFM is "Monday" to me. :?
My dreams can come true!

FFMaster

I did give a warning to convert to your own timezone =p

JamesOnyx

(I realized right away that this would end up airing Monday night for me, which is fine since I have work tomorrow :D)

Good games Garland.  I think what it came down to was the boost in damage I was dealing because of your max fury/faith units.  Some of my abilities, while they were lackluster before hand, were actually doing some decent damage.  My units were actually being pretty smart too, I was pleasantly surprised.  Your Priest was definitely pressuring my units round 2 though.  405 is some pretty crazy damage. 

Also, that crit I got on your priest definitely contributed to how fast the first round ended.  That was REALLY lucky, I felt kind of bad.

By the way, nobody runs Maelstrom???  I thought that it would have been one of the least countered elements so that's why I chose it alongside Earth.  It also helps that nothing nulls or absorbs both water and earth (Thief Hat is an issue though).  It also matched the plant theme I was going for (although I just randomly named all of them).