• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:53:47 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Registration

Started by Barren, June 14, 2013, 07:05:39 am

Dokurider

Then you better find a hat in your flavor because you're going to be eating it with a side of your words.

Fanatic

I need to watch replays of that team in action then.

If you've got that blade on a speed 12 unit, that makes it a speed 6 unit. It takes 17 ticks for that until to get a turn if its starting from 0, or 13 ticks if it only moved or only acted. A speed 11 until will go on Tick 10 and possibly again on tick 17, and its not hard to get an average speed of 11. So unless you're singing or dancing, you're going to be getting an action with that unit only after the entire enemy team has moved twice. Unless your opponent is a heavy sand bag team, they ought to be able to wreck bloody vengeance on you by controlling game flow with that 4 on 3 (or 4 on 2) advantage.

I'll grant you that many heavy hitters on this board favor defense oriented teams, but I just can't see a team with that blade being a powerhouse.
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

reinoe

July 01, 2013, 12:30:44 am #82 Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:37:34 am by reinoe
I have a team called "I Crave The Rave" that's all about using the Phoenix Blade users as complete distractions.

It's only played once though.  I wouldn't call it a "powerhouse" team.
My dreams can come true!

Jumza

Team submitted!
Yeah the Phoenix Blade is hard to use, but a few people have done it pretty well so far.
Can't wait for this tournament!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

reinoe

My dreams can come true!

Gaignun

Phoenix Blade is a headache on teams that turtle.  Otabo's Warped Time is a prime example.  The AI is drawn to attack Phoenix Blade users, whom are consistently at low HP, while ultra-tanky Knights Slow Dance your team to a standstill.  Warped Time is better at stalling than even Wiz's S1 team.  Some of my private test battle against this team lasted so long that reflect, a 0 CT status, wore off.

Andante49

Either more fodder for the "real" teams or a true contender

Looking forward to the tourney and many more

Garland

I can't wait for this to start- I'm like a kid in a tavern with new propositions available.

Barren

July 01, 2013, 09:31:22 am #89 Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:20:16 pm by Barren
Reminder everyone the deadline is tonight at midnight EST so PM me your teams!!!!!

Update: We just need 1 more participant. We currently have 31 people in
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

CT5Holy

July 01, 2013, 09:14:16 pm #91 Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:28:39 pm by CT5Holy
Whoa, woodenbandman!

Ok, so, I'm going to guess that there's either going to be 31, 32, or 33 participants.

If 32, then that makes things easy, since it's a power of 2.
If 31, 1 person gets a bye. Should we use seeding to determine who gets the bye (read: Avalanche), or randomly?
If 33, there's one "preliminary" match. Again, use seeding to rule out people landing there, or randomly? If we use seeds, I think we'll seed out top ~6?

EDIT: I suppose I should also ask if people would be fine with using S1 results for seeds.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

JamesOnyx

July 02, 2013, 02:30:40 am #92 Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:36:46 am by JamesOnyx
If you guys don't mind one more body to get to 32, I could join in.  Haven't messed around with this for a while and realized you guys were doing one last tourney before 1.39.

I have a team ready, I'm interested in how it'll work.

EDIT:  Oh, didn't notice it was midnight EST.  I go by PST time and it was still before midnight when I made the post.  If it's too late that's alright, I'll find another time to join in.

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

JamesOnyx

My team has been sent.  This way there won't be a bye as well. 

I'll probably just get stomped since my teams so gimmicky but I hope it'll at least try to do what it's supposed to.

Ahong

This tourney will be crazy, (a lot of strong team recently). When the tourney start by the way?

Barren

Registration is officially closed! Thank you the 34 participants that entered this tournament

With that said, having 34 people in is still good, we can just seed the two finalists (Gaignun and Avalanche) for the bracket

Barren

Quote from: Ahong on July 02, 2013, 04:44:16 am
This tourney will be crazy, (a lot of strong team recently). When the tourney start by the way?

I would think sometime this weekend pending on how fast we set up the rest

Gaignun

Quote from: Barren on July 02, 2013, 07:21:08 am
With that said, having 34 people in is still good, we can just seed the two finalists (Gaignun and Avalanche) for the bracket

Actually, all but four entrants get bys (or, rather, there are two preliminary matches).  The winner of these matches face off against the top-seeded players in the next set.

Barren

If you want to do it that way its fine with me