• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:03:32 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Multi Hit Skills?

Started by Jubei1986, July 15, 2011, 01:09:44 pm

Jubei1986

Basically this, taken (from Celdia's Patch)

"Thousand Blades: Throw a series of daggers at a nearby enemy. Moderate non-elemental damage. Strikes 5 times"

What kind of formula would i use for something to strike 5x? Could i do the same with, lets say a shuriken?
And is it possible to do this with skills as well in regulard FFT not FFTWOTL, because i know WOTL has barrage, but i want something
along the lines of just a double or triple attack? if theres a tutorial or post on this that i didnt see i apologize in advance.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I have no idea.  Just posting so you know that you're not being ignored.

Celdia

The description of the original formula 5E from the wiki page with formulas:

Quote5E Dmg_((MA+Y)/2*MA) #Hit_(X+1) 6.25% Status [Triple Thunder, Triple Flame, Dark Whisper] (This is the only multi-hit formula in the game that ALWAYS occurs X+1 number of times.)

I use a modified version of this for Thousand Blades in my patch. As it notes there, this is the only formula that lets you set the exact number of hits.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jubei1986

Lol PGF thank you for posting  :) , and thank you very much celdia answered my question 100%!