• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

blackdreamnr

ah.. , i hope the re-release comes out soon :) , ty sir elric

im playing on my psp now, hope someday to play this masterpiece :)

blackdreamnr

at last i tried to patch then convert to eboot , it works :) , hope chapter 2 comes out :) ty for this masterpiece ty

3lric

You are welcome. However you will not be able to complete the entire chapter on PSP due to the ASMs we use.
  • Modding version: PSX

blackdreamnr

just like what you told sir, it hang :( cant complete im only on the 1st battle when ramsa and cloud meet again on some point it stop :(, i hope there will be release coming out compatible to psx, psp too... ty again.

SpardaTheDevil

Guys, thank u so much for this mod.
P.S. Btw, it can be played even on phone(via emulator).

Daaayyy18

Hello, I have final fantasy tactics downloaded on my iPhone and I've been watching videos on these other final fantasys and I would really want to try them out but I don't know how to download them of any of that. So I was wondering if anyone can help me out please? That would be great!

Angel

If you mean you have War of the Lions on your iPhone, it will not work at all ever under any circumstances.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

chucho1224

i wonder if i sohuld replay this now or just wait for chapter 2 will the saves have problems? also awesome job in this hack

Xifanie

The current release will not compatible with ch2 (or the re-release for that matter). Far too many things changed. So many new features were added making it impossible (and undesirable) to keep backwards compatibility.

If you want to make sure you'll be good for ch2, keep enough motivation to play the re-release once it gets out. Once the re-release is sorted out, ch2 should follow shortly after.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jcluckett

I downloaded the fft journey of the 5 to my Android device. How do I make it playable?

Nyzer

You'd need to use PPF O Matic to patch it to a PSX Final Fantasy Tactics game file, then run it on a PSX emulator. Good news is you won't have to root the device or anything - bad news is you'll probably have to do the patching on your computer first.

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on March 31, 2013, 12:35:01 pm
Unzip the .PPF with WinRAR, WinZip, or whatever comrpession tool you have downloaded, then follow this tutorial to patch your .ISO/.IMG/.BIN with the .PPF.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeffa

Hey guys, how u all doin'?

I'm big fan of Tactics and heard from this AMAZING work you're all doing. So I decided to download, however it isn't working with my psxe. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but we never know :x

3lric

Chances are you have a bad or premodified iso/bin/img.

Try using a different copy, and make sure to make no other additions to it before patching with ppfomatic3.

Epsxe is also discouraged, but as long as you are only playing and not actually modding, there shouldn't be any issue. This release has been pretty thoroughly tested at this point. Lol

How/where did you hear of Jot5?

Tempest

Quote from: Zeffa on June 19, 2016, 07:53:44 pm
Hey guys, how u all doin'?

I'm big fan of Tactics and heard from this AMAZING work you're all doing. So I decided to download, however it isn't working with my psxe. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but we never know :x

Hey buddy,

PSX 1.13 is the most simple best working emulator I've come across, Elric recommended it and I'm glad that he did >.<

Sundaybrawl

Hey, been looking for a good FFT hack for a while. Just tried this one out and so far it's great! Although, I am having an incredibly hard time playing through it. Had to redo a lot of the very first fights and am actually stuck on the first beastmaster fight. Just curious, but is there something specific I should be doing in this fight or is it meant to be really difficult? I'm enjoying it a lot but I'm afraid I might stop if I can't beat this fight haha..

Excellent work on it btw. The sprites look great and curious to try out all the combinations with jobs and units.

Nyzer

Well, you can't zerg it recklessly or anything. You should be aiming to surround and kill specific enemies if they give you the chance. Bombs are a bad idea to try to kill early, while the Beastmaster is an excellent priority target if he gets close enough. One of your characters that isn't Ramza should also be a Chemist for ranged healing and revival. I say not Ramza because he already has ranged revival and is a great backup for that purpose.

Once you unlock Knights and Priests, you should pick one of the Five for each to be their main secondary, as those are excellent support Jobs, and don't bother leveling them through the Job trees until you get some of the rest settled in. Ramza should probably prioritize his Duke skills for a while too - Ultima and Altima are great.

If you plan a few moves ahead and make sure to check Active Turn, the battle can be pretty straightforward. Your Five can swarm and one-round kill just about any enemy there if they don't flee or get healed.

Guru

I don't remember the first beastmaster encounter too much, but if anyone can learn any chemist skills(especially phoenix down!) or white mage skills, set that as their secondary and it will be extremely useful, or like nyzer said make them a chemist for ranged healing/reviving. Aim for the beast master and any chocobos. Also watch out for the lamias as they can pack quite a punch(if there is any in this battle), but the battle is pretty much over once the beastmaster and chocobos are out of the picture. You could check out some of the youtube videos people did on JOT5 if you can't get past it.

Nyzer has the right idea though, surround, conquer and plan a few turns ahead.

Don't quit, it's definitely worth the struggle! It will get a bit easier too once you learn skills and have some versatility.

azavier

hey quick question im trying to decide if i should play now or wait until the re-release? how far until that comes out? also how many battles are in chapter 1 ? the same as vanilla?

thanks alot this mod looks great!

Nyzer

The work remaining for the rerelease is beyond me and I couldn't even give you an estimate, sorry. Whether you should play the current release now or not is up to you - depends on your patience to wait for the new release, and your willingness to replay games you've beaten.

The question "how many battles" makes me laugh, because between storyline battles and Marks we plan to blow vanilla FFT right out of the water in that regard. Vanilla had a mere 55 battles across all four chapters. Most of 'em just in chapter 4.

azavier

Okay thanks ! just was wondering because if it was coming out soon i was going to hold off, but since you are unsure im going to try it out now ! and wow cant wait to see how that works.