• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:17:44 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Tethical How-To Links

Started by lirmont, April 27, 2012, 11:28:25 am

lirmont

April 27, 2012, 11:28:25 am Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:29:57 am by lirmont
Tethical How-To

How to Install Tethical Server and Tethical Client by Kivutar

"Installation instructions for the testers and gamers (All OSes)

Get the panda3d runtime for your OS and install it.

Download the game client and launch it..."

Read More

How to Make Sprites by Lijj

"This is for anyone interested in seeing how I start the sprites for Tethical based on FFT's. I'd be honored if anyone decided to make sprites to match this style and work with me. But any sprite style can be used as long as an entire set is planned on or enough to use in a game. No colliding styles should be used in this engine, to put it as plainly as I can. There's still a lot to be developed in this particular style, like monsters, or the way portraits ought to be made..."

Read More

How to Make Custom Maps by Kivutar

"This guide demonstrate how to create a custom map for tethical from scratch. Step by step.

Step 1: Modeling a flat map using Blender

Download, install Blender and launch it..."

Read More

How to Create Image-Based Fonts by Kivutar

"This is a tutorial about font making for Tethical.

For this, we'll take as exemple the fonts used to display the cursor's height during the battle (called fftcoords):

1) Screenshots

The first step is to take a lot of screenshot from FFT. Use an emulator with no aliasing, with a 320x240 or 256x240 resolution..."

Read More

Getting started with Sprite Animator

"This will be a tutorial about learning the basics of how the Sprite Animator works. It can be quirky as it's still a work in progress, but once you know what to do it's off to the races. One thing to note as you work the the animator, if something appears with an extremely small window, just resize it to view everything.

Step 1: Create your Effect-Sheet

To begin, you must have all frames and graphics on one Effect-Sheet. It seems to take pretty large files, so I usually start with a 500x500 pixel sheet so that you can put whatever you want in the sheet..."

Read More