• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:18:24 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

krilz

Wow @ the Sacred in round 2. Almost came back there with the Meatbone slashes. However, what clinched it was pokeytax's ninja getting killed early. As long as he's alive, his team is a lot stronger than you'd think.

What clinched it for Dol I think was Jansporteds casters being retarded and getting themselves midcharged constantly, otherwise he had the upper hand all along, although the thief is a lot stronger on bigger maps where she can run around and use the ranged of throw at the greatest advantage.

The more I watch Frog2-play the more I think of it as a "risky gamble". Either it works out really good or it loses you games (like backfiring or never hits). This time however it would really well, but I find it interesting that most teams don't seem to have easy access to Remedy/Esuna or the AI is just acting retarded and doesn't use it.

Wow. ThrowAway's team is just raping when Frog2 does the job.

Gaignun

Match 50 Loser's Bracket

I'll have matches 43 and 44 uploaded by tonight or tomorrow afternoon.  In truth, match 45 was not recorded.

formerdeathcorps

Thank you, Gaignun.  Also, Wiz, can I take Gaignun's match against Aquilae since at the rate we're all producing videos, we'll likely reach that match before he returns from break?  I'm only saying this because you shouldn't have to do extra work (and the match arrangements made it so I had to do one fewer match than Pierce and Gaignun, and I'd rather do the same amount).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Wiz

Yeah, go ahead fdc ;)

I'll comment on 46-50 in a bit <_<
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

formerdeathcorps

June 30, 2011, 09:08:02 pm #324 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:13:52 am by formerdeathcorps

I'd argue Match 50 went on for so long because of what happened in Match 46.  Pokeytax would have baited Odal's knights with that cocatoris of his.  The Sacred would have likely punctured the weaker M-EV of Odal with Mimic Titan (and wind strike from the cocatoris).  That + Meatbone Slash being unevadable would have given the win to Pokeytax.  Now we're likely going to see more of long, drawn-out fighting as Odal faces Mando in Match 55 because both squads have heavy evasion, resurrection, and mostly physical damage.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

yohyzo

match 46
That 1st round was awful. Mid-charge sucks. Good thing it didn't really happen in rounds 2/3

match 50
Mid-charge sucks. I knew my team had some weaknesses and they really showed. Damn knights and their shields. Oh well, GG.

Barren

Good matches so far, the loser's bracket should be updated at some point so we know who will be facing who clearly
You dare cross blades with me?

formerdeathcorps

July 01, 2011, 08:41:38 am #327 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:43:53 pm by formerdeathcorps
Loser's Bracket #41 Rematch
Loser's Bracket #51
Loser's Bracket #52
Loser's Bracket #53
Loser's Bracket #54

Wiz, putting Celdia where she was actually made it easier for you to lose Round 3 (first hit).  That being said, the AI's stupidity is solely why you lost Round 2.

Luck carried me as much as my offense in this case.  The same kind of stuff I used to win against Kaz in Round 1 or natureguy in Round 2.

I underestimated OhGodBears' mage.  She's also the best healer on that squad, and that was crucial in saving his tanks in seemingly lost 4v2 situations against Lijj (Round 2) and then Pierce (Round 3).  The stupidity of the AI, right when it was evening up to 3v3 again (near the end of Round 3), however, is the sole reason for Pierce's loss.

The odd silences you heard on LB #52 and #54 come from the fact I had really loud outside disruptions (someone rapping on my recording room's door while yelling and a fruit blender, respectively), which I had to remove.

Mando

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....
but FDC...
The priest is supposed to have summon magic moogle and not time magic. One could say that well haste on time magic is better. However haste isn't great if it causes an imbalance in team speed. Which can be used to lure in faster units.
I will say I don't care if there is a rematch done or not(since I did pretty much make lijj's team). I am not sure if it would even make a difference due to the maps chosen/layout. I do appreciate the speed the videos are going up... but that is x2 in a row that there has been something wrong with fights involving ohgodbears

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Barren

meh...what can i say, he brought his offense to me in rounds 2 and 3...GG fdc, good luck in the rest of the loser's bracket

Pierce

I never expected I could've taken on OhGodBears' wizard, that loss was no surprise to me. GG OhGodBears.
That was painful to watch
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

ThrowAway

Wow, i just got the first chance to watch some Season5 videos!  Been walking across spain for the last month and a half and wifi here is spotty at best.  But i did get to watch a bunch with a good connection yesterday!  I'll post some thoughts on those matches- sorry, i watched my team first, but i will watch them all when i can.  Very intrigued to see how some of these ideas played out.
How did squidgy beat me so badly??  We tested together and i won almost every time.  On well, we'll see how the rematch goes.  Maybe i will get a frog to land on him this time.

I am very happy with the bard.  Frog2 is a hilarious spell with the AI in control; i'm surprised we haven't had more self frogs honestly.  Damn, i probably just jinxed myself.  Oh well.  But he is such a wildcard he can win a match by himself -- like match 49 with Last Song letting the lancer double turn and then an immediate Frog2 on two units -- or he can lose a match all by himself!  Either way, he makes matches fun to watch.
Lurker rush... ???

Gaignun

July 02, 2011, 02:36:38 am #332 Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:35:13 am by Gaignun
Match 43 Loser's Bracket Archives
Match 44 Loser's Bracket Archives

As for match 55, I recorded, edited, and rendered it, but was unable to upload it before my flight.  The winner is confirmed, but as I am now away from the computer on which the match is stored, I'll need to re-record the match.  Please give me a day.  If I cannot manage to record the match, somebody else will need to cover for me.

Mando

If it is too much hassle, why not just have someone do it anyways? I think we are what 6 matches from ending this season? Not sure if that is the correct number, but my point is we had a rough start in losers bracket with delays ect... ect... may as well finish strong and get it over with ya know?

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

formerdeathcorps

July 02, 2011, 03:15:21 am #334 Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:29:48 am by formerdeathcorps

Knew my luck shouldn't have lasted.  Good to see that reversals happened on both matches, though; that confirms the Loser's Bracket is now very close.

Gaignun, thank you for putting up the video links, but they're in the wrong order.  The one titled "LB 43" is really LB 44 and vice-versa.

Gaignun

Quote from: Mando on July 02, 2011, 03:01:05 am
If it is too much hassle, why not just have someone do it anyways? I think we are what 6 matches from ending this season? Not sure if that is the correct number, but my point is we had a rough start in losers bracket with delays ect... ect... may as well finish strong and get it over with ya know?

I agree.

Quote from: formerdeathcorpsGaignun, thank you for putting up the video links, but they're in the wrong order.  The one titled "LB 43" is really LB 44 and vice-versa.

Thanks for catching that.  I made the correction.

Barren

So I'm guessing battle's 43 and 44 wont count since Wiz did them :/

Piercewise

July 03, 2011, 01:04:17 pm #337 Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:12:54 pm by Piercewise
I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but it's my last match until the LB semi-final and it's too good not to put up immediately.

Loser's Bracket #56

Most fun I've had calling a match yet.
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

Squidgy

Quote from: Piercewise on July 03, 2011, 01:04:17 pmMost fun I've had calling a match yet.

Glad to be entertaining. That was my primary goal with this team.
Now that's more like it. I'm sad that Hamedo didn't act as overpowered as I know it is... Lancers shouldn't phase him, since the AI loves to poke from melee range, but at least Throwaway got his revenge. Banned the Bard is so aptly named; much cooler than Life the Living Bone, and believe me when I say those two didn't play well together.

Go and Frog more people Throwaway!... And make my victor prediction come true.

Piercewise

This tournament is such a validation of the double-elimination format. Consider...

Throwaway, Odal, and OhGodBears have been in the loser's bracket since round 2, formerdeathcorps since round 1! Since dropping a match they've combined for 20 wins. And who did they lose to? Squidgy (out on rematch), Gaignun (winner's bracket champ), Otabo (out in R3 loser's bracket...to Odal), and pokeytax (out loser's bracket R4), respectively. Three teams that have since fallen away and one who could easily win it all. Love the double-elimination format! XD
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."