• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:23:51 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

Gaignun

Fair enough, but Hospital in the Slums is still rife with choke points.  I was calling it out simply over its quality.

Dol

Quote from: Wiz on June 07, 2011, 03:57:34 pm

They were rid of then because the movement targeting's buggy, which is not a good reason to rid of them especially now. Besides, they're still perfectly playable maps, and they add more flavor to the Map pool.

I'll have to disagree about the Hospital map.  It was removed because people can attack from rooms away (hello kiku) and has a bunch of choke points.  It rewards ranged AoE teams much too highly, similar to Zirkilie Falls.  It didnt affect this match, but given a chance I'd definately vote to remove it from the rest of the tourney.

Barren

Well one thing is for sure that anyone with draw out (kiku in particular) can take advantage of the position they are in, like you mentioned Dol

As far as relying on AoE, yes its devastating to do so but sometimes its a disadvantage because they can be cornered and separated and screwed especially if someone has MDEF Up, Damage Split, Counter Magic/Flood something of the like
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

I was kinda surprised that Pierce's team won, I guess you'll never know what will happen

I'm a sad panda right now :(

No more of TROLOLOLOL  :(

Damn that Squire and Samurai is scary as hell! I was hoping to meet Zenius in the winner's bracket, well no matter, Im sure you'll kick ass in the loser's bracket

Looks like I'll be facing The3rdOracle next, I'm fairly confident but we'll see what happens. Good Luck T3O!

yohyzo

PX_Timefordeath vs yohyzo
Speed save item knight saves the 1st round. And early double don't act gives me the advantage in the 2nd. I was worried about the high physical/clops damage but it turned out all right.

Too bad about my wizard using a pointless flame rod. Should've used wizard.

OhGodBears!

Thanks for all the amazingly biased commentary Barren and Koko! :)  Tough to go out early but that Don't Act status was amazing.  At least I took it to three... not that that third round was much of a contest haha.  I thought I was doomed when Raise 2 missed in the second round.  GGs Otabo, definitely pulling for you now.

Nharayana

A bit too late, I was in Moscow subrbs, too deep for the Internet to reach) Seriously, my team acted too shy. Lancer was stuck in consistent support routine. The Monk is wierd.  :mrgreen: She was originally meant as a sword thrower, but eventually ended up throwing stones, since it is not allowed to have a ninja and a unit with throw skillset. And I am really concerned with bard's overperformance (he performs too much), strangely he was very aggressive while testing :lol: Anyway, thank's for the match, Tonberry  :cool:

It is probably going to be BAD. I used Kaz's S4 team to test mine during preparations, and that was tough. Now with his team improved, I am left to expect miracles)) Anyway, it is going to be pretty symbolic to be wiped out by his team so early in my first Tourney  :lol:
NharaYana!!1

Piercewise

Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

Kaz

Quote from: Nharayana on June 08, 2011, 12:56:01 am

It is probably going to be BAD. I used Kaz's S4 team to test mine during preparations, and that was tough. Now with his team improved, I am left to expect miracles)) Anyway, it is going to be pretty symbolic to be wiped out by his team so early in my first Tourney  :lol:

dawh, flattered. but my I didn't spend nearly as much time on my team this year and consequently it has many flaws - id say its definitely anyones game

at this point i just hope someone w/o a kiku wizard wins.
to hell with you mustadio haters

Barren

I finally figured out why the intro videos looked crappy on my part, because i was recording out of camtasia studio which makes the SEXY intro video not so sexy.

But now I have a program that can combine two AVI's into one so now the series of matches I'll upload soon will look REALLY SEXY :D

Zenius

Holy crap, is it just me or are Kikus on a rampage this season? lol ;p

Barren

Another error to report: Map 118 for me is completely glitched out because when I tried doing Lijj vs pokeytax there's no monsters present!!!! (at least on the P2 side) So for that, I'm going to pick another random map so that way they can all be present as a 4 on 4....not a 4 on 1

Wiz

Yeah, the reason why no monsters are present on the checkerboard lands is because the panels are all considered water which monsters can't swim on (except chocobos).

Aww, Vigilanti had something going for him in Round 1 :(

Speed Save Oracle tanked like a beast, but eventually died

NINJAS!

Barren

Well, in that case, then I'll pick a map that doesn't screw over the odds of a 4 on 4

Wiz

Match 37 Veliuz vs Jansported

Match 38 The3rdOracle vs Barren

Match 39 Aquilae vs Smitson

Match 40 philsov vs PrismSword

*Sigh*

25 Matches down (including the redo of Match 5), 8 more to go.

I'm surprised that I'm almost done with my portion of the tourney :cry:

Barren

Too sexy to resist Charm ;)

Wow! That's one of the best matches so far! This just goes to show that when it comes to strategies, every move is so important. The smallest mistake can turn the biggest tide. GG Season 3 Champ, it was an honor facing you

Nice matchup for both of them, but Aquilae looks pretty strong right now

...............DAMN!!!!!!!

Gaignun

June 09, 2011, 01:53:36 am #198 Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:54:24 am by Gaignun
Battle 7 Loser's Bracket

Battle 8 Loser's Bracket

Battle 9 Loser's Bracket

I daresay my delivery is stiff, crispy, and stale.  Like a cracker in the back of your pantry.

Battles 10 and 11 will come tomorrow.

Barren

WOW! That was some great commentary Gaignun! I LOVE IT! IT WAS SEXY!