• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

I guess I can resume Arena vids tomorrow
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

zxpr0jk

I'm still chugging them out extremely slowly since I'm getting used to the process and finding what works, and what doesn't.

Mando(Blinding Light) vs DomieV(Song and Dance and Punch) 1/3
Mando(Blinding Light) vs DomieV(Song and Dance and Punch) 2/3
Mando(Blinding Light) vs DomieV(Song and Dance and Punch) 3/3

Because of the pruning of the submissions thread, I've decided to change things before I get underway. Instead I'll have every team go at it 5 times. Creates plenty of footage, in my opinion, gives a more honest portrayal of how a team functions.

And I don't know why I end up running a Mando match first everytime... Hope he'll forgive me for using him as a test subject.

But don't worry guys, I'll pick up speed as time goes on.

DomieV

Well after watching these videos against Mando, I realized that my team has proved to be resilient and deadly at the same time....I think i'll stick with this team for a while since now I added a perk to my original Song and Dance team (meaning my martial arts lancer)

Good matches Mando, I like your team as well since its effective at healing and damage with the elemental and status procs working for you

Barren

Good job zxpr0jk, i like your style of videos

though if you want it to go just a tad bit faster try running it at 180 fps

other than that, it looks like you got the recordings down pretty good

zxpr0jk

This is where the recording for Eternal's Longshots versus My inquisition should have been, but for a variety of reasons, it won't be.

In place of that, have this:

He won 12 of the 15 games across three attempted five round recordings. I won the very first recording at 3 to 2, but ever since my thief has been incapable of evading more than 2 crossbow bolts all game. And getting hit with a Don't Move bolt was an instant loss, pretty much.

My Oracle couldn't seem to hit any charms or zombies outside the first 5 matches, and the Scholar only seemed to use Mad Science on herself in the fifth match of every series, but never used her 300+ damage pokes.

Because of the lack of Zombies, the Paladin and thief were incapable of doing their most useful attacks, Consecration and Seal Evil, and the majority of games ended with the Paladin alone with 3 or 4 archers picking at him. Because he's packing a Murasame, he could do no damage to them and inevitably fell.

Overall, the Longshots have excellent speed, damage, range, and status superiority. While I have some strong status effects, if I got them off, I couldn't capitalize on them before archers got turns, or they didn't get off, and it resulted in a wasted turn. Another weakness would be my single unit having raise skills. Once the scholar dropped, it was a downhill fight for the rest of the match. Often a Beguile would be set to cast on an archer with P Down, but because of the 40 faith on all the archers and neutral compat, I was flipping a coin on all status effects.

Well done eternal, I'll expect the Longshots to snipe several more people in the future.

Malroth

zxpr0jk  on your paladin replace sing with item so you have 2 characters with resurect and replace his Murasame healing sword with a Muramasa for its 100% faith proc and ability to damage non undead.

Barren

Barren

I took another look at the FFT Arena Guide and I forgot that Viglinti's thief needed equip heavy blade to wield the muramasa so my apologies for missing that

Barren

DomieV

Quote from: Barren on August 12, 2011, 10:00:46 pm
Good series of matches DomieV :D

Hell yea man...that was a very even match between us...GG Barren

zxpr0jk

Mando (Hindu) vs CT5Holy (Do Not Disturb)
(If nothing else watch the first round)

CT5Holy (Do Not Disturb) vs Eternal248 (Longshots)

*Unfortunately, CT5Holy informed me that his Ninja shouldn't have Raiton. My mistake. It's JP legal, but if either Eternal or Mando would like a rematch, I'll let them request it.

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Wiz

Indeed, FYI, all the teams that have been incorporated as of 130 have been put in matches made by me. 23 matches totaling 04:38:02;12 are in Camtasia atm and I'll cut some fluff out, but even if it doesn't take that long, the file will most likely be absurdly large in size causing the uploading process to be long in itself. I realize that I can use Virtualdub or any other compression the program, but Camtasia does some for me already when I publish it and in the long run, it actually takes longer to compress theses 8 separate clips due to their ~500 MB file size. Idk when this will be up because my YT channel time limit has been put back in place to the standard 15 min and prefer to upload everything all at once. It happened to me once before, and chances are, I'll get the "no time limit" privilege back soon considering that I audioswapped my "Content ID Matches" once again :/

But yeah, just thought I should let you guys know about the progress.

An note to the wise, Camtasia's got a noise removal feature, which essentially gets rid of that annoying BG noise!

Skip Sandwich

Quote from: Barren on August 11, 2011, 04:21:38 pm
Dol (Procs) vs THE RETURNING Skip Sandwich (My Happy Pills)

Ah Odin, my old nemesis returns, lol. Ah well, I'll just have to make sure my next team has some anti-death equipment, just in case :)

Anyway, for those curious, all my units are named after types of anti-depressants (and no, I'm not taking ALL of those, just the citlalopram).
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Wiz

Not intending to double post, but time limit's removed again, meaning I can edit this ginormous video and chances are, it'll take literally all night to upload due to the fact that the upload speed here SUCKS :p

Wiz

Voila!

Note: No music nor in-game sounds, so I suggest you grab some music (if you want to) and require you to make Popcorn :mrgreen:

formerdeathcorps

August 14, 2011, 10:34:50 am #698 Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:35:31 am by formerdeathcorps

Shade technically won Round 2 (and thus the match).  If grand cross hadn't missed (off an 85% percent chance) against one of my monks, I would have lost.
As for shuriken, Wiz, calm down.  My A Team does so much damage because it's a damage oriented squad.  Dealing 144/160 damage at range without considering faith or fury is a lot, but I maximized my team for that.  As you yourself pointed out, the squires are fairly squishy and 70 Fury on everyone reduces the tanking power of HP (and wish/revive are terrible at granting any staying power to raised units).  Thus, I reap the costs of having such an explosive team.

Somehow, I suspected that would happen.  The squad as a whole needs more than one person dealing damage (and I'll see if I can't rectify this for later).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Vigilanti

My bad on sending in an illegal team Wiz and Barren even though it didn't matter too much....i completely forgot about the thief equips and such...but hey when season 6 comes along whenever that will be I will be ready this time