• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:40:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

AI Behavior - can battle tactics be adjusted?

Started by DERIDEX120, January 04, 2016, 03:21:37 pm

DERIDEX120

I have changed the "bard" to have different attacks in his skillset. Pretty much 6 abilities. They do no damage, just inflicts status effects. The AI tends to use only one. While everything works correctly,  it makes a kind of boring opponent to only do the "stop" status instead of the wide array of possibilities. Is there anything I csn do about this
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

dw6561

I did some research into this at one point. I don't know if this is entirely correct but there seems to be a priority for how the AI uses status based moves. Although it is incomplete, my list should be somewhat helpful:

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11144.0

What you can try to do is adjust the ranges/charge times/AOE of the moves to make them more useful for what each status does. For example, Don't Move could be in an AOE to be used in coordination with high CT summons, whereas Stop and DA would work better as single target disrupting moves. Oil/Innocent/Poison are almost entirely ignored unless the AI has nothing better to do, so these are better paired up with damage or as procs.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.