• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:13:23 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.91 BugFix [King Needed a Band-Aid.]

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, September 05, 2011, 07:57:43 pm

3lric

8. Fix Spritemove generator, the X,Y are backwards (X exports Y and vice-versa)
8 (again). Fix Spritemove generator "Time in Seconds" to allow .25, .50, .75 etc. as they currently give a zero if set to anything below 1
8 (again). Spritemove generator inserts at EventEnd() instead of cursor

Will update with what I find on camera or anything else
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Just downloaded 1.8, Spybot S&D is saying there's some virus in it. I assume this is a false positive, but I think you should know.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 30, 2011, 07:07:35 am
Just downloaded 1.8, Spybot S&D is saying there's some virus in it. I assume this is a false positive, but I think you should know.

Well, Spybot's a bitch.  I know what every single file inside every folder is, and I can assure you there are no viruses.  It's probably the same as the situation with some programs seeing PPF-o-Matic as a virus.

As for my to-do list, I started already because of the errors Elric reported, and:

Done:

Right Click Menus.  Any editable Textbox control now has Copy, Cut, Paste, Select All, Delete, Undo, and Redo options via Right Click.  Any non-editable Textbox control now has Copy, Select All options via Right Click.  All Textbox controls now respond to Ctrl+A instead of just the main form doing so.

Camera Generator and SpriteMove Generator fixed and more thoroughly tested.  They now insert at cursor (guaranteed), now have all their X/Y/Z values inserted at the correct places, now accept decimals for Timer, etc.  I also redid their loaded Help files to be specifically about the Generators and only contain the need-to-know information, and clarified a couple things on the SpriteMove and Camera Help files.

Next on my list is the further-improved error-handling.  No, I'm totally not putting off debugging Green Comments.  Not at all.  Why?

Jon

Don't wanna nag but I know you like to be a perfectionist, and honestly I have no idea how WaitForInstruction works. I know what its for, but in the help list I don't understand like things like x06: {1A}, x07: {1B}, x08: {2A}/{2B} block, etc (all the ones just with letters). Another thing that maybe you should add to Camera (I find it useful information) was this sentence I found in Kokojo's Event Editing Tutorial: "Don't forget 63 and 4D or your event will be black." Context of entire thing Koko said here
{63}(rC9)
Camera(+01000,+00000,+00615,+00302,+02560,+00000,+04096,+00001)
Camera(+01000,+00000,+00615,+00302,+02560,+00000,+04096,+00128)
{4D}(r78)
Camera(+01000,+00000,+00615,+00302,+02560,+00000,+04096,+00128)
//This is a camera setup. Hard to learn -.- Those extra lines here... I don't know what they do, but they are necessary for a proper camera setup. Don't forget them. As you can notice, you need to repeat the camera line after for it to work properly in same case. Don't forget 63 and 4D or your event will be black.
I also said maybe to make it slightly more user friendly get rid of the numbers in front of everything (example 10 DisplayMessage or 13 ChangeMap) so the user can simply type what they think the command is called and it will scroll to it automatically. You could also put all of those Unknowns then at the end of the list and put the numbers behind the commands? Up to you! Other than that, I think 1.8 Easyvent is really awesome and yesterday I was able to easily create my very first event (after inserting that code from Kokojo to get rid of the black screen)! Thank you very much for creating this Raven! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

3lric

most of those are unknown commands Jon :P thats why they are like that, also the numbers are there since that is there command number, once you get more used to it, you WILL be glad they are there as not having them would actually be harder to use

Now, Raven, one thing i might suggest is to make things like 1B Unknown, instead be 1B ?? this way would make it easier to FIND certain commands such as WarpUnit or others that tend to be the same word length as Unknown, making them a bit more hidden or hard to find on the fly :D. If it would be to much work to change its no big deal, just a suggestion for anyone new to EasyVent as i know it made it a bit difficult for me at first

EDIT: Jon, what exactly are you trying to use it for? I've never had to use any more then the (now) known commands for any of my events :P  Tho if you do happen to test and find out what these do, be sure to post it, the more commands that are uncovered the better  :mrgreen:

RavenOfRazgriz

Added that info regarding Camera to all the Help files relevant.  I'd rather not remove the numbers in front of the Commands, Jon, but I'm trying to think of a workaround so you can use autofill without knowing the Command's index offhand.  I'll try to have something whipped up for v1.9.  I also fixed up the WaitForInstruction Help file to be updated for all known commands.  Only {1A}, {1B}, and {3E} are left without names since they are currently unknown.

Elric, that's actually a good idea.  I'll have Unknown become ??? in the Choose a Command Combobox to make skimming Commands easier.  The Notepads themselves will remain called Unknown, but you shouldn't need to open the Notepads or even look at them so you shouldn't notice/care.

Also, I just got done talking with Kokojo, and this is the new info he gave me:

{43}(r##) = CallFunction(x##)?

## = Value that determines operation.  01 is Silent Join After Event, 06 is Call Save.  03 and 05 are something Kokojo forgets.

49 AddUnit()

When the unit is already drawn on the map, this command can be used to remove shadow.  Probably needs a renaming, but not sure what to name it without it being a mouthful yet.

{7F}(rID002233)

ID = Unit ID
Target Unit's ID in ENTD.

22 = Something to do with EVTCHR palettes
33 = ??

{8C}(rID0022330000)

ID = Unit ID

22 and 23 = Something to do with EVTCHR positions and such.

{8E}() = ShowChapterEnd()

Must follow a ShowChapter() command to allow Event to continue.

{99}(rID00) = BlueRemoveUnit(xID,x00)

Remove a non-Charmed unit from the map with a blue hueing.

ID = Unit ID

Also, CloseDialog is going to be renamed ChangeDialog in the next version since that better describes what it does.

For anyone interested in how my 1.9 To-Do List is coming along:

Completed:

Right Click Menu and more Ctrl+A compatibility - Done.
Even More Robust Error Handling - Done.
SpriteMove and Camera Generator Fixes and new Help files - Done.
Auto-Fill Commands While Typing - Done, will explain how it works below.
Updates to Effect(), EffectStart(), EffectEnd(), and some other Help Files - Done.

To Do:

Debug Green Comments.
Better Event-Naming / Saving / Opening routines.
Updates from Kokojo's information and renaming CloseDialog to ChangeDialog.
Unknown becomes ???.
Make Choose a Command more auto-fill friendly.
Your Suggestion Here?

For the Auto-Fill functionality:

When you type your command (such as DisplayMessage), when you go to press your open parentheses key, meaning your Command would currently look like DisplayCommand(, it'll auto-concatenate my rubric to your command before you even finish typing it, and load it's Help menu into the side window.  So, poll: Do people want the auto-fill part of this feature to be toggle-able, or would you prefer the rubric to always appear?  Making it toggle-able is as simple as finding a spot on my interface for a toggle or keybinding a toggle-off/on command or something.

3lric

Jon

I also like the idea of a toggle, because I like the way it is now. Maybe auto-fill would be cool though, so yeah a toggle would be sweet!

@Elric: I'm gonna humbly attempt to make FF1. Yes, everything like the GBA version Dawn of Souls. Only differences between FFT and FF1 would obviously be that there won't be such a vast amount of enemies like in 1, the heroes are limited to 6 characters (no second abilities), and some of the events from 1 will be slightly altered. Currently I am about half way done with the opening event-the King giving his blah blah blah you gotta save the world bullshit and rescue my daughter Sarah-and the first battle against Garland. The whole game will thankfully flow map wise the exact same way as vanilla FFT. Once I get some shit done, I'll create a thread. At least most of the sprite work is done, hahaha :mrgreen: Also, I doubt I will need anything fancy for my events, mostly DisplayMessages and walking about, nothing like Rafa pulling out a sword and an assassin throwing an old fart off of a roof...

Eternal

Jon, I advise checking out the Gameflow Editor too. It's incredibly simple to use, and it'll help a lot, I think. :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jon

I looked at it and while the Gameflow Editor looks really interesting, I just want my events to flow the same way like vanilla FFT. I can change things like Mandalia Plains rescue Algus mission in 1.8 (I think) to say a regular battle or actually (I kinda wanna keep that mission as it is). Obviously I will have to really write then all the code from scratch, but I'm learning pretty quick (thanks to Elric sending me some of his events). Thank you anyway for pointing out the Gameflow Editor :mrgreen:, maybe I can use this in the future...

On a side note, actually editing events for me at the moment is quite a drag, a long process filled with many mistakes and quite a bit of frustration. Reminds me EXACTLY how difficult it was starting out learning the strange style of FFT sprites and then the programs Shishi, FFTEVGRP and FFTPatcher/TacText just to get "custom" units rolling in game. However I now realize that with all these tools and using them properly, you can (not so easily but also not so difficultly) pretty much make anything happen in FFT. The real problem is time, like always...

RavenOfRazgriz

POLL TIME.

I have almost everything in EVSP 1.9 finished except for debugging Green Comments.  Do you guys want your Green Comments badly enough to delay the release, or do you want your release TODAY?

3lric

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on December 31, 2011, 04:04:28 pm
POLL TIME.

I have almost everything in EVSP 1.9 finished except for debugging Green Comments.  Do you guys want your Green Comments badly enough to delay the release, or do you want your release TODAY?

Today :D

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RavenOfRazgriz

January 01, 2012, 02:06:37 am #113 Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:17:16 am by RavenOfRazgriz
And you all get your wish.  Welcome to the magical world of EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.9!

Download EasyVent Super Perfect v1.9 Here!  (Mediafire Mirror)

Lost Features: (Gasp!)

-Compiling Directly To/From the PSX Events.txt Notepad file.  I recoded the Multi-Compile logic from scratch and didn't feel like trying to figure out a way to make this work at the time.  It may be back in a later version, who knows?  You can compile the PSX Events Folder, though, so this loss is basically nonexistent.

Features That Didn't Make It:

Green Comments (again!).  I didn't have time to debug it, again, and wanted this release out for New Year's Day.  Maybe in 1.10, or 2.0, depending on what kind of update the next one is.

New Features:

-Completely redone Save/Open/Compile algorithms.  No more confusing dropdowns!  You press Open Event, you get a window that asks you to choose a folder, and displays every existing .txt file in that folder for you to open.  When Saving, it does the same - you choose a folder to Save to, and it saves both to that folder and to event.txt, and now you even get to properly name your events!  It'll both remember the last name you entered until you close out the program, and, if you save to a Directory that contains a Multi-Compile folder (which Custom Event Directory now comes with by default), it will save another copy of your event compatible with the Multi-Compile function.  The Multi-Compile routine was mostly just heavily streamlined and had error-checking added to it in a much more polished manner.  (Our "Big Update" of the Update, for sure!)

-EVEN MORE ROBUST ERROR CHECKING.  Now, it'll not only tell you the line of the error, but if it's a data entry, x, or comma error, etc. it'll also tell you what the command's name is, which argument is wrong based on the names I give them in my rubric, and what the invalid argument you entered was!  You're not getting much more specific than that.

-Right Click Menu on ALL THE THINGS.  If it's a Read-Only window, it gets a Copy/Select All Right Click Menu.  If it's a Editable window, it gets a Copy/Cut/Paste/Select All/Delete/Undo/Redo Right Click Menu.  In both cases, these Right Click Menus have the keybindings listed next to the command you're choosing to help you get used to remembering them as well, if Right Click is only something you're doing because you're unfamiliar with keybindings.

-New Labeled commands!  43 CallFunction, 8E ShowChapterEnd, and 99 BlueRemoveUnit.  In addition, Unknown Commands were renamed to ???, to make skimming the Command List dropdown much easier.

-Camera and SpriteMove Generators fixed! (For real this time!)  I also redid the Help files that display when using them to be about the Generators and not about the Commands themselves.

-Command Auto-Fill as you type!  This one's great for newbies, and comes with a toggle for those who don't need or dislike it.  When you finish typing a command and type its open paren, such as DisplayMessage(, the command will automatically fill in my rubric for you /and/ open the Help window, making using the command very easy if you know it by name but not input!  For those who like the Help window opening automatically but don't want to have Auto Fill on - don't worry, the Help window will update regardless of your Auto Fill setting.

-More Help file updating.  This time I checked to make sure everything was working correctly by running a full Multi-Compile through my uber-robust error checking and got no errors - so this should be good!  More Help files that had little info were also clarified some.

-Folders were reorganized so that less stuff is visible in the main folder.

4---KeyBindings

Main Window
CTRL+A = Select All Text in Current Window
CTRL+C = Copy
CTRL+D = Decompile TEST.EVT
CTRL+E = Compile Event
CTRL+F = Find or Replace Text in Editing Window
CTRL+I = Move to Indexed Event ComboBox
CTRL+K = Toggle Auto-Fill
CTRL+L = Close EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.9
CTRL+M = Move to Map Selection ComboBox
CTRL+O = Open Event
CTRL+P = Open SpriteWalk Generator
CTRL+R = Open Camera Generator
CTRL+S = Save Event
CTRL+T = Move to Command List ComboBox
CTRL+V = Paste
CTRL+X = Cut
CTRL+Y = Redo
CTRL+Z = Undo
F1 = Help (Opens this README file.)

Camera Generator
CTRL+C = Copy
CTRL+E = Export to File
CTRL+L = Close
CTRL+V = Paste
CTRL+X = Cut
CTRL+Y = Redo
CTRL+Z = Undo

Sprite Generator
CTRL+C = Copy
CTRL+E = Export to File
CTRL+L = Close
CTRL+V = Paste
CTRL+X = Cut
CTRL+Y = Redo
CTRL+Z = Undo

Event Compiler Options Window
CTRL+E = Compile Just Event
CTRL+D = Compile Directory

Save Options Window
CTRL+C = Copy
CTRL+E = Refresh
CTRL+L = Cancel
CTRL+S = Save
CTRL+V = Paste
CTRL+X = Cut
CTRL+Y = Redo
CTRL+Z = Undo

Open Options Window
CTRL+C = Copy
CTRL+E = Refresh
CTRL+L = Cancel
CTRL+O = Open
CTRL+V = Paste
CTRL+X = Cut
CTRL+Y = Redo
CTRL+Z = Undo

Help Window
CTRL+C = Copy
CTRL+L = Close

Find/Replace Window
CTRL+C = Copy
CTRL+F = Find Now!
CTRL+R = Replace Now!
CTRL+L = Close
CTRL+V = Paste
CTRL+X = Cut
CTRL+Y = Redo
CTRL+Z = Undo

3lric

Bug 1
Dunno HOW I did this, it just started showing 2 sets of the main folders as I was browsing thru them

RavenOfRazgriz

Yeah, I forgot a line of code on the Refresh Folders button.  Woops.  I'm compiling a small list of Bugfixes and edits for a v1.91 release later.  Nothing I've got so far is anything more than small error-fixes or convenience features, though, so I'm not in a rush to make a bugfix release.  Keep reporting those bugs, though.  If you find a critical bug, like a broken generator, something not compiling, etc., I'll expedite 1.91 like I did with 1.9, no worries.   Meanwhile, I'm going to begin compiling my list of stuff for the bugfix release here and begin work on another project.

Content for v1.91 Bugfix:

1. Add the one line of code needed to clear the Directory Comboboxes before adding the items to it so that Elric's error won't happen again. 
2. Add logic to remember what your last chosen Directory was.
3. Rewrite the text on the Compile Just Event.txt / Compile Directory prompt to reflect the new interface and Compile logic.
4. Use a fucking wildcard to get files for multi-compiling instead of having to keep 2 copies of every event, retard.
5. Make a new window for when you press Decompile TEST.EVT that prompts you if you want to concatenate the namelist used by either Vanilla or Vanilla Plus to them after Decompiling.
6. Try something to Eternal's virus scanners not flip a shit.
7. Add logic for Replace All?
8. Your bug here.

If this is missing any bugs, let me know.  Meanwhile, tonight I think I'll begin work on another project of sorts.

RavenOfRazgriz

Download EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.91 BugFix Here!  (Mediafire Mirror)

So, fuck y'all Critical Errors.  This should catch all of them, including at least part of Eternal's problems.  It also cuts the need for a separate Multi-Compile folder when Multi-Compiling, the ability to pull names for your PSX Events folder from a different Directory before Decompiling, and the Command List ComboBox now works with both 10 DisplayMessage and DisplayMessage style inputs.  There's probably other shit but honestly, it's too minor for me to even remember.  Enjoy.

EDIT: Reuploaded because I'm a fucking derp and messed up the Event sources.

3lric

These are the rest of the Unit Animations used for events. The "Monsters" uses the Red Panther but includes attacks from all monsters
(I will write lists for these soon as well)

EDIT: Added Flying & Floating monsters to the video list
NOTE: Goblin, Pisco Demon and Skeleton all use Human Spritesheets and follow Human Unit Animations rather then monsters
EDIT: Added List of Animations for MON type. ALSO, due to the fact that some animations between 3D-76 look different
        for some monsters due to different types of attacks, I have also add 15 VIDEOS covering 3D-76 of EVERY sprite
        that uses SHP: MON SEQ: MON.  Zodiac Demons will follow shorty
EDIT: Chocobo Animation List added!

Monsters

Monsters - Flying

Monsters - Floating

Monster Attack Animations 3D-76 All Monsters

Ahriman Attacks

Apanda Attacks

Behemoth Attacks

Bomb Attacks

Bull Demon Attacks

Demon Attacks

Dragon Attacks

Ghoul Attacks

Hydra Attacks

Juravis Attacks

Marbol Attacks

Panther Attacks

Trent Attacks

Uribo Attacks

Worker 8 Attacks

Chocobo

Zodiac Demons

Altima (First Form)

Altima (Second Form)

3lric

Double Post, Suck it!

For anyone using the ADD/ZERO commands in events you should know that while it's not reflected on the main page in the event instructions

0x0000 - 0x002B

Are the same as the Maps listed in

0x0200 - 0x022B

The ones used in 0x0000 - 0x002B are used with 0x0031 to determine your Current Map location
(such as where your character's first worldmap position would be upon starting the game)

EXAMPLE:

ZERO(x0031)
ADD(x0031,x0003)

will put your character at Lionel Castle the next time you enter the worldmap

Help someone finds this information useful

EVSP 1.91 BUG
When trying to replace Ramza with {Ramza} using replace now! It doesnt work quite right, if i continue to hit the button it makes the same one gain more brackets example {{{Ramza}}}
Maybe you should add a Exact Phrase/Word Option?

Command 3E
{3E}(r02000000FFFFFF3C00)

In this example FFFFFF is used to make the screen go fade black  and 3C makes it happen after ~ 1.5 seconds or so

r00   -   R,G,B
r01   -   R,G,B
r02   -   G,P,Y
r03   -   R,G,B
r04   -   R,G,B
r05   -   R,G,B
r06   -   G,P,Y
r07   -   R,G,B
r08   -   R,G,B
r09   -   R,G,B
r0A   -   G,P,Y
r0B   -   R,G,B