• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:25:20 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Ramza's fate confirmed *spoiler*

Started by Dome, February 15, 2012, 07:33:43 pm

Durbs

Haha. No ****ing way I could have guessed that.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

So guys, still don't believe me that the Orlandeau in TO: PSP is the same from Ivalice?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kaijyuu

EmmaNigma

i dunno this sounds like a horse_ebooks type answer
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

GeneralStrife

Kagebunji

His english is kinda poor, I take it? Cause if not, he wust be smoking weed with Basch indeed.

But still, mixing TO and FFT is delusional Et, you mix everything with everything, tbh, FFX, FF7, TO, FFT... C'mon man, get a grip :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kaijyuu

Orlandu specifically died, as was said by Olan.

Eternal

QUIT SMASHING MY DREAMS! IT'S THE OPPOSITE OF OUR MOTTO! ;_;
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kaijyuu

None of it really happened anyway, so you can decide whatever you want to decide about the story/characters/etc.

Your dreams are safe so long as you believe.

Halcyon

Quote from: Kaijyuu on February 16, 2012, 04:00:32 pm
Orlandu specifically died, as was said by Olan.

Not exactly, he asked if his father "died honorably" that could just mean that, Orlandaeu might be working his way back to Zeltennia to find his son, so if left ambiguous he could still be alive.
A sword left planted rots of age.
As does it's wielder, when cut down in pride.

Kokojo

THEN VOLDEMORT AND HARRY POTTER ARE LOVERS!!!! THANKS KAIJYUU!!!!!

(In fact, no)
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kaijyuu

@halcyon
Same old arguments:

1) Orlandu, like all the special party members, are written out of the story once they join. There's no canon end to them since they could've died anywhere along the line.
2) No way back from Murond Death City, at least according to what's-his-face.
3) Big arse explosion that outright destroyed the airship they were fighting on. Maybe this is using shonen anime logic and they still survived that somehow?
4) Why in the hell would Orlandu (and Ramza for that matter) not save Olan from being burned at the stake?
5) See my above post(s) for why all the previous points could be considered moot.

Off topic side rant:

This is why authors should never explain ambiguity they intentionally left unexplained. Some people like Ramza dead, while some people like him alive. Without a direct answer, both sides are happy. Give a direct answer, then half the fans feel "betrayed" or somesuch while the other get an ego stroke. Ambiguity (that doesn't result in plot holes, at least) is a strength, not a weakness, so fans asking for answers should be given a punch to the face.

@Kokojo
I didn't know you were into that kind of fanfiction.

In serious, even crazy shit like that can have "literary merit" (or whatever the hell you wan to call it) as a character experiment, alternate universe, etc. Far, far, far more likely it'll just be a terrible shipping fic, but hey, not impossible to do it right.

Dome

February 17, 2012, 03:54:32 am #14 Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:56:01 pm by Dome
Quote from: Kaijyuu on February 16, 2012, 10:09:10 pm
3) Big arse explosion that outright destroyed the airship they were fighting on

The explosion blew them to safety

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Kaijyuu on February 16, 2012, 10:09:10 pm4) Why in the hell would Orlandu (and Ramza for that matter) not save Olan from being burned at the stake?

How do we really know that Olan was burned at the stake?

Quote from: Dome on February 17, 2012, 03:54:32 am
The explosion blew them so safety

+1

Kaijyuu

You saying Olan wasn't executed by was recorded by history to have been anyway?

Well that's a wild theory but....
Quote from: meNone of it really happened anyway, so you can decide whatever you want to decide about the story/characters/etc.

Re: Explosion. Shonen anime logic, then. Otherwise dynamite would be a cost effective method of transportation.

Xifanie

Quote from: Kaijyuu on February 17, 2012, 07:34:44 pmOtherwise dynamite would be a cost effective method of transportation.

Secret of Mana's cannon anyone?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Kaijyuu on February 17, 2012, 07:34:44 pm
You saying Olan wasn't executed by was recorded by history to have been anyway?

Well that's a wild theory but....

Re: Explosion. Shonen anime logic, then. Otherwise dynamite would be a cost effective method of transportation.

You sir are a BUZZ KILLER
xif, make his new name buzz killington

Kaijyuu

Aww I mean no disrespect or buzz killing. I'm giving justifications to your wild theories and guesses!

Just 'cause it's fake and never happened doesn't mean it loses any merit. I mean, movies, theater, and professional wrestling are fake too. So what?