• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:30:36 am

Dex(gme) to psv?

Started by Sanosk, July 01, 2012, 12:38:05 am

Sanosk

July 01, 2012, 12:38:05 am Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:28:34 am by Sanosk
How can i convert Dex/gme to psv? Currently trying to convert a dexdrive/gme file to a psv to work on my ps3.

Some how is odd i got psv to dex done, but however now i need convert it back to psv and my converter cant >.>

Post link plzzz to download converter gme>psv

formerdeathcorps

.psv => .gme can be done because you are taking a larger file's data and converting it into a smaller one.  The reverse, however, is probably impossible in general; just observe the following comparison on file-size:
A .psv savestate holds all the information about what is currently in RAM about ONE saved file on ONE game.  Its size is 3.7 MB.
A .gme file contains all the information on 16 different saves from potentially 16 different games.  The total size is 132 KB (meaning the save for one game is 8 KB).

In other words, there does not exist a generalized .gme => .psv because for this conversion to work, one also needs the ROM file in question and the ability to load it (which means any such program would have to treat each game separately).  At that point, you may as well be using an emulator and creating savestates from it.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Sanosk

Good explanation, might have to change plans now i just like playing at tv regular bases nothing special.