• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:28:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Timbo

August 14, 2018, 12:24:57 pm #240 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:07:25 am by Timbo
Quote from: Elric on August 14, 2018, 09:35:10 am
Thanks Timbo. And sorry Nyzer. but im still releasing a version with Luso as well :P

Speaking of which, am I still reWotLizing the dialogue for that version or have you taken care of that at this point?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Bonesy

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Eternal

I'm super excited for this. Great work as always, Elric and team!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

Timbo, i dont have time to do a wotl dialogue version myself. But all the tools and documentations and such used to make TLW will be made public on release, so you could certainly still do that yourself if youd like. Should be easy enough, will mostly just take a lot of time, since the offsets and such dont match the FFT Complete or Wotl events, and we added new commands to some of the events to make things work, so youll have to copy/paste the text into each event and then make adjustments since WotL was made for a wider screen than PSX version.

Timbo

I'm not really crazy about the idea anymore. I'm kind of over the WotL dialogue. I offered to do it before because, at the time, I thought there was a genuine desire for it but now I'm not so sure. However, if there are enough people who want it, I would be happy to contribute my time to this as a service to the community.

Hell, I may end up doing it anyway just to encourage people away to move away from the psp version.
  • Discord username: Timbo

corpsra99

Way to go Elric and Team!! Super excited!!

3lric

Quote from: Timbo on August 15, 2018, 01:15:40 am
I'm not really crazy about the idea anymore. I'm kind of over the WotL dialogue. I offered to do it before because, at the time, I thought there was a genuine desire for it but now I'm not so sure. However, if there are enough people who want it, I would be happy to contribute my time to this as a service to the community.

Hell, I may end up doing it anyway just to encourage people away to move away from the psp version.

If its something you do decide to do, i can help when needed. The hardest part would be getting all the dialogue lined up right, but we have tools to help with that now as well.

I can get you a copy of TLW. Once finished, with the WotL graphics in it for towns and such

3lric

UPDATE: Bravestory issues seemingly fixed. Will be doing more tests this weekend, everything is coming together slowly. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

Moofin

Looking forward to when this releases. Keep up the good work y'all!  :mrgreen:

3lric

Thanks man.

UPDATE: Nigh everything is working as it should now. The only 2 things we are currently held up by are

1. Roster Hack Fix / New Roster Hack

2. I need to make an event, with Jumps, that can be used for when Algus, Mustadio, or Boco dies, if you chose to save them.

Aside from those, everything is working as expected.

More updates soon

Bonesy

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Heisho

Hey there Elric!

Could it be possible to know how many ability slots are Balthier and Ashley going to use? I know this might top secret but I only want to know the amount of slots needed since I'm interested in using this as a base for my future project and perhaps a rearrange of ability might be needed.

If the info is secret I'll wait until release.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

3lric

Quote from: Heisho on September 09, 2018, 10:36:43 pm
Hey there Elric!

Could it be possible to know how many ability slots are Balthier and Ashley going to use? I know this might top secret but I only want to know the amount of slots needed since I'm interested in using this as a base for my future project and perhaps a rearrange of ability might be needed.

If the info is secret I'll wait until release.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

We used the remaining slots to create Balthier and Ashley, just as WotL did to create Dark Knight and Balthier.

There will be a seperate version that adds Luso instead of Ashley, so youll get some extra skill space there though. If you choose to go that route

Heisho

Quote from: Elric on September 10, 2018, 06:55:40 am
We used the remaining slots to create Balthier and Ashley, just as WotL did to create Dark Knight and Balthier.

There will be a seperate version that adds Luso instead of Ashley, so youll get some extra skill space there though. If you choose to go that route

Got it, so Bathier will be a Mustadio/Thief like clone, just as WotL. And Ashley 5 slots. I think the plan to improve/change Balthier I had when I was working on PSP WotL is going to be used after all since I can only spare 10 slots after the modifications I planned.
Thanks for the info man, I think that I can make something of this and keep the plan of using your patch as my base.

Hope you can resolve the missing pieces since it seems that the result is going to be great.

By the way one question. The slots that used the Dark Knight I think they were hardcoded into an ability that calls the effect somewhere else in PSP. In PSX if I try to use those exactly I'll mess up the animations of Ultima/Altima teleporting. Do you use other slots for Ashley or do you found a way to use said slots? (28, B8, DB, DC)

Regards.

3lric

Ill have to check later on when i can check the fftp file. Ill let you know when i do. We are also trying to get Dark Knight in as well, using male data from dancer and female data from bard. Choto is working on a ASM for this so we will see.

Valkirst

Thank you for all the work you have done throughout the years!
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

3lric

September 10, 2018, 09:58:29 pm #256 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:35:17 pm by Elric
Quote from: Valkirst on September 10, 2018, 09:24:18 pm
Thank you for all the work you have done throughout the years!

It's my pleasure.

Have been talking to Choto for the last few hours, Dark Knight is pretty much confirmed to be working now. Once he finishes that up, I will get the ASM put into the game and do some playtesting.

There are some things though... Everything in this patch has been along the lines of WotL, however, since the Dark Knight will be in (and Onion Knight won't) and since we also won't be using the exact same skills as the WotL Dark Knight due to space restrictions, I'm going to take a few liberties.
- Dark Knight will likely have requirements of Job Level 8 in both Knight and Wizard to unlock.
- Skillset will have the skills from Gafgarion and a few more.

The good news is that Choto says he can make the ASM able to be customized for the job unlock requirements, since obviously due to the way this is done, it won't be just a FFTP edit, but it should still be simple enough. This will allow people who are using this as a base patch, to change the unlock requirements, or even change it to a different new generic job, with different requirements if they choose to do so.

@Heisho, I haven't looked into those skills yet, but I will in a bit. However, you should know that you can attach effects (like the altima teleport) to moves that don't use an effect, like jump or math skills, which allows them to be called for effects in an event, but still have normal function in battle, without effect. I'm not 100% sure how the Altima Teleport works, but something like this should be possible in theory. We've done a bunch of this for Jot5, so that we didn't use skill slots specifically for an event effect without being able to use the skill slot in battle as well. I hope i explained that in a way that is understandable, I'm quite sick right now and haven't gotten much sleep the last few days.

More info in a bit.

Moofin

Quote from: Elric on September 10, 2018, 09:58:29 pm
I'm quite sick right now and haven't gotten much sleep the last few days.

Sorry to hear. Get well soon, man. :(

3lric

Quote from: Moofin on September 11, 2018, 12:02:03 am
Sorry to hear. Get well soon, man. :(

Thanks man. It gets rough sometimes. A bit personal that no one probably wants to know, but I have Crohns disease and Ulcerative colitis, so when I get sick, it just makes those even worse, but I do what I can.

@Heisho, I looked into those 4 abilities. I see what you mean now. They are indeed movement for Altima 1 and 2, as well as 1 of the 4 being used in one of her events as well, as you can see from the documentation I just did here:

ABILITY - 0028 | EFFECT - 02B Summon Demon (Not used in Events)
ABILITY - 00B8 | EFFECT - 0C0 Summon Angel (Used in Event - Graveyard of Airships (Victory))
ABILITY - 00DB | EFFECT - 0E7 Teleport 3: Send (Not used in Events)
ABILITY - 00DC | EFFECT - 0E8 Teleport 3: Arrive (Not used in Events)

Now, the thing is, these are hardcoded to Altima's movement. An interesting thing to note though, is that you can move an effect like this, that isn't actually an attack or anything, to an ability that doesn't use an effect. This allows you to use the effect in an event while retaining the normal ability as well in battle. This is done for quite a few effects in Jot5, for eventing purposes.

The issue with these 4 specific abilities though, is that they are hardcoded to be used for Altima/Altima 2 movement. Unfortunately, I am not an ASMer, so even if I were to move the 4 effects to a safe spot, like say, the Jump abilities (since they are also hardcoded and no one changes them) I have no idea how to re-point that hardcoding to the new ability slot to call the effect from.

I've PMed someone about this, and also mentioned it on IRC, so maybe someone can make a ASM for this some day and open up those 4 addition slots for normal ability use in a vanilla mod. It would be nice to have them for Dark Knight, since Dokurider made a cone AOE that would work to recreate one of the DK abilities from WotL, but until such an ASM is made, there isn't a whole lot that we can do about those 4 slots unfortunately.

EDIT: to answer your other question

Balthier uses slot:

02D for Barrage and everything else he has is vanilla

Ashley Riot uses the following slots, sort of like Dante in Jot5, but controlled by a lite version of ARH:

165 Shadowweave
166 Wyrm Scorn
167 Vile Scar
168 Cherry Ronde
169 Iron Ripper
16A Ignis Wheel
16B Ruination
16C Scythe Wind
16D Brimstone Hall
16E Sanctus Flare

Heisho

Quote from: Elric on September 11, 2018, 12:59:36 am
@Heisho, I looked into those 4 abilities. I see what you mean now. They are indeed movement for Altima 1 and 2, as well as 1 of the 4 being used in one of her events as well, as you can see from the documentation I just did here:

ABILITY - 0028 | EFFECT - 02B Summon Demon (Not used in Events)
ABILITY - 00B8 | EFFECT - 0C0 Summon Angel (Used in Event - Graveyard of Airships (Victory))
ABILITY - 00DB | EFFECT - 0E7 Teleport 3: Send (Not used in Events)
ABILITY - 00DC | EFFECT - 0E8 Teleport 3: Arrive (Not used in Events)

Now, the thing is, these are hardcoded to Altima's movement. An interesting thing to note though, is that you can move an effect like this, that isn't actually an attack or anything, to an ability that doesn't use an effect. This allows you to use the effect in an event while retaining the normal ability as well in battle. This is done for quite a few effects in Jot5, for eventing purposes.

The issue with these 4 specific abilities though, is that they are hardcoded to be used for Altima/Altima 2 movement. Unfortunately, I am not an ASMer, so even if I were to move the 4 effects to a safe spot, like say, the Jump abilities (since they are also hardcoded and no one changes them) I have no idea how to re-point that hardcoding to the new ability slot to call the effect from.

I've PMed someone about this, and also mentioned it on IRC, so maybe someone can make a ASM for this some day and open up those 4 addition slots for normal ability use in a vanilla mod. It would be nice to have them for Dark Knight, since Dokurider made a cone AOE that would work to recreate one of the DK abilities from WotL, but until such an ASM is made, there isn't a whole lot that we can do about those 4 slots unfortunately.

EDIT: to answer your other question

Balthier uses slot:

02D for Barrage and everything else he has is vanilla

Ashley Riot uses the following slots, sort of like Dante in Jot5, but controlled by a lite version of ARH:

165 Shadowweave
166 Wyrm Scorn
167 Vile Scar
168 Cherry Ronde
169 Iron Ripper
16A Ignis Wheel
16B Ruination
16C Scythe Wind
16D Brimstone Hall
16E Sanctus Flare

That was exactly my though. I saw this in the Patcher while I was doing a PSP patch (impossible or REALLY hard to conclude BTW) and I noticed that when I changed them on the PSX some bad stuff happened so I labeled them as DO NOT TOUCH to avoid confusions and the like.

By the way regarding the ASM Choto is making sound pretty nice, however, I already made a "Black Knight" since I was not interested on keeping Bards and Dancers, I mean the latter are hot but that's not good enough. So I hope I can "lock" the job that might surface using data from the oposite genders. The reason is that I planned for a physical (and dark) class for males and a magical (and holy) for females.

And for the skills, man those are a lot  :mrgreen:. I actually can spare 12 slots (yes, I found 2 more) for Balthier and Ashley. Regarding Balthier I'll take the skillset I made a while ago while tampering the PSP in an effort to make him different from Mustadio and a little more close to FFTA and for Ashley...well I'm in a blank  :|.  Maybe I'll rework them to fit a 5-6 slot skillset, maybe something elemental, maybe something to break, or maybe something from the unholy formulas I'm making or trying to make.

Anyway thanks a lot for the info and I'll definitively use your patch as a base, hope the blanks can be filled soon. It really seems promising.

And lastly, although you might heard of it or maybe you can can send me to mind my own business, I don't know if you tried a semi-vegan diet (if you're not  doing it already) A relative have something like that and doctors and nutritionists recommended a high fiber based diet and low sodium. However I'm not a doctor and perhaps I'm thinking about the wrong ailment. Anyway is just a humble opinion in trying to help you get better. I hope you get a quick recover.

Regards.