• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:19:55 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

3lric

This is a base patch.. We aren't changing the abilities. Modifiers are supposed to use this patch to make their own patches...

And thank you for the compliments. It should be out soon.
  • Modding version: PSX

JantheX

I just want to be clear- I'm pumped about basically everything about this patch.  But I do have a question that I'm well aware is related to what's being asked above, and I apologize for that, but I think it's a distinct question worth answering, if possible.

Is there any way to add content that is solely for the second run through?  I assume the new opportunity to save that's introduced by The Lion War for New Game + option is loadable by other FFT isos and brings you back to the beginning of the game.  If that's the case, I would think you could always just structure two isos, one intended for the first run, and the second for the NG+ run, right? 

But is there any other way that we know of to add things to the game that don't trigger until the player is in NG+?  Is there an unused flag somewhere that a creative modder could later find good ways to implement that we might attach to the NG+ event happening?  Something like that?

3lric

December 12, 2014, 06:00:01 pm #122 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:07:31 pm by Elric
Use a variable to check if you are in new game + if the variable returns true, run the event.

All the NG+ stuff is done via event commands with Xif's event instruction upgrade hack. Look this up on the FFH Wiki. If you know how to use these, there is a lot you can do.

Nothing new that is added to TLW is unmoddable (though he didn't make anything that previously wasn't moddable any easier to mod, since that wasn't our goal) Everything that we added to NG+ can be disabled/added to. BUT it will require you to learn something beyond the scope of FFTPatcher. So a lot of people probably won't mess with it.

Considering all the New Game + bonuses we added aren't available until new game +. The short answer is yes.

Though I don't even know what you are saying about the 2 ISOs thing O_o

JantheX

Ok, I have to apologize, clearly I didn't read carefully enough before asking my question- all I remembered was that you'd mentioned you'd hidden items in the early game that wouldn't be findable until later.  I'm really excited that the NG+ edits you're describing are possible, then.

I'll start reading up on event instruction upgrade hack and go through this thread much more carefully before I ask you any more questions.

The two ISO thing was me thinking that, in the worst case scenario, you could always write two games on two totally different disk images if you didn't know how to do NG+ edits, and treat disk 1 as the normal run through the game and disk 2 as the NG+ mode.  You'd just take your save file from the first disk and play through the NG+ edits you made on the second disk.  Hardly an elegant solution, but it would sort of work.

MTCruvinel

Looking forward to this patch!

Timbo

I have a suggestion. Instead of making both Alicia and Lavian Onion Knights, make one of them a Red Mage or something new.
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

We won't be doing that. There was no Red Mage in WotL as a playable unit.

There is also no ability space to make a new skillset thats not just frankensteined from others.

Black Knight Egroj

Do you think it is possible to substitute the debug menu in the world map to create some kind of melee or redenzevous battle?
-Wait a minute, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?
-Yes, so?
-That is against the rules isn't it?
-Screw the rules I have money!!

3lric

DuMa_GaMeR

Awesome work with the patch!

Just a small question about somehing i didn't catch... About Rad, Alicia and Lavian, are their BASE jobs going to be DK and OK respectively? if yes, will they be the same of WOTL ? (Skillsets and stats)

Again, congratulations to you guys, for your amazing work!

Waiting excited for this wonder!
I may get it from the first time.
Or maybe not.

But Eventually, i'll surpass everyone's expectations...

3lric

No, their base job is not BK or OK.

You can only make them such optionally as part of the New Game + rewards. The Dark Knight will likely have a couple different skills than WotL due to ASMs and Skillspace.

DuMa_GaMeR

Oh, nice!
It's an add for the new game + then!

Keep up with the good work! o/
Or maybe not.

Black Knight Egroj

Can you please post a beta?? I'm so excited about this mod i can't wait to play it . I can't play fft wotl in a emulator because it's kind of unplayable and i don't have the money to buy a PC or a psp to play it so , i'm really in a hurry.
-Yes, so?

3lric

You being in a hurry won't get it out faster lol.

We are working the best we can.

I won't be releasing a beta, as it would kinda defeat the purpose if everything wasn't working anyway.

Black Knight Egroj

Ok thank you. I am just upset because square enix is making me wait forever to release a english version of wolt for android and i would have no hopes of playing it until i saw this mod. And i'm really sorry if i'am demonstrating such despair with the development of it.
-Yes, so?

3lric

No need to apologize, I do like that people are excited for this.

We are trying to get it done as soon as possible

DanteS

I was taking a look in the information about this patch with much more atention to see if I get it... and basically the real showtime starts on new game + right? Btw really awesome work that is being done... keep it this way guys you rock ! :D

3lric

December 15, 2014, 11:39:18 am #137 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:14:35 pm by Elric
Quote from: DanteS on December 15, 2014, 07:59:31 am
basically the real showtime starts on new game + right?

Well, uh, sort of. I guess I should explain.

From the very beginning of the game on your first playthrough you will see all the extra events and battles for WotL, you will also be able to recruit Ashley Riot and Balthier. This is all the WotL specific stuff and the reason we made this patch.

Now for the extras. Upon beating the game you will be given 20 points (first playthrough) You can then choose NG+ or Continue+ both of these offer different amount of points for beating. It will look something like this:

(Note: the Clear Count is bugged in this image)

Now here's the fun part. You get to use these points to purchase special rewards for your Characters. The current list is as follows:
(though we have not decided on the point values as of yet)

Deep Fry (kill boco and earn stats based on his job)
    Rebirth (back to lvl 1 losing 75% "earned" stats)

Boco - Yellow Chocobo
    Boco - Black Chocobo
    Boco - Red Chocobo
    Rad - Dark Knight
    Lavian - Onion Knight
    Alicia - Onion Knight

Worker 8 - New Skillset
    Worker 8 - Fly
    Byblos - Add Apanda skillset
    Byblos - Short Charge/Non-Charge
    Byblos - Teleport

Ramza: Ultima lvl2
    Ramza: All-Ultima
    Malak: Poison Frog
    Malak: Toad 2
    Thief: Allure
    Thief: Shadow Stitch
    Monk: Stop Breath
    Priest: Magic Barrier
    Oracle: Blood Suck
    Time Mage: Galaxy Stop
    Calculator: Non-Charge
    Time Mage: Teleport 2

Recruit - Archaic Demon
    Recruit - Ultima Demon

The above list is what Xifanie has come up with for the Rewards. Everyone who likes what we are doing here should thank Xifanie very very much, as without here none of this would be possible (hell, TLW alone wouldn't even be possible). Xifanie is the TRUE mastermind behind all this awesome stuff you guys will soon get to witness.

Hopefully this clears up some confusing for everyone.

DuMa_GaMeR

WOW! Just... WOW!!!

It complements the answer to my question a 100%!

The Reward sistem is a masterpiece! It adds a replayability that never existed on Vanilla!!!

I mean, Galaxy Stop for Time mages? That sounds nasty! (must cost a whole lotta points tough xD)

Fantastic job guys! Xifanie is a goddamn mage !
Or maybe not.

sasapinjic

Great work  here , i cant wait for this to be finish , and  i just want to express my thanks for your all of  your  hard work .  :D

If new Square directors had half a brain they will recruit  you to create  some  official FFT game  !   :mrgreen:
" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
my Homepage