• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:26 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Nojgaard's Sprites

Started by Nojgaard, July 31, 2011, 11:14:34 pm

Nojgaard

April 16, 2012, 03:12:55 am #40 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:47:41 am by Nojgaard
I liked the 2nd option too. Reworked it a little and fixed a few things. Do you like it?  :D
Current Projects:     Coming Soon (or maybe not):

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jon

I like it at its original size, the fang to our right may be slightly too big (considering the one to our left is only 1 pixel long). This isn't FFT style at all, but looks pretty awesome and doesn't matter since you clearly are going for your own style. I really like how you did the eye (to our right). :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Given this is not FFT style, and is not supposed to be, I am not gonna tell anything other than you need to move the port itself more to right, look how much free spot there is, it makes it look weird. Make the face be in the center of the image in other words.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cherrie

I'm just gonna say I love this~

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Excellent work!  Though I'm somewhat disappointed option 3 gets no love.  Option 2 is, nevertheless, lovely, and by far the best.  Same with your minor additions to the same.

Nojgaard

Did some corrections following your observations and i bring you 4 options today (sorry for the spam), this options have larger or shorter fangs, also moved the image a few pixels to te right to center her face, but i kinda liked the left aligned option, it makes her look a little sneacky.
So, what do you think? What option likes you more? Coments and ovservations are very wellcome as always

Btw, im posting the images in a appropiate size? They are too big? Too small?

Lijj

Is this something that's been scaled down? The AA on the outside looks like it has been blurred automatically.
  • Modding version: PSX

Durbs

My problem with the center-aligned one is that her hair continues past where it seems that it should. It seems like it should begin to level off and recede as the portrait is moved progressively further right, instead of continuing on at the same angle.

I also feel like the second fang (on the right) should be a little further right and up to fit with the mouth. Not much, but just a hair.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 17, 2012, 05:14:30 pm #49 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:20:33 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Requesting one where her ear is at the edge, yet not cut off.  With long fangs.

And are you a fan of Star Ocean 2?  Because I bet you could do a wonderful Rena.

@Durbs: Some women have that much hair.  So soft.

Durbs

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on April 17, 2012, 05:14:30 pm
@Durbs: Some women have that much hair.  So soft.

But most women's hair don't defy gravity. ;)

Nojgaard

April 17, 2012, 08:37:18 pm #51 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:47:51 pm by Nojgaard
Thank you very much to all for yor observations
Did some changes to the portrait, moved her left fang one pixel to the right and maded it at the same size of the other. Also moved the portrait to the right until it reached the very edge of the portrait (but not cutting her ear), so far this is waht i got

Portrait scale 300% and 100%
Btw, i dont own the original "portrair image" actullay its based on this piece fom deviant art http://laur-.deviantart.com/art/AT-Marceline-253301225?q=boost%3Apopular%20marceline&qo=3 all i did with it was selecting pallete, sacaling it and stuff.

Also, now i can show you the sprite set =D

The head and the hair are fom Zozma's Deis (Breath of Fire 3), jut removed the top spiky point of the hair
The arms are from Kagebunji's Generic Female Ninja
The shirt, "pants" and boots are fom Squire F
So, what do you think guys? what needs to be done?

Durbs

Yeah, hair is much better in my opinion, as is the fang placement. It's the small little things that make all the difference. :D

As for the sprite, well... I'll let the experts go after you on that. I'm not sure if some of the things that I don't like are entirely valid. The blue skin tone seems slightly off to me, for instance. It probably isn't.

The one thing that I do feel needs to be addressed is the boot color in conjunction with the blue. It doesn't seem to mesh well with it. Perhaps a fairly dark brown color would match it better; as it is now, the orange contrasts violently with the rest of he sprite.

I'm also not sure how easy it would be, but if you're trying to match the picture, it might be neat if you can make her shirt fall a little over her shoulder (like on the right in the example you gave). It might help it to look more unique, too.

Taichii

for me i think it would be best to add a little more blue on her skin or hair? O.O
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jon

Are you using existing colors on the sprite? The boots are too light, like Durbs said, I agree, darker boots. Also the darkest purple is so close to the second darkest, you might wanna fix that by either making the darkest darker or the second darkest lighter, or both. I like Zozma's hair, good choice!

Nojgaard

April 28, 2012, 12:15:36 pm #55 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:58:34 pm by Nojgaard
Did some changes to the palette, the hair is now more blueish, the skin is slightly more blue and pale, still matching with the reference i guess. The boots are darker now, something in between dark red and brown; and lastly the shirt stayed in the same color.
I used in game existing color for everything but the shirt, is because all the grays i finded are too dark or too light =/ and is needed something just in between that.

Also, opened just a little the shirts neck

Taichii

could you make her hips a little skinnier? :D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jon

I honestly can say that the colors are now fine. The made up grays are good as well, when in doubt just make your own colors but try always to use if possible existing ones. There's not too much more I can say because I only see the front facing frame (which looks good, keep it up), but yeah keep these colors and see how it goes! :mrgreen:

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Taichii on April 28, 2012, 01:06:59 pm
could you make her hips a little skinnier? :D

They don't need to be. Lol.

Nojgaard

Hi all, worked on some things lately.
Firt, this is the Marceline project, new color and corrections from the last time and stuff. Du you like her? Its ok if i upload her today?

Second, this is some kind of a gift for my gf, its based on her original character "Sakary".
The shirt and arms are from Kagebunji's Generic Female Ninja
For the hair i used some parts from  Female Monk, also i used some parts from Shishi-Sensou Asura Male (the top part from the hair)
The pants are from Mustadio, this guy used to be a Steam Punk before it was mainstream XD

Reference

So what do you think ppl?