• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:15:53 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

My help thread

Started by Kjata, November 15, 2014, 01:29:32 am

Kjata

I've started modding this game. It's more for myself than anything else, I've been wanting to get into modding for a while and the vast amount of tools available for FFT and it's deep modding potential attracted me.

I'm probably going to have a ton of questions, because as of now I only know how to use FFTpatcher well. I'm starting this thread so I can keep all of my questions in one place.

First and foremost, I want to change weapon formulas. I want axes and flails to have non random damage, and would like to be able to mess with other formulas if the need arises. All I can really find are ways to make the randomness not shitty, but I would prefer no variability at all.

If such a thing is not possible with what is known, I was thinking about making all the axes and flails have the "rod" weapon type, because I was going to condense all the staffs and rods into one type anyway.

Choto

The Weapon XA Rewrite should be in one of Raven's workbooks. You can change the weapon formula to almost whatever you want. Probably in the Item workbook