• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:36:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

Eternal

Whoops, it's actually Dragoon 3. My apologies, Skip, I'll change that now.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zenius

Wow, this is gonna take a lot of getting used to :O
Sweegy took a massive amount of tries =_=

Eternal

@Doku- Not if you don't want to, really. Like I said, it only changes a few things. Update as you see fit. The biggest change is to the Oracle, since Cataclysm has been changed, and you can't just plop Feather Boots onto the party and be cheap. =P

@Zenius- Sweegy can be annoying with the Bombs, but Aero and Blizzard magic pretty much takes care of them. Honestly, the hardest battle in the chapter is probably Wiegraf or Zeklaus. =P
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Skip Sandwich

speaking of Wiegraf, that reminds me I forgot to mention that I found the changes to the chapter finale battle make it epic and awesome. INCREDIBLY SO.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Eternal

Heh, thanks! I absolutely loved making that battle.

Kagebunji

So...you thought of changes we talked about yesterday? And while changes are the subject, what about Boco?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Sorry, Kage, but Zack probably won't be replacing Cloud anytime soon. Like I said, if anyone replaces Cloud, it'll be Balthier.

Regarding Boco, I heard from Raven last night that Boco has its own spriteset, meaning that I can potentially make a white-paletted Chocobo, give it the Trickster class, and give it to Wiggy. Raven also told me how to make enemy units mount chocobos, so that's something I'll consider as well.

Timbo

Quote from: "Eternal248"Sorry, Kage, but Zack probably won't be replacing Cloud anytime soon. Like I said, if anyone replaces Cloud, it'll be Balthier.

Regarding Boco, I heard from Raven last night that Boco has its own spriteset, meaning that I can potentially make a white-paletted Chocobo, give it the Trickster class, and give it to Wiggy. Raven also told me how to make enemy units mount chocobos, so that's something I'll consider as well.

Did Raven tell you in chat, pm, or in a post?  If it was a post, would you mind providing us with a link so we can do it as well?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Eternal

Ah, sorry, it was in IRC. I'd have to check Shishi to confirm that Boco has his own spriteset, though.

philsov

Quote from: "Jack of All Trades"Did Raven tell you in chat, pm, or in a post?  If it was a post, would you mind providing us with a link so we can do it as well?

QuoteAs for his stuff, let me see what I can find...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2128

You need to quote his post to view the spoiler, since I'm guessing it got broken in the transfer all those months ago.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Eternal

Thanks, Phil! That should help immensely.

Zenius

Just beat Miluda 2, I'm having one hell of a time with this xD
Saving money is actually a challenge with this ^^

Bug report: AI units set with a One-Handed weapon on the Left Hand will sometimes come in with weapons in both hands
Left-Handed Wizard @ Dorter 1 came in with Blind Knife and Rod
Left-Handed Priest @ Thieves' Fort came in with 2 White Staves

Eternal

Glad to hear you're still enjoying it!

Yeah, I'm aware of that bug. As long as they don't have Two Swords, they won't be able to attack twice, though. It's more a minor nuisance than anything else. I think you'll like Zeakden. ^_^

Skip Sandwich

@Zenius
money isn't nearly as much as an issue once you hit chapter 2 and bar propositions become available, some of them can net you 30k gil or more upon completion
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Eternal

OK, so, since there probably won't be a release for a while since I'm on the event editing part... I may as well post a to-do list of what will hopefully be in the next release.

-All new script, or at least for Chapter 1 (with any luck the author of the translation I'm using will respond shortly to my e-mail).
-Balthier replacing Cloud.
-Replacing Cloud's skillset with Balthier's Quickenings from XII, as well as his moves from Revenant Wings.
-Rebuffed Lucavi HP.
-Fully debugged Bard/Dancer.
-A few new ENTD's.
-More glitch fixes, including the dual-wield, but not really dual-wielding glitch.

It's going to take some time, but I would like you all to be patient, and look forward to the next release! Thanks!

The Damned

Out of curiosity, what are you changing the script towards? More references to FFXII?

If so, then you might want to take a look at the In-series Crossovers part of FFCompendium, especially since that says that FFXII comes after FFT most likely, though I know that you claim to see the opposite and it is somewhat open to interpretation (just like the end of FFT itself...currently).
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

I'm using the literal translation found here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197339/48627,
as well as supplementing the script and appending a bit of my own script. I'm also writing the Cloud dialogue from scratch (when I get to it, which will be a very long time. I'm not even half done with Chapter 1) to add Balthier. Balthier should be a fun character to write, though.

I'll be sure to check out that link, for certain. But the only real XII reference in the script will be the use of "hume" instead of "human", which the literal translation also does.

The Damned

I see. I'll be sure to bookmark that link too.

Last curiosity for now is if you're doing such a huge script overhaul, how are you going to be able to make sure that you do go over whatever limit FFTacText has in place? (I haven't messed with it that much outside of items, so there's probably something I don't know.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

TacText and event editing are two totally different things from what I've seen, so the limit shouldn't be an issue.