• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:14 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Kagebunji

Good to know this is making progress in the end. I wanna try it out once this baby's out :D

I still wonder about Dark Knight and Onion Knight though, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Haha! What a silly thing for Square to do! Well that is grand news indeed and it seems as if all future tools are going to take this redundancy and compound it so all of this will be usable eh? That is looking outside the box, again, fantastic work to everyone involved. This project not only helped the FFT Community in all, but also improved our event editing capabilities by tons!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dome

We should upgrade our slogan
"Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!
Now with 100% more dreams"

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: LastingDawn on February 13, 2014, 11:48:20 am
Really? Set-ups are not needed at all? I thought they decided things like if Ramza is mandatory, which ENTD's to load, music, time of day... that sort of thing? Are you telling me that those aren't actually Used or Referenced at all?

To clarify exactly what a "Setup Event" does and why it's not needed:

The game will run an Initial Event from either the World Map or the ATTACK.OUT's Go to Next Scenario.  This Event is the "Setup Event", and yes, it does decide all the things you listed, as well as tells the ATTACK.OUT which Event Script to run.  (Event Scripts are the index for ATTACK.OUT Conditionals.)  The important thing to note for how this works, though, is that any actual contents in a "Setup Event" are ignored.

So, what we do now is place the first actual Event in the "Setup Event" slot, run it from the World Map or Go to Next Scenario to load all these things into memory, then when the Event Script is reached and we begin playing the first ATTACK.OUT Conditional... we run that exact same Event again.  Its contents weren't played last time because it was ignored to build the Loading Screen - but now that we've zoned in and are running from the ATTACK.OUT Conditionals, we can play the Event normally.  And thus, we don't need dedicated "Setup Events" anymore.

LastingDawn

Now That is impressive Raven! I never would have dreamed it would have worked that way...

Thanks for the thorough explanation.

Art of War

3lric

February 16, 2014, 11:16:22 pm #65 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:30:20 pm by Elric
Alright, so NEW GAME + should be all good to go now. Here is a screenshot to demonstrate how your
party will look after you start NEW GAME +. This is ALL thanks to Xifanie and her WONDERFUL new
Event Instruction Upgrade hack.

As previously mentioned, units will remain this way until you recruit them. If you do not want
to keep their JP and Jobs/abilites, etc, you may want to remove them before the end of the
game, you will still be able to recruit them as normal when the time comes, they just won't have
their stats/gear from your previous playthrough.

(MISSING Units cannot be dismissed)
(Alicia, Rad, Lavian and Boco all count as Unique Units)
(Don't mind the duplicate Agrias. One is Ashley Riot, since I have not done the WLDFACE / UNIT.BIN yet)

So now it's just getting all the pieces put back together again. Will update soon.
  • Modding version: PSX

Reks

Very, very nice!

Also, your net post will be your 2000th!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

LastingDawn

Whoa! Using "Missing" for something other than an idiotic "Sorry you left that unit on Proposition when you changed chapter!" Is a stroke of genius and makes Perfect sense!

Art of War

Pride

So... You could only potentially only have Ramza until you start unlocking the special units again? You might want to add a disclaimer =P
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

No Pride :P

We are using the Party Roster Hack. Even if you have ALL the unique chars, (including Rad, Lavian, Alicia and Boco)
as well as Ashley Riot and Balthier. You would still have 2 slots avaliable.

ultimate_kensuke

This Looks Amazing.

If Dark Knight and Onion Knight are in this, My life would be complete. Literally I've wanted to play WOTL on a non portable system for ever.

Make a Kickstarter, I would pay for this.

In Short, Thank you.

Lurker Support.

ultimate_kensuke

Question: Will This Patch "Fix" The Mighty Sword ability to hit non equipped enemies?

RavenOfRazgriz

The ASM that allows Mighty Sword to hit monsters will be bundled in the pack of recommended ASM to apply to your ISO, yes.  You will have to apply it yourself using FFTOrgASM (along with the other recommended ASM) but we're not applying any nonessential ASM directly as "undoing" ASMs after they're applied can be difficult for entry-level patch makers, which this project is targeted towards.

3lric

Have just created what should be the LAST test iso. My testing will begin tomorrow after work. As long as everything goes right, all we will have left is
having 3 rumors de-wotlized and FFMaster putting Angels new frames into the intro movie. Once this is finished, I will look for a couple bugtesters to make
a final pass through the game and New Game +

More updates soon, again.

3lric

Here is a no audio version of the new opening which includes Toshiko's new transition frames and title screen.

Thanks much to both Toshiko and FFMaster!!

Sorry about not having audio, I'll record another one on my desktop later, as the audio recording on my
laptop is horrid. (Video recording isn't great either lol)

kyozo22

Wow, thanks indeed! Looks brilliant. Great job, Toshiko and FFMaster.
  • Modding version: WotL

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

ultimate_kensuke

The Intro really is beautiful. Perfectly integrated. It truly looks just like the psp intro video.

Timbo

I haven't looked at this in quite awhile. Everything is looking good. I'm really impressed with the quality of work here. The missing units business is brilliant. You guys are killing it.
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

Thanks Jack, testing will resume on this next week. I felt bad that I had been putting off Jot5 so long to work on it, and
I wanted to make some events, so I've been doing that the last 2 weeks trying to close some of the gap for Chapter 2.

In my testing I am about halfway through Chapter 2 in Vanilla, then I need to go back through on NG+ to make sure
everything is working. Fingers crossed.