• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:58:33 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re-ordering jobs?

Started by A Blood Red Fox, June 02, 2014, 04:19:44 pm

A Blood Red Fox

I've changed the classes around quite a bit, and the ordering of them on the jobs wheel no longer makes much sense. How practical would it be to change their order? I'm assuming there is some way to do it, but is it practical?

Jumza

I bet it would be possible through some ASM work, but you could always just completely switch everything between 2 jobs to re-order them.

For example, I copy the chemist Job, skillset, stats, sprite etc... into the squire slot, then switch the pictures in the program that handles formation screens (I can't remember, it's been so long since I last used it. FFTEVGRP I think?) then do the same for the squire into the chemist slot. Bam, now they are switched on the job wheel. Although now all squires are chemists and vice versa in game, so you'd have to go through the entd and handle all that.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Choto

It probably would be possible to do with what we know already... problem is it would take a bit of looking into and could potentially not be as simple as initially thought. Given the workload I recently acquired I don't have time. If somebody wanted to stab at it though I could provide some information I think.

A Blood Red Fox

I forgot to mark the topic as solved... just did now. The solution suggested by Jumza works... since what I'm working on is eventually going to have all the battles replaced anyway.