• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Alter unit stats?

Started by dennino, November 27, 2014, 03:04:29 pm

dennino

Recently I downloaded VBA and FFTA because I loved the game on GBA. After playing for a while, I became really bothered that my best viera characters (Elena and Eldena) had such similar names. So I learned a bit of hex editing and managed to change Elena's name to Melora! :D

Anyway, my question regards changing unit stats with a hex editor. Basically, I want to have units with the maximum possible speed, but don't want to just have 999 speed and also don't want to worry about resetting to get speed every level. So for an assassin, I would calculate the speed assuming that the character gained +3 speed every level until 50. Is there an easy way to set individual stats to a desired value?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

advfox

You can use the AIO editor. If you want a class's speed to grow at a static rate, like +3 per level like you said, change that class's speed growth to 3.0.

3.1 would give a 10% chance for a speed bonus of +4, 3.2 20%, etc.
  • Modding version: PSX

dennino

Thanks for your response. This editor is great!

So there's no way to manually change a specific stat? If a character were already level 50 this wouldn't change anything, right?

Also, does the class stat change apply to enemy units as well?

advfox

There are codes on this page that modify units' stats to 999. You can get one of the "alternative" codes, and change 3E5 to whatever value you want, but make sure it's in hex. I've done this a couple of times in the past for convenience.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/560436-final-fantasy-tactics-advance/faqs/26118

The changed stat growths do in fact affect enemies.
  • Modding version: PSX

dennino

That's exactly what I was trying to do! Thanks for your help, Blue!