• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:47:44 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: Remix General Info

Started by Zozma, November 06, 2008, 09:03:10 pm

Zozma

November 06, 2008, 09:03:10 pm Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:40:14 pm by Zozma
Okay so as some know im working alone on a patch. slowly but surely.

It's not a complete story change, however, I have done a few "things" to warp the story. Adding in some new characters and new jobs and abilities as well. A real goal of mine is to make the game significantly more difficult weather you have special units or not.

Ideas are always welcome.

I'm currently still working on chapter 1. The only big things that happen differently are that Algus decides to stay at Igros after you rescue him, and Delita invites Teta to come along with the group to Dorter. Along the way The Aquarius stone is found, yes this early, but nothing real obvious happens yet pertaining to lucavi. Miluda also escapes from the original fate given to her by square, she may be stubborn but shell see the light eventually eh...

Money: Gained money during battle will be cut down to 1/4 also the resale value of items will also be reduced to 1/4 the norm instead of 1/2 price.

Ramza's skills besides the normal 4 are blue magic and rare. Can you get them all? we shall see.

anyway, Characters that join you:
----------------------------------------------
Izlude - Knight Blade: Mighty Sword skills that dont miss monsters
(With orlandu out of the picture and the Mighty Sword formula fixed hopefully, theres absolutely no problem with him joining up after the point that Orlandu normally would have already been there. I am debating his skillset because I would like to have skills similar to sword skills, for the Spear/Pole only weapons.

Miang - Terror Knight: Terror Blade, Uses the Fear skills that the zodiac monsters use, but at MP cost, and they also do physical damage.

Balmafula- Arch Witch: She will join you instead of Orlandu and has a great skillset.

Boco: Boco will not breed this time and will have more skills, however i dont have a way to make him mountable as of yet.

Rad - Dark Knight: Rad becomes a full fledged Dark Knight later in the game. Has 4 skills instead of just 2.

Miluda - Cross Knight: This bitch is bad, will she really let go of her stubborn streak long enough to team up with Ramza? hmmm i havent decided yet.

Alicia - Mystic Knight: she will either have elemental sword skills, or in the event that I am able to create spear only skills for izlude, she will become the Divine Knight of the group.

Lavian - Flame Seer: The ultimate fire magic user who has access to the 4 normal fire spells as well as an Oil inducing skill, Melt, Incinerate, and Omegaflare (flare2)

Deis - ?????: She has access to the Four ultimate elemental spells Melt, Tornado, Quake, Flood and might also come with lesser water, wind and earth spells if i don't have another job that uses them.

Zalbag - Arch Knight: His skillks now have no CT and he also has one additional skill "Shock!" from beowulf's original set

Aliste - Templar: Templars are different in this game, they will have some custom sword skills but the "Magic Sword" set based off of oracle skills is no more. Aliste is not ill in this, Beowulf died at his hands, Reis is pissed! well youll see...

Larg - Duke: His job indicates that of the nobility, however his abilities reflect aquired skills gained after an assassination attempt with poison.
Technically a sorceror
----Characters that will not join up for various reasons------
Rafa
Malak
Meliadoul
Beowulf
Holy Dragon Reis
Reis
Orlandu
Byblos
Worker 8 - Worker 8 and Worker 7 are GONE to make way for the Iron giant statue enemy. since they dont have walking animations yet they wont move, none the less they will be quite powerful
----New Enemies-------------------------------------------------
Every normal monster will have a level 4 version maybe even level 5 for some. they will not be recruitable.

Every special job will have a generic version. (will i use all of them? probably not, however, i promise you the that you dont want to walk right in to the middle of the Assassin clans just to name an example.

Assassins: I removed Ultima from their set it doesnt really seem to make sense there. Instead they will have a poison skill that inflicts poison or doom at a 100% chance
Here is a demo of the new skill, of course only the enemy assassins will have access to it:

http://i140.photobucket.com/player.swf? ... lltest.flv

----Other Changes---------------------------
Ramza's special skills, with exception to Scream (which targets only self) and Wish,are all blue magic only and rare.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lydyn

November 06, 2008, 09:27:20 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Sounds spiffy, Zozma! I'm cheerin' ya on!

Vanya

November 06, 2008, 09:29:12 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I second that! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Disco_Peach

November 06, 2008, 10:24:33 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
Greatness!!! Please use Haste2 in your endeavor! I anticipate this greatly!

DarthPaul

November 07, 2008, 09:04:38 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Disco_Peach"Greatness!!! Please use Haste2 in your endeavor! I anticipate this greatly!

ROFB
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

SentinalBlade

November 07, 2008, 11:15:27 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Boco not mountable? have you changed his monster graphic value to that of a chocobo? that is a misgnomer; it is actually Monster ID, not Monster Graphic

Cheetah

November 07, 2008, 01:27:33 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Very awesome Zozma, it sounds like your little personal project is growing greatly. I'm definitely looking forward to this.
Current Projects:

Zozma

November 07, 2008, 06:16:01 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i used the undead oracle, when set as a monster its assigned to be a chocobo.

actually i have never tested it, but someone had told me after i told them how to make a non breeding choco that they couldnt mount it.

anyway, I'm also planning to make it so your characters actually have use of items like antidote, soft, echo grass etc making common enemies use skills all the time. Black goblins now cast poison, (non charge). im thinking of giving most monsters at least one spell

trickstardude7

November 13, 2008, 08:16:46 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
WOAH im excited for this and im guessing you are going to encorporate teta/tietra in this because in your old pics teta is in them all! I hope all goes well!

Zozma

November 13, 2008, 08:47:05 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah she has a much bigger role in the story. and algus barely has any.

ill probably change the name teta to tietra as well even tho i dont like most of the psp translation i find this one okay. because teta means nipple in something like spanish or whatever... and its just weird.

VincentCraven

November 13, 2008, 08:56:10 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "Zozma"Boco: Boco will not breed this time and will have more skills, however i dont have a way to make him mountable as of yet.

You'll have to find a way to flag that special character slot as "Chocobo" but that problem is akin to the "I am a Mime" flag, so we may not figure out how to fix that anytime soon.

Then again, perhaps you already knew that.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

DarthPaul

November 13, 2008, 08:56:25 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Zozma"because teta means nipple in something like spanish or whatever...

Warn me before you make a comment like that now i have Dr. Pepper all over my computer monitor.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

November 13, 2008, 08:57:33 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
haha well i found that out the hard way when i tried to google pictures of "teta".

well anyway. unlike goody 2 shoes alma who was busy studying how to cast a Mbarriers, tietra spent her time learning sorcery. and "wish" is certainly not included there.

it isn't such a big deal to me that boco cant be ridden, the only reason id wanna find out how to make him mountable is for everyone else :P so i havent tried very hard to figure that one out.

DarthPaul

November 13, 2008, 09:06:39 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Why did they give Teta skills anyway, was she supposed to be a larger part of the story?  Like a Delita aid.

Zozma

November 13, 2008, 09:16:47 pm #14 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 09:33:17 pm by Zozma
i have no idea, but her skillset didnt even have the standard RSM. maybe by giving her Cure and Wish they were trying to say she was a low class version of a Cleric? i really have no idea. just as it makes no sense to me that her sprite was not complete when it was in a battle, while charcters that wouldnt have had any chance of ever appearing in a fight (like goltana and larg) are 100% complete.

She's not the only big twist in the storyline tho.

DarthPaul

November 13, 2008, 09:30:37 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Maybe they knew this community would be made and thought up problems and suprises for us *slaps self* who knows.

Zozma

November 13, 2008, 09:34:23 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
well thankfully they completed many of the npc sprites by 100% now they can be used for story battles and not just events

DarthPaul

November 13, 2008, 11:21:08 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Luck of the draw I guess.

Zozma

November 18, 2008, 03:33:12 pm #18 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:15:18 pm by Zozma
i might end up using blansh and bolmna as well since they have sprites now. where id fit them in tho who knows. I guess if i decide to do away with "mediator" as a job, then characters like that could have talk skills... i mean.. that IS what they do right.

also i found a way to make EVERY skill that Ramza has special into blue magic. its easy for the ones that can target others, like "Yell" but for "scream" i had to get creative since it can only target self. if you Make a weapon randomly cast it, it will hit the target and not the weapon user... SO im thinking i can make a dupe of a weapon that randomly casts it. this will give Ramza 1 and only 1 battle to get this skill.

You'll have to be careful in my patch and keep an eye out for anyone that uses his skills. Ultima is not the only skill that can be missed. Everything besides the standard squire skills can only be learned in rare occasions. And btw assassins don't have ultima.

alright new boss added Dycedarg's Elder Brother. when you encounter him u better be prepared thats all ive gotta say.

Zozma

November 18, 2008, 03:55:41 pm #19 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:22:37 pm by Zozma
(this is a chapter 4 battle)
Dycedarg's Elder Brother

Job: Swordmaster
Skillset: Sword Mastery

Stats: Orlandu+

-Equipment-
RHand: Ragnarok
LHand: Escutcheon2
Head: ?????
Body: Adamantine Armor
Accessory: ?????

Reaction: Hamedo
Support: ?????
Movement: Move+2

Innate: Maintinance
Innate: Damage Split

suggestions for making him harder anyone?