• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:53:41 am

AI won't use a custom skill

Started by Dome, April 01, 2012, 01:41:39 pm

Dome

I created an enemy with only 1 skill: It targets all the enemies (So, your party) and resets their CT to 0
No mp cost, no charge time
The AI simply refuses to use it
Any way to force it to?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xifanie

the random hits flag (AI behavior section)
It will force to use the skill every so and then
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

formerdeathcorps

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Glain

The obvious things that come to mind are that you need to set the "Used by AI" flag (so the AI will use the ability if it's learned), and then make it cost 0 JP, and set the Chance to Learn to 100% (so the AI will learn the ability).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

Take a screen shot of your the skill in the Patcher so we can see the Flags for it
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Eternal

The AI's kind of random about using CT00 skills anyways.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

The skill I edited is Modball virus

formerdeathcorps

CT00 is not a status.  You need to flag Stats.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pride

What FDC said and I believe you could also try to trick the AI and flag HP Damage making it think its targeting all units for HP Damage... Dunno if it actually works though
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Glain

Hit Caster might also be a problem, since you can't target it away from the caster, but not sure, since you have the "Only Hits Enemies" flag checked on the side.

In theory, since this formula is affected by faith, you could tell the AI that by flagging the box under "Random Hits", but I'm not sure it would help.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

Thanks guys, now the skill works properly!