• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:36:09 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Dol

My sound card decided to switch settings on its own and create some unhappy pops in these videos.  I wiped the mic sound completely from the first video (just music), but I dont think it was bad enough in the others to necessitate that.  I apologize in advance.  Fair warning, there might be a few pops here and there in the rest of them.  The problem has been corrected for future videos.

FFT Arena Scrim - FDC (Heresy) vs Angelus

FFT Arena Scrim - Dacheat vs Mucus part 1 & part 2

FFT Arena Scrim - Dynablade vs Barren (Big Assault) part 1 & part 2

FFT Arena Scrim - Im BQB vs CT5Holy (Axe Funsies)

dacheat

I've never seen the AI pre-cast a spells like at ~2:40 in game one, and ~1:20 in game two. Smart moves though. :D

I'm pretty happy with how my team performed in these matches.

Also, I hate Paladins. Tanky little bastards. >:-|

Thanks for the videos Dol. :D

iamBQB

I'm not sure entirely what the chances of those status effects landing was, but it seems as if I was quite lucky in this match. In any drawn out fight I imagine my team is very vulnerable to teams that rely on status effects.

dacheat: You would land another super tanky team for an opponent   :P Still your team seems to be able to handle them well enough, kind of curious how it would fair against another team type.

I think I'm going to hold off editing again until I see another match or two.

formerdeathcorps

April 19, 2012, 05:13:30 am #1343 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:31:55 am by formerdeathcorps
FDC v. Mucus
FDC v. Dynablade

Sorry about the noise in the second half of the second video.  My friend and I were making dinner while the neighbor apparently was hearing me through the wall.  As a result, my commentary was more scatterbrained than normal.

Dynablade, given all the ruckus around me, I didn't correctly conclude why you lost that second match. Looking back on it, it probably is because your Archer wasted time on Weapon Break rather than an attack.  Like I said, Weapon Break is rarely used and usually used on Charmed, Charging, and Sleeping enemies.  It's counterproductive to use that on charging mage when you can get a 1HKO.  It's also fairly dumb to use it on a charmed unit since you want a charmed physical unit to beat up his allies.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dynablade

Weapon Break is dumb, axed. Mage can't do shit, think that Faith Rod is coming off since it just makes her a lightning rod for spells. Quint NEEDS a way to revive people, flat out. Chemist is..okay? She can't do damage, but she really isn't supposed to. A better movement ability for her and the archer incoming, Move MP/HP Up respectively will probably do the trick.

But this is a good thing, every battle I'm having to change less and less to make the AI do what I want. Here it's equipment and a few abilities that shouldn't be too hard to find the JP room for.
I know it can be a little crazy, Quint is really really hard to take down so that makes matches drag on much longer than they should, to that I say I'm gonna fix him to the point where he's either going to die quicker or be able to actually do stuff when he's the last guy left.

As always, thanks for the upload.

Barren

April 19, 2012, 09:47:50 am #1345 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:10:46 am by Barren
Good fight you put up Dyna. Your paladin was much improved since I first seen him and your archer hits harder than mine naturally. Just the amount of damage your units took within minutes unfortunately your team couldn't come back from. But still you held your own. GG Dynablade

also note to mucus i put the dragon rod on your male wizard on his left hand just for shits and giggles as your team is left handed. hope you don't mind :P (I did put it back where it was later)

FFT Arena Season One Exhibition dacheat (Lightswitch Ravers v2) vs Shade

FFT Arena Season One Exhibition iamBQB (The Light Brigade) vs Dol (Annoying III)

FFT Arena Season One Exhibition mucus (2x2) vs True Light (Last Hope)

FFT Arena Season One Exhibition Leif1991 (Shades of Green) vs Angelus (Odd Balls)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Angelus

Holy Shit mate that was long! After seeing this I'm convinced that this team can win.

That was a good fight mate! My axe swinging samurai is not to be taken lightly

dacheat

April 19, 2012, 03:31:47 pm #1347 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:09:25 pm by dacheat
Wow, that was an awesome comeback in game 1. The team showed a lot of grit not giving up. :P

I'm not sure why we never revived the monk, but it worked out I guess. I'm really liking the way that this team is working. Pretty balanced on offense and defense, and even if the monk isn't doing much damage he's healing the team's HP and MP with chakra.

Another great comeback by Dol thanks to a timely petrify proc. Dol's team definitely lived up to its name of "annoying".

Thanks for the vids Barren! :D

TrueLight

Those Paladins sure are tanky o.o I thought I was going to lose round 2 for sure because of frog/petrify, but my Thief decided to save the day. Good match Mucus! :D
  • Modding version: PSX

iamBQB

Speak of the devil and he'll turn you into a zombie and murder your ass. I kind of thought this would be the result of a status effect styled team. I made some small changes to my team to hopefully better handle that kind of situation in the future. GG Dol.

Barren

Wiz

FFT Arena Season One AI Tournament Practice Match #8 Barren (Big Assault) vs Leif1991 (Shades of Green)

JC, Big Assault's quite the popular team to combat against isn't it?

No matter, was planning on putting up two more matches along with this, but stupid technical difficulties kept on getting in the way of making it (i.e. Camtasia froze at least a half a dozen times on me when editing).

Still uploading with ~13 min to go and has yet to process so give it a good hour (6:49 AM CST) and it should be up by then for sure.

In the meantime, I'm getting some sleep

Barren

Good back and forth match Leif. Your berserk procs is what got me in the end mostly. Not much I could do about that but my team will always put up a good fight no matter what the odds. GG Leif. And good luck in the tournament

Leif1991

That was epic, that's all I have to say. GG Barren!
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Dol

I'm headed to visit family over the weekend.  I'll run some more matches on Sunday hopefully.  8 days to go :)

Fanatic

I'd like to practice up on my commentary a little this weekend (and double check to see if I have any issues making vids). If anyone wants help, just PM me a matchup you want to see, anytime this weekend, and I'll get a match done ASAP (but not until Saturday evening at the earliest).
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Leif1991

Also, in my match, my Squire and Chemist bugged out and completely disappeared! What was that about?
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Fanatic

Dacheat (Lightswitch Ravers) vs Dol (Annoying III)

I have been trying different configs with my mics. Audio will get better. Looks I ddin't line up Cam Studio correctly in the first vid, doh.

Three other matches are recorded, two need editing, but all three will have to wait until I get a little bit of sleep.
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Taichii

goodgame boss celdia and mucus XD
i really can't beat thy king XDD all hail fdc! XD

barren XD please change katsura's name to leny-->
and lenny the samurai to Rai XD
thanks...

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"