• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:58:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Time Warp

Started by Xifanie, August 04, 2010, 10:24:43 am

Bastard Poetry

Quote from: "Asmo X"Hey "new guy" I'm not accusing you of being a Bastard Poetry parachute account but you sure as hell sound like one. Anyway, thanks for stopping by, now kindly leave forever.

I don't have an alt account here, Asmox. It's flattering to know that anything that confuses you immediately makes you think of me, though <3

Yeah, yeah, I know.. "Shut the fuck up and die a slow and painful death, BP." Gotcha. Saved you a response post.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

puppyhakase

Quote from: "Asmo X"Hey "new guy" I'm not accusing you of being a Bastard Poetry parachute account but you sure as hell sound like one. Anyway, thanks for stopping by, now kindly leave forever.

Well, if this is the sort of treatment a newcomer to the foray experiences, perhaps it's no wonder the community stagnates as such. Not to make slanderous or misappropriated accusations, but an inbred population which rejects all foreign influence is doomed to succumb to impotence, as is made evident by the members of this one clawing at eachothers' throats.

I understand your lack of magnanimity due to my previous post being quite the proverbial "slap to the face" routine, but please don't confuse my attempts as one to undermine what you all have done.

I have nothing but respect for a group of peoples who can become united towards a common end, but I also harbor nothing but contempt for a group of people who can't keep a common end in perspective and squabble with eachother like a bunch of children.

I posted in an attempt to put into perspective what I can see from my point of view as an outsider; an unbiased personage, I should say. Frankly, having never spoken to any of you directly, I can't say I know any of you more than at a suppositional glance of grammatical patterns.

But my wanton generalizations won't become less true just because you don't like the words that represent them.

I can only assume that you were all friendly at some point. Couldn't you, for the sake of the project, lay down your sharp tongues and be a bit more amicable? Don't seek to have your ego stroked because your pride was hurt when nobody gave you a cookie, but by the same token give credit where it is due and don't be selfish about the collaborative efforts of... how long did Zodiac say? Three years?

Petty differences should not hold so much sway over a group of talented people. Don't invent enemies within just because there is no common enemy without...

Novalis

"Fraid not. he made a mess of things"

Now that he's gone you can go back to accomplishing nothing again!

I love this forum because everybody acts like they hate each other.

philsov

I love this forum because apparently quote tags are disabled.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

GeneralStrife

Anyone who posts after me is now homo, hopefully that will end this.

Asmo X

Quote from: "puppyhakase"I posted in an attempt to put into perspective what I can see from my point of view as an outsider; an unbiased personage, I should say. Frankly, having never spoken to any of you directly, I can't say I know any of you more than at a suppositional glance of grammatical patterns.

Then shut the fuck up. You aren't in a position to comment on anything.

BP dude, I don't want you die. I want you to channel all that generic indignation you have into post that can actually be understood.

Also, I'm a homo.

Kaijyuu

QuoteI love this forum because everybody acts like they hate each other. \
Me too. Some take it seriously and screw it all up, though.

I'm not a homo, but it'd be cool if I was.
  • Modding version: PSX

Furry_Fan

Ok, after seeing this thread  for a while I decided I had to say something regardless of whether anyone cares what I have to say or not, or whether Asmo thinks I have a place to say something or not.

I understand why Archeal was banned, and can understand Zodiacs reasoning for doing so, But I just have to say what I have to say and be done with it.

@  Kaijyuu:  Are you SERIOUS the artist doesn't matter, I am sorry but I beg to differ.  The artist, and there talents do matter quite a bit, that is why we learn about who made the art and we wonder about THERE meaning, and why THEY drew it.  I didn't go to art appreciation and learn about the artists themselves because there so unimportant.  Furthermore I am not saying that Archeal is god, or Leonardo DiVinchi, but still the comment about only the art mattering is just preposterous.

@Zoz: really, I know you are a good spriter, and u attempted to make some sort of patch which I wanted to see ,but know will never get done, but seriously why come here and act like a douche bag just to do it.  Your remarks are pretty much trolling, and I see no reason for it.  If you don't like Archeal fine but you don't need to come here and act like a jerk just to make it worse.

@Asmo: From what I have seen from a lot of you're posts you are very blunt and insulting, and not just here in this thread.  I don't know if its because you think you are better than everyone else or what, but seriously chill out.  

@Zodiac: I understand why you banned archeal but I am not here to bitch about his being banned but I just wish to state how I feel personally about the attitude of the people during this "incident"

I really, truly, can understand why Archeal wants to leave.  When I first read the post he was banned I was shocked and extremely upset over it.  I personally like Archeal what he has helped with in 1.3, and I just like him as a person, hes fun, and made the AI Tournament spectacular, his videos, as well as his effort he put into making something that I truly loved since I was a child even better.  I understand he was part of a 1.3 team, but he was still a part of it, and It makes me extremely upset that, people who he has known for years on a more personal level than I ever could.  Care less about him than I do, really since this happened Zoz came here mocking him, Asmo is still ever insulting, and everyone elses comments just equate to well bai it was fun.  That is total bullshit!  You all have known him for years, and no one really gives a shit at all?

Before anyone says "But it is his choice" well yea it is, and I can see why, if it took this long for people of a community that I knew for a while not to give a shit I would leave as well.  

With that said, really I will miss Archeal a lot, and I hope that he decides to come back, because really I care immensely that hes not coming back, and now since no one really cares I guess I will be the only one who hopes that he returns, because he and 1.3 make me happy.  So yeah I miss you Archeal.

GeneralStrife

Fuck off of zozma, real life comes before a final fantasy tactics patch, all he said was he made a mess of things, that pretty much explains deleting part of a forum

Kaijyuu

August 08, 2010, 08:50:13 pm #50 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:31:49 pm by Kaijyuu
Quote@ Kaijyuu: Are you SERIOUS the artist doesn't matter, I am sorry but I beg to differ. The artist, and there talents do matter quite a bit, that is why we learn about who made the art and we wonder about THERE meaning, and why THEY drew it. I didn't go to art appreciation and learn about the artists themselves because there so unimportant. Furthermore I am not saying that Archeal is St. Ajora, or Leonardo DiVinchi, but still the comment about only the art mattering is just preposterous.
If you like the people behind the art, great. All I'm saying is any recognition the art itself gets is recognition the artist gets, and they shouldn't expect more than that. Essentially, "I produced something awesome and people know it but no one respects me for it" is a non-sequitur; if it is agreed that they produced something awesome, then they got the respect.*

Anytime an artist shouts out an equivalent of "respect meeeeee!" I can be (almost) certain what they produce is crap. Exceptions are out there, of course... creative people tend to be eccentric.

*EDIT: Emphasis on "it is agreed THEY produced something awesome". People have a right to complain if they get 0 recognition for their work. The problem is when they got their due recognition and are demanding more.

ffta707

First: I didn't bother to read any of puppyhakase's posts, because he's been on the site for a mere five minutes.

Second: I'm not going to post my ideas on this subject, because it will nor make it better or worse. Their is split opinions on this, and posting your idea, one side or the other will not make it any better or any worse. So on that note, I will not post my side of things.

Third: The thing really itching me, is the post by Furry_Fan. Dude, you have 25 posts, which means you have not even been active on the site. You have absolutely no right to come on here, and degrade the site by cutting down 3 site veterans, who have 900 + posts, being on the site for more than a year, or two. I'm not saying the amount of posts matter, but YOU shouldn't be telling asmo what he is. Because frankly, asmo doesn't give a shit. Asmo is asmo, and a post from you won't change shit, because he probably didn't even read it.

The banning of one person made everyone turn on each other. We have worked as a community for too long. We are all friends, and should not be affected by the by the banning of one person.

The sited is united. Remix may have taken a dive, but it's not quite dead. Mercenaries is back together, and I've seen every one of you who posted in this forum post on that thread. IA is going steady (Sort of). We have all contributed. Hell, 1.3 couldn't have been made without the incredible skills of our programmers. Think about melon heads patcher, and shishi's. Also, what about the event compiler/ decompiler by zodiac. This is in fact a community, and you can't look up fft on youtube without finding a video directing towards this site.

So this is a chance to reunite, and learn. This may not mean anything, and I'm not trying to be some "hero" here, but come on.

Archael

August 08, 2010, 11:09:35 pm #52 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:18:42 pm by Archael
Hey, "ffta707":

1. 900 + posts is nothing
2. His 25 posts / the other guy whose been here 5 minutes have the same level of irrelevance as you according to your own logic. How many do you have? 170 posts? C'mon, that "your opinion weighs as much as the amount of posts you have" argument is pathetic.
3. Remix is VERY dead
4. This site is not united
5. You have no clue what you're talking about, yet you are telling others that they don't have a clue, when in reality, you have as much or less of a clue than they do, although [TIME MACHINE] IF THEN ELSE ----> EXPLOSION
6. You're right, your post doesn't mean anything

the irony of it all is astounding, please stop weighing in

Xifanie

You haven't answered my question. What about KoI?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

ffta707

Ok. I'm just trying to help. I Never did anything to you. I always liked you. That's why I haven't cut you down yet. I KNOW I ONLY HAVE 170 POSTS. That's why I don't go around cutting down asmo, and others. I Don't cut others down, I just get mad when they think they can cut down my friends on the site. I did not want this to happen, I didn't want to get involved for this reason. And I'm done posting. I'll weigh in all I want, because Zozma and asmo have helped me a ton, and I want to stand up for them. Besides, my opinion was very mild compared to other ones.

LastingDawn

Really, I'm angry at you for taking out your anger on a Whole Project. Taking Days of my work along with it, what were you aiming to accomplish? To dismantle the project? That is what it looks like you were trying, from where I'm standing. You haven't apologized and because of that it shows that your consuming and abrasive ego has not diminished in the least. Apologize and bygones will be bygones (at least from me). Doing so will show me that there is At Least a spark of the old you left. I may have said some things in anger and haste and for that I apologize. Though now it is your turn.

Apologize to all of those whose work you attempted to bring down, whether a mistake in your choosing or not, or whose hand was in the threads you deleted.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

LD, information on a project that won't get finished in the first place is lost already, wasted. For an example of what I'm talking about, open the "FFT REMIX" forum. Effort that won't go anywhere, and just idles there, amounting to nothing. (Like 75% of everything we do here)

It doesn't matter if the thread is lost forever or restored, it was useless all along.

Besides I'm sure you can think up a random generic uninspired storyline (or whatever it is you lost) in 5 minutes, just like you did before.

I think I hear Cendamos nearby...

LastingDawn

Alright, I offer my hand in peace and instead you slap my face. I see how it is and I'm sure the rest of the community does now too.

Let this be a show to anyone who wishes to further assist him. He appreciates no ones work but his own.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

I'm not asking for anyone's assistance, I no longer work here.

I meant what I said in the previous post. You didn't lose anything of value, nor ever will when referring to projects like the one you were concerned about. Threads lost in projects that are going nowhere are lost already.

If you want, I can build you a bridge so you can get over it.

Xifanie

I'm locking this; bye arch.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful