• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

First Impressions/Questions

Started by fin7710, April 06, 2013, 10:52:05 am

kyozo22

Ah good ok, cheers. will just grind away till its mastered then - cheers.
  • Modding version: WotL

MountainDew~

I just meant the first like 3 missions. It's not too big of a deal, obviously, it's finish-able. Unfortunately I haven't had time to play past the mission I was at, so I can'tsay how awesome the rest of this is :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Devreckas

I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the beginning of an awesome game!  I loved it!

I'll admit that I've never played Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Solid so there were probably a few inside jokes I didn't get but the characters' dialogue and abilities seemed true to their origins.  And having such a diverse skill sets yet keeping them all relevant and balanced must have been tricky, but you really pulled it off! 

The only one I had trouble playing with was Snake, but I think the issue for me was he has really weak initial skills.  I wound up using him (and partially Ramza) to explore the other new jobs types.  But looking at his other abilities, I can tell that if you grind and get to some of his better skills he can become a really strong support unit.

The difficulty level was great too!  Not impossibly hard like 1.3 or something, but I thought it was up from the original game (especially Ganandorf, thank God for Climhazzard).  The new enemies are cool and different. 

This is nothing new, since it could act pretty broken in vanilla, but I thought parts of the AI were a lil wonky.  This was especially noticeable with the werewolves: they would sit back and buff with brave up, attack up, haste, until they could OHK my entire team, but they never do.  I would just hide in the corner of the map while I took them out 1-by-1 at long range.  And Agrias seemed less than helpful a lot of the time too.  These are just observations, I'm not sure how much control you have over AI priorities.

One thing I noticed was that with all the 5 in the Ganandorf fight, there was still room for one more unit... was this intentional?

Anyways, just thought you guys would like some feedback!  Great job and I look forward to Chapter 2!