• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:21:06 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Linux alternatives to CD Mage or cdprog?

Started by nitwit, July 05, 2016, 08:55:14 am

nitwit

They won't work with every version of wine I installed, and I can't get wine to compile.

Guru

Not sure I just installed Linux on my new system, so I don't know too many programs on it yet. I tried googling it real quick and didn't see anything on a quick glance, but I'm sure there is an alternative program out there somewhere.

You could install a virtual machine with windows on it and just run it on there.

Kurosabes

Possibly ISOMaster, although I'm just going from an answer I've read on another site.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

nitwit

I found one but it needs an ISO, and I'm having trouble finding an ISO or finding a free program on linux to convert them.

I just ordered a game CD on amazon, it will be here on the 11th.

Xifanie

July 08, 2016, 11:59:52 am #4 Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:15:17 pm by Xifanie
...you know that M2/2352 CDs are all stored the same way whether they're .ISO, .BIN./.cue and .IMG, right? Just renaming your FFT Image file to .iso should do the trick. If it doesn't, that's one hell of a picky program.

EDIT: You can just mount a .BIN and rip an .ISO if it doesn't work
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful