• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:38:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

UNIT/WLDFACE/EVTFACE Files

Started by Elric, June 02, 2013, 03:21:30 am

Elric

June 02, 2013, 03:21:30 am Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:59:37 am by Elric
Since there are a few of these that many people still have not seen, I figured I would catalog them here.
This is the entirety of these 3 files, that can be seen in FFTEVGRP, I'm also using the version of EVGRP from
the JP Tools pack, which can access EVTFACE, unlike the current tool we have here.

Also to note, these will not be displayed:
In UNIT 18-3D are Generics / 3E-50 are Monsters
In WLDFACE 19-3E are Generics / 3F-51 are Monsters / 61-70 + 9D-9F are Unused

UNIT.BIN

• Modding version: PSX

Elric

UNIT.BIN CONTINUED

Elric

June 02, 2013, 03:24:43 am #2 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:05:37 am by Elric
WLDFACE.BIN

Elric

WLDFACE CONTINUED

Elric

WLDFACE CONTINUED

Elric

WLDFACE CONTINUED

Elric

WLDFACE CONTINUED

Elric

WLDFACE CONTINUED

Elric

EVTFACE

Note, there are a lot of repeats in the EVTFACE file, particularly of Balbanes.

Elric

EVTFACE CONTINUED

Elric

EVTFACE CONTINUED

Elric

EVTFACE CONTINUED

SilverRegret

June 04, 2013, 09:41:12 am #12 Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:52:09 am by SilverRegret
just want to add something i found on WOTL ISO
UNIT.BIN sprite 08 linked with WLDFACE.BIN potrait 08 and have in battle sprite of malak titled MARA (if im not mistaken) on shishi editor
UNIT.BIN sprite 0B linked with WLDFACE.BIN potrait 0B and in battle sprite of alma titled GYUMU on shishi editor

Timbo

What are the EVTFACE files used for?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Elric

Lockeadon

damn that's alot o.o nice to have them in one place. not sure if this is the place to ask, but how many of those are actually workable for use?

theultrawolf

Nice necrobump. And I don't get what you mean by "workable". You could technically use any of the faces in the EVTFACE.bin file if you set the x-- coordinates for them when you're modifying events and the WLDFACE and UNIT bins contain all the default formation/Brave Story portraits/sprites that you can access in FFTEVGRP. For that matter, you can also access EVTFACE.bin in the JP Tools version of FFTEVGRP.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Lockeadon

i mean, which sprites have complete sheets and therefore can be used without further ado? obviously every has workable portrait. it's also to know which sprites need to be switched or modified before use.

Jumza

It doesn't really matter which ones have sprites and which ones don't (thankfully!) because you can a) edit these, b) edit the sprites and most importantly c) edit which unit (sprite) corresponds to which entry of unit / wldface.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.