• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:35:06 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

7 portraits in 7 days

Started by Lijj, January 28, 2013, 08:01:50 pm

MiKeMiTchi

Kaedre, you know what? I'd use that fo something cool, too. Jot5 peeps would know for sure. The unique eyes looks vile. You broke one rule, though. I can see a nose!

Well that's just fine, bec. it's placed nicely.

@phil
Of course!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kaedre

Well, if you really like it, i have a sprite for this portrait.
It is an old unfinished project, and you will see that the head is a little diferent, but i think you can use it like a start point.

Maybe you are thinking in a totally different concept for this. In that case you can ignore me, i only try to help you, not to influence you.

P.S: How  this space is only for portraits, i posted the sprite in my thread.

Lijj

I have to say that dark priest is really interesting Kaedre. I saw the sprite too and it's awesome. Scary looking!

Philippe: Welcome to FFH! So glad you came here for this; I'd be more than honored to see a port or 7 from you! The more the merrier. Nice avatar!

Kagebunji: Not sure the idea floated in my head for a few days before this.. You should kick us down a couple portraits :p
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

This is one interesting project Lijj and great job so far both of you, Lijj & Mike. Keep it up and I'll definitely be looking forward.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

Thanks a lot Jimmy you should join us too, even if you just do a couple it would be great... no one has to do 7. I just set that bar for myself.. I might do more than 7 actually :p.

philippejugnet

so I'll be the official league of legend portrait creator!
EZREAL!

edit:
ty Lijj!!!!!!

Lijj

Whoa! That's really good for a first attempt in this style. Not perfect but if you do a couple more I think you'll be grasping the style perfectly.
Thanks a ton for contributing.
This is Phil-J from Pixel-J :p, check out his pixel art:http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/35277.htm

jimmyjw88

Lijj ~ Haha. I shall try my best.
philippejugnet ~ Ah, a member of Pixeljoint. Great! I've been lurking around there for quite sometime. I think I'll try get a piece of art there for some crit if possible. Haha. And yes, what Lijj said. You grasped the style well. Some refine here and there and you're done.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Jumza

Yay League of Legends! <3
That is so awesome...
So is everything else people have done so far! Keep up the good work guys :)
I might submit something myself if I get around to it...
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Lijj

January 30, 2013, 03:33:02 am #29 Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:47:31 am by Lijj
Great, I hope both you two post work!   Pixel Joint is like school for pixel art almost.

Oh man Philippe, if you saw my 1st attempt I know you'd laugh. I didn't even know what pixel art was really.

Alright Day 2; put in a long session this evening:
      &     
(edited Splinter)

Lijj

Also a little edit of Samus. I just pushed her up so more yellow shows and it breaks the monotony a little I think.

Dome

I <3 this topic
Keep up the good work guys!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Lijj

January 31, 2013, 03:21:50 am #32 Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:59:51 am by Lijj
day 3:

Reks (updated):

Reks

Lijj, you are a divine entity.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Twinees

January 31, 2013, 09:03:02 am #34 Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:09:00 am by Twinees
Lijj asked me to join in but im pretty sure I wont have time to do 7. This one took me several hours to do :'(.

Its Fran from FFXII (14 colours~).

Heres the old Japanese portrait someone made for comparison:

Edit: Also, Lijj I freaking love that Leonardo haha, so cool.
And Phillipe, welcome to FFH :), I love a lot of your work on PJ.

Mobius

January 31, 2013, 12:11:02 pm #35 Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:23:35 pm by Mobius
Quote from: Twinees on January 31, 2013, 09:03:02 am
Lijj asked me to join in but im pretty sure I wont have time to do 7. This one took me several hours to do :'(.

Its Fran from FFXII (14 colours~).

Heres the old Japanese portrait someone made for comparison:

Edit: Also, Lijj I freaking love that Leonardo haha, so cool.
And Phillipe, welcome to FFH :), I love a lot of your work on PJ.

This is beautiful.

I think I want to join this now, this awakened the inner spriter in me today.
I don't think I'll make 7, but maybe 2 or 3. Depends how fast I go.

My hackticians
Let's give some life to this board
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Celdia

That's an amazing improvement, Twin.

Quote from: Mobius on January 31, 2013, 12:11:02 pm
Let's give some life to this board

Aye, things have been quiet here for far too long.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

I will try doing some stuff too I guess.

Zeiss from Fire Emblem. I gotta admit the palette was a bitch here, I had to drop two skin colors to fit in purples :o
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

January 31, 2013, 04:32:49 pm #38 Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:37:06 am by Lijj
Wehell~ what a glorious surprise. Three joined!
I think Phillipe will do one more too (but he just started school today or something).

Hopefully MikeMitchi will donate another too.

Reks: I'm very glad you like it! It was a good challenge for me. Also you posted the perfect reference pics haha. almost perfect lighting and angle.

Twinees: I knew your Fran would blow the Japanese one out of the water, or even the primordial stew/ tar Twin! It really turned out great. Thanks for the compliment on Leo.. Both Leonardo and Splinter are 14 colors as well. Splinter could have easily been done with 11-12 colors even; I was liberal by giving him a separate reds for nose and ears. [see, I told you; if you posted it would inspire more to join :p] The helmet turned out really nice. I like the angle/orientation of the portrait a lot as well.

MÖB!: Glad you are going to do something; even if you just did 1 I'd be elated. Yes, let us give this section life.

Kage: Thanks for posting! Looks great. I can see how squeezing in all those colors would be a challenge.. I barely made it with 16 on Raven for similar reasons; but this one looks even more difficult palette-wise.

Thanks a lot for posting!

Now I just need to come up with a good couple subjects to do next.

Jumza

If you don't know what you want to do next, allow me to make a suggestion...

Nessiah the Blind Prophet from Yggdra / Blaze Union!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.