• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:02:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

7 portraits in 7 days

Started by Lijj, January 28, 2013, 08:01:50 pm

Lijj

January 28, 2013, 08:01:50 pm Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:14:41 am by Lijj
Starting tonight I will begin this venture. I have a little bit of work to do but I should have time tonight to begin.

I also thought it might be nice if a couple bold folks with some free time would join me.. If there were 4 or more of us doing a port a day for 7 days we'd have a stockpile of new ports in little time.

Update: This is what we managed to all do:
  • Modding version: PSX

MiKeMiTchi

Cool, with this we could add more ports to our Portrait reference sheet. I'll gladly contribute. ;)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Reks

USELESS IDEA THAT WON'T EVER BE DONE

Ports of some of us on FFH?

Like we take a picture or something, then try to make it like an FFT port.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

MiKeMiTchi

(My) Day 1 Mix and Match attempt~

Lijj

Time thief! I like this concept. "Time Thief; the ultimate JOB" (since that's what jobs do is steal your time) :p That looks great.. and that was fast!
Thank you for joining MikeMitchi; Now I just finished my day-job for the day and you've given me the extra push I needed. Time to begin. At the end of a week's time I'll update the 1st post with all the creations this generates \o/

Reks: you could certainly post a pic; I'd rather do that than chars from other games/ stories etc. personally I definitely want to mix up the subjects.

All: The more ports the merrier! Join us

GeneralStrife

January 28, 2013, 10:19:09 pm #5 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:47:02 am by GeneralStrife
Lijj you should do Raven for GREAT JUSTICE! I have gotten decent at spriting but I know for a fact and will admit it i suck ass at portraits. I'd complete the sprite if she got a good port

MiKeMiTchi

Celdia

Lijj, maybe you could do ports of a few of the concepts that were entered into the spriting competition.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

January 29, 2013, 01:36:44 am #8 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:18:07 am by Lijj
Good idea. I didn't even think about it despite just looking at that thread recently again. I probably will do a couple from there.
GS: Your wish is my command..
GS/All: Try to keep all reference pics in spoilers!

Well, here's Day one for me; Raven was a fun subject since I've never used quite a palette:

GeneralStrife

January 29, 2013, 02:35:01 am #9 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:47:48 am by GeneralStrife
:O
It's really nice. I knew all the colors would be an issue, but the portrait itself is really nice. Thanks Lijj.

I'll start work back on the sheet. Gonna make it my avatar with how her skin tone really is. Doubt We'll be able to get it like that in game though because of the difference from her skin and hair..

Reks

January 29, 2013, 02:55:09 am #10 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:42:32 pm by Reks
Well, since i've no idea what anyone else looks like..... I'll use me. And to make it work, if anyone'd wanna use the port in a sprite, if you don't wanna include my shirt and coat in it, then whatever is easiest for you.

Assuming you use me as reference anyway.

Both with, and without my glasses.

With:

Without:
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Lijj

January 29, 2013, 03:23:44 am #11 Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:53:14 am by Lijj
Yeah GS, I had to make the skin more pinkish to blend and share the colors a bit. The ref pic MikeMitchi linked has skin close to it too. I never saw that cartoon.
EDIT: Here is a 16 color version, more off-white pale:

Lijj

MiKeMiTchi

WHAT WICKCOOLNFANTAWESOMG WAS DAT. AwesomEST port I've seen for a long while.
I bet Twin would be glad to see that. ;)

The skin tone you used on Raven fits great, Lijj.
I tweaked Raven's chin and jaw a bit. What do you think? Note that the colors are disorganized on this one. Leave it if you think it's less better.

Lijj

I like the shape on that a lot better MikeMitchi; thanks a lot for doing that. Can you post the small one too?
Glad you like Samus :D I'm pretty stoked cause I just finished it, but now I have to go to bed and I ate a little too much candy.

Kagebunji

This is a pretty nice project, Lijj. Where did you get the inspiration for this from?

Samus looks pretty cool, I guess you could add some shapes(kinda like Worker 8 has), since now it consists of highlights going to darkest colors. I guess take some sleep beforehand though, heh.

Anyway, looking forward to see what you come up with in the upcoming days man.

philippejugnet

can I help you out?
"I also thought it might be nice if a couple bold folks with some free time would join me.. "
:D folks!

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

GeneralStrife

Good job lijj/mike, looks great. Now the pressure is on me! :D

Kaedre

Wonderful work, guys!
I admire your talent and motivation to fulfil projects like these.
I am not spriting right now, but how the objetive on this issue is to compile some new portraits, i want to contribute with and old one of mine.
Its not a very good work, but at least you can understand the concept.