• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:49:30 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Portrait reference sheet

Started by Lijj, March 04, 2012, 10:45:26 am

Mobius

How about..

Pick a large PNG workspace, take the mega-ref there, have as much freedom and colors as you'd like, do your portrait, fix the colors without worry to 16, and after all of that is done you make the 16 color WLDFACE file separate.

For example, I have a large single file in which I do all my stuff. It measures like 1200x6000 or something.. When work's done, make separate small files with the restrictions for whatever programs they'll be for.

Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Elric

August 25, 2013, 01:37:36 pm #21 Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:17:10 pm by Elric
That's not what hes asking Smash.

There is a way to convert to the 16 color palette in Graphics Gale after cutting the port out of the Master Reference Sheet.

I will post it once I get out of work.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Thanks Elric. I don't use Graphics Gale ever really unless I'm putting a portrait and it's palette into a spritesheet following Mav's old tutorial.

Elric

No problem Lijjster.

@ soxbaseball0328

1. Download the megaref.png
2. Open in MSPaint or whatever, and select the port you want to use, copy it.
3. Open GraphicsGale
4. At the top Click Edit, Paste New Image (not paste)
5. With the image selected, click the All Frames tab at the top, then click on Color Depth...
6. In the Color Depth window, make sure it is set to TypeA, and under format 8bpp (256 Colors) <- This is usually already preset.
7. Hit Ok
8. Now if you look at the Palette it will be the proper 16 colors.

IF you are trying to use this to make a WLDFACE, (Dunno why since Celdia made a tutorial for doing it a much easier way) you will need to now SAVE the picture with the proper palette. Then open the WLDFACE image you want to replace, load the palette of the Image you just saved, and copy that palette to the WLDFACE image (make sure that "Match pixels with colors" is selected for Ports!) After you've done this, THEN you can copy/paste your picture from the Megaref over the WLDFACE image and reimport.

For a better explanation of this, see Celdia's Formation Sprite Tutorial HERE.

Never try to make your own WLDFACE images, it will give you much more success to just copy over an existing one, since it is incredibly picky when it comes to reimporting.

Hope this helps!

Choto

||||||||||||||||!

I can't see the sheet anymore in the OP, does it still exist where you hosted it?

Luckily, I saved it on my comp but just wanted to point out that it borked.

Lijj

Quote from: Choto on April 03, 2014, 11:05:49 am
||||||||||||||||!

I can't see the sheet anymore in the OP, does it still exist where you hosted it?

Luckily, I saved it on my comp but just wanted to point out that it borked.

:lol: odd. Thanks for pointing it out I'll re upload it. We should add more of the ports to it. I'll do it when I get back from a short trip I'm leaving for later today. (bb in a couple weeks) If I can get permission from everyone I'll add all the new portraits in as well.

Angel

If it be worthy, feel free to use my Morrigan. If not, no hard feelings. :v

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Seushiro

Thanks for reuploading Lijj there are a lot in there I did'nt have :)

Lockeadon

what is this for? to show all portrait in vanilla?

Xifanie

No, it's a reference to make portraits look like how they are in vanilla.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mograine_D

I know this was posted a few years ago.. but I just needed to say that I fucking LOVE you for that bulk portrait pic..... that's gona save me so much time thank you
Chuuuuurrrrge!!

Boco

May 26, 2016, 05:44:11 pm #32 Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:15:24 pm by Boco
I'd like to say thanks as well. I used this to make some new portraits.