• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Portrait reference sheet

Started by Lijj, March 04, 2012, 10:45:26 am

Lijj

March 04, 2012, 10:45:26 am Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:32:11 am by Lijj
Now opening references for portrait pixeling is an easy one-step process.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

And don't request I put the Dark knights or Luso on this. :p

Jon

What about my Dark Knight portrait I made from yours?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Lijj

I don't feel bad saying this since I made most of it. It just isn't good enough to use as ref.

Kagebunji

Yes, only above average quality ports can be submitted. Remember this is supposed to be a good ref, and below average ports (like DK from WOTL) are definitly not helpfull here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Agreed. If the armor was a different color and you could actually distinguish where the helmet ends and the neck starts, maybe...the WotL ones are not good though? I like the whole black mage wearing a helmet, but whatever...

I was made a Ramuh portrait, while its not that great it could be used as a decent base for something like an old arcane wizard or whatever...I'll look for it later...

Jon

Double post, second post on this old thread of mine for Ramuh possibly? http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4397.600

GeneralStrife

Looks like its already on there, Jon.

Lijj

Elric

This is awesome Lijj.

I will see if i can find any others in the WLDFACE and EVTFACE that you don't have on here yet

Jon

I'm pretty sure Lijj got all the FFTEVGRP ones, after quick viewing...

Do you think those Japanese portraits of Marche, Ritz and other FF characters are good enough for this sheet? I don't know where that whole Japanese sheet is though...just an idea.

I wish I could portrait, is there a tutorial around? I think if I learned how to do this correctly I would be able to contribute some portraits, its just I find spriting the characters easier...

Edit: In the bottom left, is that Sephiroth with darker hair?

Elric

March 04, 2012, 04:29:05 pm #11 Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:08:19 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Jon on March 04, 2012, 03:45:48 pm
I'm pretty sure Lijj got all the FFTEVGRP ones

If that were true then the ones i gave him earlier would've already been there :P

Some of the ones in EVGRP can't be seen without the Japanese version of EVGRP
Since the older version we have here only allows you to look at the WLDFACE for formation sprites,
this doesn't include the EVTFACE, which is included in the Japanese version.

Quote from: Jon on March 04, 2012, 03:45:48 pm
Edit: In the bottom left, is that Sephiroth with darker hair?

It's Elmdor's brother from IA

Lijj

Thanks for those portraits Elric and Kage for giving me some good obscure ones. I don't think the Japanese ones are good ref because they have bad coloration.

Elric

I like the little updated thing in the bottom left of the picture  :mrgreen: very nice touch

Jon

QuoteI don't think the Japanese ones are good ref because they have bad coloration.

True, but coloration isn't so important, they are pretty good references either way, your choice though...

Zozma

that lightning portrait looks TOO good lol... its a shame i dont see a sprite for it
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Mobius

Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Darkholme

April 05, 2012, 04:13:24 pm #17 Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:54:34 pm by Darkholme
I like it.

Feel free to include the two I did here if you like them.

Cyan Garamonde, and Mog.
---------
Oh! Cyan's already there.

Didn't like Mog?

Heh. next to all those really white people, cyan's skin stands out. lol.

Jon

The moogle / mog isn't bad at all, but it isn't exactly FFT style. I think all portraits are pretty much just the head and neck and a tiny bit of the shoulders / upper body. Yours has like the head and half the body...but its still very cool anyways Darkholme!

soxbaseball0328

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but seeing as it pertains to the topic I have to ask. Using GraphicsGale, I can't seem to cut a portrait out of the megaref and adjust it to 16colors to update portraits in WLDFACE. Is this an issue I can get around? Or do I just need to paint over the colors manually to get it to match the original on the megaref?