• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:56:31 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Atma's Sprites

Started by Atma, December 16, 2011, 11:41:31 am

Atma

It's funny.  The left frame the head was raised and I added pixels at the collar.  The right one I did the same, but dropped the eyes.  I will probably use a different base for the female.  Unlikely I'll keep it as is.  As for the hair, it would free up a few spots on the palette, but I do think it's worth keeping, unless I can make the body feminine enough without it.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Celdia

March 21, 2014, 12:57:55 am #141 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:12:52 am by Celdia
Okay, I preface this with my usual "I'm not a spriter" statement, but I puttered around with the first frame a little on the female wizard. I don't know if this is a viable design idea or not, but I thought maybe making her less bulky all around would bring out a feminine touch. I cut down a bit on the edges of the robe, lowered the hat again, added the hair back on and also thinned the robe collar and bands on the sleeves a bit. Also gave her left arm a little more definition in the sleeve. I think all of these together give her a more feminine appearance, especially standing next to the new, taller male wizard.

Multi-edit: Apparently I was working in a 16 color mode and didn't notice an initial loss of colors. I think I got it all straightened out now.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Valkirst

I am all about those Wizards, I think they look fantastic! :D
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Atma

Holy crap!  Almost 4 years since I last uploaded anything.
I've been busy in real life.  Moving to a new city, new job, have my PC in storage, all that jazz.
I've been slowly chipping away at my custom FFT mod, but haven't done much spriting.  I have been doing a bit of tinkering with FFVI (PC), so that's taking up a bit of my time, but I figured until there's better ways to mod that version I may as well re-focus on FFT.  Quickly finished the Male Wizard with the stripe around his hat.  Only took about an hour to finish, just never got around to it.  I hope there's no noticeable pixels out of place once it's in motion.  This laptop is old and doesn't let me test stuff in game easily.
Anyway, here's the edited variant:

Atma

Here's a bit of progress on the female version.  Nothing too exciting, but I wanted to keep them similar in design and style.  I was debating doing more of a FFX-2 style, but that would mean skin tone, so more colours to factor in, plus it would look very different from the male.

Valkirst

Hey man, I'm kind of in the same boat I tend to disappear for awhile and then come back. I'm loving the work, please keep it up!
Completed Sprites

Atma

:D
Here's a bit more.  Nothing too exciting, just a few more frames.

Valkirst

This is a lot better than the frumpy looking for sprites Final Fantasy tactics is known for.
Completed Sprites

Atma

May 14, 2018, 03:21:01 am #148 Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:40:17 am by Atma
Here's some more progress. 
I've finished the top half of the sheet.  So, the walking, hit and KO frames and the corresponding water frames.
Next is the 5 attack frames, front and back as well as the duplicate water frames.
Once those are done, just a matter of flipping through the frames in Shishi to see how the arms align and if there are pixels that need to be tweaked from frame to frame.
EDIT: After a quick check... that last part might take a while.  Arms aren't lining up very well.  Oh well, after making my Ronin sprite and mistakenly editing an entire TYPE1 sheet and using TYPE2 arms, it's nothing I can't handle.

Valkirst

I almost made that mistake once lol, I'm glad I caught myself though!  :mrgreen:  Looking good though!
Completed Sprites