• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:13:58 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Choto's maybe sprites

Started by Choto, September 12, 2011, 09:12:40 pm

Celdia

October 12, 2011, 09:29:21 am #40 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:31:12 am by Celdia
Choto, if you fill out a whole spritesheet for that Female Archon I'll use it as the replacement for the Female Alchemist in CCP.

Also your Male Warlock makes me think of Shadax from Solstice...

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Choto

cool, that should be easy.. hopefully i'll get some time to finish it up sooner than later.

I see the resemblance. I feel like that sprite is so bland as is, I gotta think of something to add in..

Kagebunji

You seem to have screwed the resizing, but that isn't what's most important, soo...

Engineer, I definitly like this concept, Monk's body goes well with those legs. I can't see anything that should be changed other than hair, Monk is good, but not for another class, here is the portrait for an Engineer I found some time ago and thought I would keep it, since I like it.(look at the bottom of the post for it)

Male Archon, seems like a basic headswap to me. Pants are blending in with the cape, since they use similiar solors, try some more contrast there.

Female Archon, Compared to Male, she looks way better. Reis dress goes nicely with Chemist's body as well. However I think you lost one shade on the dress(it should have 4 blues, you have 3), I would have to check Reis original sprite to be certain about it though.

Male Warlock, like I said earlier, it's almost identical to the Arcanist Saigas made some time ago. Will try to find it and post here.

Female Valkyrie/Lancer, has potential but you need to change few things. Mainly the armor, it's bery basic(simple round shape), an it's flat, which makes look even worse. If you really want it to be a round armor, use Male Squire's(without changes). The helmet is changing on few frames(once you used male Lancer, other time you use Male Lancer), I advise that you decide on only one, lol. Overall I think it is a little flat in few places(armor, brown thing on her back, shoulder pad on some frames), maybe it is the fault of the contrast.

Hope this helps.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Choto

Quote from: Kagebunji on October 13, 2011, 08:05:31 am
You seem to have screwed the resizing, but that isn't what's most important, soo...

Definetly did, I still can't find the correct way to resize in GG without doing the ol' click and move.. I also didn't rectify any of the palettes while swapping stuff, so I'm sure I lost a color or two on some of them. My plan was to get a concept then go back and do the full swaps with the correct palettes. I didn't know about Reis' robe though I'll definetly check that.

Engineer, I definitly like this concept, Monk's body goes well with those legs. I can't see anything that should be changed other than hair, Monk is good, but not for another class, here is the portrait for an Engineer I found some time ago and thought I would keep it, since I like it.(look at the bottom of the post for it)

Ya I was gonna try to make the hair a little smaller, my abilities with custom hair are limited though, I'll give it a run at some point.

Male Archon, seems like a basic headswap to me. Pants are blending in with the cape, since they use similiar solors, try some more contrast there.

This one i'm looking for a direction to go to make it a little more unique or different.. I'm not even too thrilled with the mediator hat.

Male Warlock, like I said earlier, it's almost identical to the Arcanist Saigas made some time ago. Will try to find it and post here.

Thanks, I was interested about that when I heard about it.

Female Valkyrie/Lancer, has potential but you need to change few things. Mainly the armor, it's bery basic(simple round shape), an it's flat, which makes look even worse. If you really want it to be a round armor, use Male Squire's(without changes). The helmet is changing on few frames(once you used male Lancer, other time you use Male Lancer), I advise that you decide on only one, lol. Overall I think it is a little flat in few places(armor, brown thing on her back, shoulder pad on some frames), maybe it is the fault of the contrast.

The main thing I wanted to accomplish with it was to get rid of the battle skirt... I never liked it. The female lancer's helm was always a little underwhelming, so I started to swap it with the male's helmet. Even though they're the same, it'll give her a little edgy look hopefully. I'll definetly try to clean up the armor and leather back..thing... Or maybe try some different armors.

I'll try to apply most of these changes when I get the time to. I really appreciate the feedback though, definetly helps alot, thanks!

Choto

November 22, 2011, 11:05:25 am #44 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:07:45 am by Choto
ahhh K, it's been awhile. This is a sprite I finished up for Celdia. It was kinda hastily finished towards the end so it may have some imperfections, but with the spriter's approval i'd like to officially submit my first sprite :) The palettes after the first one were just kinda thrown together to get some more palettes in.

Also I'm having a pretty big issue with the portrait. I was just going to use the chemist's port, but through the whole process of rectifying the colors, the portrait is now choosing the wrong colors. I tried reimporting the original palette colors for the chemist's portrait but its still all whacky.

Kagebunji

Good to see you are still at it. Keep it up, and grats on finishing your first sprite!

Celdia

November 22, 2011, 11:25:28 am #46 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:26:09 am by Celdia
Send it over to Site Submissions, Choto. I'll hopefully have an update of CCP today or tomorrow with her loaded into it. ^_^

e: Just noticed your note about the portrait. If you like, I'll fix it up and submit it on your behalf.

Choto

BEHOLD, Evolutionary ancestor of hydra with an increased wingspan and (hopefully) the preferred mount of ancient dragoon knights! The 1-headed dragon!

$5 per ticket to booth.

Just throwing this up as a future project for fun. Once I finish up my project for Elric and the Flan, this'll probly be next...

Celdia

Maybe call them Wyverns to differentiate from the classic dragons? I like how it looks for a concept, but front wing there looks like its shoulder-joint is coming out of the center of the beast's chest as opposed to from the side.

Kagebunji

I have something for you. If you are not interested in this, do tell, I will give crits to your Wyvern then.

Taichii

i've been waiting reeeally long for this XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Choto

Hehe, thanks Kage... I actually have that and was looking at expanding on it down the road as well ^_^. I'd like to see where this goes first though. This was just an initial rough-concept for fun. I have to see what to do with the belly/chest, legs, and as Celdia mentioned the shoulder and wing expansion. Thanks Celdia i hadn't really noticed that.

I didn't want to call it Wyvern actually because I knew smash's wyvern concept existed. I'd rather call original dragons Drakes, and this one a dragon. I suppose drake kinda fits for this one too... so maybe i'll call it that for now. Hold your crits till i get some time to dive into it though cause its just a rough concept atm.

CONMAN

That is pretty sweet looking.  I don't know how the hack to ride non chocobos actually looks in game and I have never bothered to give it a try.  I would love to see some dragonish creature as proper mount- perhaps on a chocobo sprite sheet.

Choto

my thread lives! Gonna join in on the recent spriting action. Trying to finish a back facing concept for Umaro and having major challenges with his hair. Also have a couple of version of his front facing noggin.. not sure which is the best fit.

I guess I got the FF6 bug and wanted to give the ghost that joins your party at the phantom train some love. I think he's got a bad case of the pillow shades though.

If anybody feels like playing with one or both of them feel free!

Seushiro

Your concept is already good so carry on with it for Umaro. I just adjusted the color to be similar to one of your references. As for the ghost can you try gaffy's hood on it as the head?

Choto

Sorry Seushiro, I'm looking for more of a stringy look on his hair. More beastly. Also I'm trying to stick to FFT-colors (I used Rafa's whites and blues), as it's always been suggested by the spriting guru's here.

Got him walking for now, just noticing the flashing on his feet and arms though. I'm still at a standstill at his back facing concept.. the dimensions just don't seem right. Added some detail on the ghost

lirmont

Those arms are pretty damn convincing. I feel like maybe the left arm is swinging out when it should be swinging in on its farthest back frame. I know you mentioned flashing; that left hand looks disconnected when it's behind the body. I think everybody who knows who Umaro is would recognize it immediately.

Celdia

That is one shaggy, beefy yeti.

Seushiro

Good to see things animated now. Why not continue with the shaded part on the feet? That way at least it won't switch from light to dark pixels at an instant and will look whole during animation. Keep it up Choto :)