• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:41:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FF VI Terra

Started by yoshivoodoo, July 17, 2011, 06:11:45 am

yoshivoodoo

Hi Everyone =)

I have been playing FF Tactics for ever now, and I just now found this site. The work you guys do is absolutely amazing! no question about it.

I have a question about a sprite...Terra Branford to be exact from FFVI. I have searched you're entire forums, (I think i searched em all) and found one saying that there was a completed Terra sprite, but it's not in your sprite list to download. Did i miss something?

Here is a link to the forum...
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4499.200

I appreciate the timely response =)

thechancellor

You'll find a lot of sprites that weren't submitted when you use the search function. That Terra sprite, to me, looks finished. There might be a few glitches here and there, but I say import it into Shishi Sprite Editor and go through each animation to see if they're satisfactory. Even if it isn't perfect, who cares? If you're not releasing a patch for the community, It shouldn't matter.
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...

yoshivoodoo

Twinees

I think it was submitted a while ago, or a different version was or something, but Lijj wasn't really happy with IIRC. We'll have to see what he says, he might want to redo it... *nudges a Lijj*
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Twinees on July 17, 2011, 12:08:36 pm
I think it was submitted a while ago, or a different version was or something, but Lijj wasn't really happy with IIRC. We'll have to see what he says, he might want to redo it... *nudges a Lijj*

This. It was The Lijjmesiter's first sprite, and for some reason thought it wasn't good enough for the CS page, even though there are much worse sprites on it.

Lijj

Here it is:

I just took it down mostly because the portrait is ugly. The sprite should be fine except the hair animation is different than most FFT characters, this was done before I grasped it.

yoshivoodoo

I must say Lijj that your Terra is absolutely perfect. and as for the profile picture goes.......well i kinda put in one i found from somewhere else. =)

Lijj

Ah good! With a new portrait I'm sure it's decent enough. Glad it's getting use anyway

Wolfran

Man, that portrait is fine I think how that is your first portrait you feel that it could be better but is a great work.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

GeneralStrife

This port?
She looks waay too young, but it's still good.

MagiusRerecros

Her head looks like a kidney bean...
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Wolfran

Lol, I forgot that port XD But the last one's is a Million times better thatn that :)
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Gs, that portrait never should be brought back to life... No offense though, it's just that current version is way better.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

I'm just so glad I'm not responsible for creating that one.

GeneralStrife

hahaha.
It's from the early beginnings of the spriting section. The changes are amazing.

GeneralStrife

But honestly lijj, your terra is still the best.
Maybe just the hair needing work.
The japs terra here looks like she has down syndrome

Kaijyuu

I actually really like the japanese terra portrait.

Kagebunji

Because it is actually really good. However this Terra is from Dissidia, I think.

GeneralStrife

Kagebunji

Haha, yeah. Where exactly if I may ask? Saying they are too short is not an option here.