• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:05:11 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

We need MOAR Monsters

Started by CONMAN, May 29, 2011, 08:33:15 pm

CONMAN

eehhh I may try to use the "Phantom" head on some sort of ultima demon fusion or something.....back burner again. 

I hope this thief zero is acceptable. 

...I'm really on some sort of super hero kick lately- here is proto-ironman.  I figure it would be easy enough to remove the head on the iron giant and add an add a head for a huge mechsuit like in the first one.  I believe the Iron giant only uses like 10 colors- so that may be a future quick fix!   ... also I keep thinking I'll make a Thor at some point- But I would at least want it to be fairly unique and not another magneto/loki type knock-off... you know actual work  :P

Any ideas for Ironman?  I figure I might change the singing poses into a chest cannon fire....
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Ironman! pretty sweet; I like how his core will flash as he walks. I made a little edit of the helm; noting too fancy; just gave him smaller eyes and some minor changes.

Elric

Awesome job CONMAN! Thief Zero looks great, Ironman as well

CONMAN

QuoteI made a little edit of the helm
Thank you Lijj! 

QuoteI like how his core will flash as he walks
I think we both know where I stole that idea!

Getting fairly close with this one!  I certainly need to fix one head angle- the lowered head from the back.  Finish: dead/critical/water poses.  Also I probably need to touch up some arms- sometimes shadows appear where they shouldn't.  I tagged some heads and the front upraised arm pose (Jumping/spell casting) with some blinking eyes. :D

Celdia

With the flashing core for the walking frames I'm almost surprised you didn't use that for the singing frames as well. Maybe you could have the core dimmed while the hand-repulsers are flaring up? Or were you deliberately avoiding using that kind detail on those frames? Either way the whole thing is still very impressive.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

CONMAN

QuoteWith the flashing core for the walking frames I'm almost surprised you didn't use that for the singing frames as well. Maybe you could have the core dimmed while the hand-repulsers are flaring up

- I had the core flashing, but it was one too many flashing spots for my liking.  Dimming the core might be a good idea however.

I start a weak-ass Thor attempt.  I'm not sure on what to do with the arms.  I'm a little hesitant on the helmet.  I would avoid it, but it's too damn iconic.... I touched up the first set of arms so that the cape bolts stay visible and not covered by the cape.

I also started an "Iron Monger" sprite.    I really love the idea of a mech suit replacing worker 8 (who I just don't care for).  The original iron sprite only used 11 colors so a fair amount of screwing around is available.  I initially wanted Besrudio (I actually kind of want a sprite for him as well.  Pretty sure he could keep his cane.) to operate the mech, but I could only get the pallete down to 18 colors.  The current "old Delita" head should be easy to swap for something else.

I haven't made too many changes to the iron giant sprite yet, but I think a lot of potential is available(see below  :cool:).  I'll have to do some actual clean up by replacing the back head frames.  It's head on the back frames has horns that cover certain chunks of the arms and such.  Probably want to create a proper rocket pack on the back.

Elric

Good god CONMAN, you are really cranking these out. Good job man!

CONMAN

This is where I'm sitting with a couple of sprites... Iron man needs some work on the port (the bane of my spriting existence!)....

The Iron Monger "tweeking" of the Iron giant seemed to suit the mech look pretty well.  The dead poses is a bit of a head scratcher...

Choto

he reminds me of megaman when you hop in one of those big suits ^_^ awesome stuff.

CONMAN

June 01, 2014, 01:32:55 pm #209 Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:16:20 pm by CONMAN
What?  An excuse to bump this thread off page three!
I have a fixed thief zero (the order of the colors on the port f'd it up)
Esperella with an improved port....
....and beta vegeta!  Color change green ranger+darts chest.... his hair could certainly be better, but I wanted to keep enough gold/yellow to make attack hair and such super saiyan... lol

edit: little clean up on messy back walking frames

Elric

Thank you for fixing that Zero port CONMAN, looks much better in game now.

This thread needs moar action!

Seushiro

June 02, 2014, 10:43:26 am #211 Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:51:03 am by Seushiro
Quote from: Kagebunji on July 29, 2012, 08:13:35 am
Like this:

How come google never gave me this???? I an gonna attempt this one instead!

That Theif Zero has been kidnapped!

CONMAN

I had the day off yesterday and felt the itch to sprite!  I thought I would improve the old magus sprite and attempt a port!  Also I started a human size ajora.  I tried to work on queen of ivalice demos .... but got distracted...

edit: just noticed lack of hair on back water attack frames... bummer

Kagebunji

I don't know if it's simply a small error, but I think you wanted to say human sized Altima, heh. You might be interested in this:

As for Magus, I just can't help but scream Delita whenever I see his hair. He could use some custom hair and different face perhaps.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

QuoteYou might be interested in this:

That's what got me interested initially!  I was under the impression that the image was resized in paint- so I figured I would play around. Actually I would like to use the weird double cone hair from the original.

QuoteAs for Magus, I just can't help but scream Delita whenever I see his hair. He could use some custom hair and different face perhaps

I like that face as a base (however- it is plenty overused and identifiable).  If I could construct a proper magus style widow's peak (totally redo the forehead and central hair) I feel that could sell it alright. I unsucessful tried to play around with it- I ought to try again...

I've been trying to play around a make some sort of Ruvelia-Queen costume and thought I would show what I had been toying with...  It's probably too warrior like as opposed to royal... The port gives very little to go on... The sprite definitely needs some kind of white/silver collar- and the rest is up to the imagination.  I tried some different collars from different sprites to mix and match- sometimes it becomes clear that a lot of adjustment would be necessary....

I like this outfit because it can have a reverse triangular shape (to be similar, but contrasting with ovelia).  For now I figured the monk head was close- perhaps a good base and I didn't bother with a crown... I figure the QUEEN should be fairly unique and require a little extra custom work.... but I think I like this base for some use even if it didn't become the final...

..Any suggestions on this... or should the Queen take a totally different direction?

thechancellor

I can offer any feedback on the sprites because I'm not a good spriter by any strecth of the imagination. I just wanted to say it's great to see you come back with some contributions. Love to see them.

If I had to choose. I like Ruvelia Beta 2.
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...

CONMAN

I was bored yesterday and rather than do something productive, I decided to work on making a lizard man.  Human sheets are much easier to work with and allow weapons... so ya.  I spent like two hours just just trying to make usable bare legs and gave up on it. Every time I work on a sprite I seem to spend 3 times as much time trying to visualize/look at suitable bases before any real work happens.  Dozens of projects never passed this visualize phase obviously.   

Zozma's Berserker is the base (ninja arms into flesh are odd/ took me a while to figure out what he used).  Recolored hornless skeleton head was just perfect for a lizard snout.  I figure it will need a bumby spine and I will try to shape the the boots into feet and give it some claws.  I will probably angle the feet tip-toe style and try to give a sense of slightly squat legs.  I'm considering changing the walk arms so that they stay mostly in front, or at least don't swing all the way back.  Colors should probably get tweaked- at least the pants.  I will add a tail at some point.

Elric

I love this, the bandana makes him look like a ninja turtle :D

Jumza

I like it a lot too :) Would be cool if this was completed
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

CONMAN

June 21, 2015, 10:32:23 pm #219 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:01:57 pm by CONMAN
A little bit more work done.  I'm trying to make the claw feet work- I feel like it's pretty close on the front.  I'm not so sure about a back claw on the forward walking frames- It's a single dot!  I hope the back angles work out as easily :)

I'm pretty happy with the front and front 3/4 angles on the head.  The side feels close.  The back 3/4 needs work and the back is just a blob....

Hesitating on the tail... might go without.

I feel like the pants should be brown/grey.  I feel it should be earthy/dirty/well worn.  When finished I think I would like to make 2 more color versions.

QuoteI like it a lot too :) Would be cool if this was completed

I feel pretty good about this one.  It should be smooth sailing until I get to the port.

QuoteI love this, the bandana makes him look like a ninja turtle

That bandana is going away- but this could easily become a solid base for one!  I didn't even see the ninja turtle in him until you said so- and of course an awesome port for one already is already done!  The turtle shell on the back might be hard, but the bandana/arm+legs bands are already out there.

EDIT: Pushing forward with this dude.  Trying to get a weird grasping motion into the walking poses.  I gave him some claws for finger tips- Hard to get that to look right and few hands exist that aren't in fist to use for comparison.  I like one arm a little bit better than the other.   The transfer from fist to exposed claws is a little weak on the left arm, also I might want to raise it a little.  I feel the back walking frames will be easier for claws...