• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

We need MOAR Monsters

Started by CONMAN, May 29, 2011, 08:33:15 pm

mav

Fix those dead frames too, chief.

Asmo X

New shield on the back diagonal is good, but it he should be holding it up a bit higher, i think, if you compare it to the other frame.

CONMAN

June 02, 2011, 07:33:54 pm #22 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:38:23 pm by CONMAN
I'm not sure on what to do with the dead frames, I figured I had a good way to cheat with the shield/sword
  • Modding version: PSX

Mando

put the head of the dragon only with blacked out eyes lol...

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

CONMAN

June 02, 2011, 10:59:45 pm #24 Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:26:45 pm by CONMAN
?sword under his belly or something? Perhaps in his back?

Kagebunji

Looks awesome if you ask me. For the portrait I would suggest stealing Belmondt Dark Dragon portait, it would be 100% fit.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

June 04, 2011, 01:08:32 pm #26 Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:52:07 am by mav
Great improvements on the dead frames.

CONMAN

June 04, 2011, 07:35:41 pm #27 Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:36:10 pm by CONMAN
...I suck at portraits.  I've tried to make a few for sprites without them and they really weren't very good.

On the plus side my old lady saw me struggling and made one for me! Yay! Still might need some work however.

Kagebunji

If you fix the background color it will be ok. I cannot be 100% sure though, oyu would have to post 2x image too.

mav

June 05, 2011, 12:41:54 pm #29 Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:44:27 pm by mav
Aside from Kage's suggestion, it would be nice if you could have the head facing a slightly more natural angle, but that would involve redrawing most of the portrait. Good start,

CONMAN

Does this shield look any better?

Kagebunji

Kinda late. The shield looked ok as it was tbh, I agree it was kinda flat, but add a little more shading and it may look too crappy etc. Portrait is good, just change the background color on it.

CONMAN

June 27, 2011, 06:05:04 pm #32 Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:36:31 pm by CONMAN
Long time, no post.  Been busy with other things- and honestly everytime I think about this project, I want to make something else.  Last time I tested this either the front or back walking was perfect and the other was a pixel off on a frame or two.

Eternal

I am so tempted to find a place for this in PW. I just have no idea -what- I'd make out of it! :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Eternal248 on June 27, 2011, 06:08:21 pm
I am so tempted to find a place for this in PW. I just have no idea -what- I'd make out of it! :P

Special story monster villain XD

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

MysticKnightFF5

deep story monster villain dungeon

Eternal

Actually, you know what? I have a Dragon Knight enemy-only generic job. Maybe I'll use it for that. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

You will have to make that Generic a monster, Eternal. This sheet is for monsters, not for humans, I don't know how patcher and other stuff works, but I would expect glitches. If not that, then the sprite will surely bug if you don't change the type(but you know this, right?).

Mando

It isn't too bad in game. I was messing with it some- I just need to set proper animation tabs.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!