• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:08:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

We need MOAR Monsters

Started by CONMAN, May 29, 2011, 08:33:15 pm

CONMAN

May 29, 2011, 08:33:15 pm Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:17:42 am by CONMAN Reason: Updated sprites
current list of my sprites both complete and random unfinished:

edit: update Jan 16 2022, I did not make the ports for Ganondorf or Gilgamesh.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mando

That is... EPIC

not sure about the whole reis thing involved but hello new boss monster >:D

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

thechancellor

This is actually pretty nice. Love the fact that it's made into a monster sprite. Good work.
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...

Pride

This is... amazing in every conceivable way.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

CONMAN

Walking poses need a tweek...need a portrait.... I don't have a "sword tail" on the back attacking poses... but it's close...kinda.
I'm all about cutting the work down to a minimum and wanted a monster w/out a mountain of work, so I just really resized the sentinel sprite by 20% and stole stuff from the WEP.spr

I figure way more monsters (of the Lucavi kind) could be made by resizing/recoloring human sprites and slapping new heads on them.  I wanted to use the snake head from Serpentarius... but it wasn't looking very good.

Lijj

That is darn crafty!

Cheetah

This is a frankinsprite to the extreme. Definitely rough but it is certainly interesting and a very nice first attempt.
Current Projects:

mav

Very cool. The shading on the shield is extremely flat. The dragon head also needs a little work--it's kinda big for the body and seems to have lost a shade or two as you've pasted into onto this sheet.

Like everyone said, it's a very impressive start.

Asmo X

It looks pretty good, but I notice you have the shield aimed in the same direction no matter which way he's facing. I think that would look strange when it's in motion. I think it should be more to his side on the front diagonal. The lower jaw look strange too. It looks like you tried to draw teeth or something. I would probably not attempt that. Sprites dont allow for details that small to come across very well.

GeneralStrife

Haha, wth is this? Interesting creation.

Wolfran

Interesting, check the monster template that Twinnes did some time ago because some frames would cut on the upper part when you put in the game.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Haha, nice frankensprite. As Asmo noted, shield on back frames might look weird in game, however there are back frames in WEP file, so you surely can think of how to implement it. I will check this in-game, hmhm.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RandMuadDib

kind of reminds me of the gargoyles in disgaea, except those didnt have legs.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

CONMAN

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 30, 2011, 11:16:17 am
Haha, nice frankensprite. As Asmo noted, shield on back frames might look weird in game, however there are back frames in WEP file, so you surely can think of how to implement it. I will check this in-game, hmhm.

Wow...I didn't realize back frames for the shields were on the wep.spr.   :oops:
This sprite is as amateur as probably possible.  I am not an artist.

I've been lurking for a while and taking stuff from this site to make my own personal patch and thought damn that ain't right!  Knowing my limitations, I figured I could make a working monster despite my artistic ability. I think I can make this work but I'll need some pointers.

mav

Amateur as possible? This is legendary compared to most people's early attempts. Anyways, you've gotten a decent amount of pointers already. If you want to redesign the head to regain some lost shades, it should be as easy as a quick palette tweak and copy/paste job.

CONMAN

new walk and block... tried to get rid of the chin tooth

Kagebunji

Yup, that is the frame I was talking about, shield looks better now.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

Arghh... I need to do some shading/clean up and probably redo some frames here.  Some of this needs to be lined up better and my forward jump definitely needs fixed: the sword angle forces him off center.
Damn there is so much excitement starting one of these things and finishing it- not so much.  Halfway through this thing and I already wanted to make a different monster.

LastingDawn

Ah, you used a Lucavi Sprite sheet as reference it seems? All in all this looks fantastic! Dragonkin more or less is a pretty unique idea and it looks like it could already be a nearly working enemy.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

RandMuadDib

looks like a regular sprite sheet to me?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!