• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:23:13 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Darkholme's Sprites

Started by Darkholme, March 22, 2011, 01:08:28 am

Darkholme

March 22, 2011, 01:08:28 am Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:55:29 am by Darkholme
2011/03/22 - New Portrait; Cyan Garamonde.

2011/03/31 - New Portrait: Mog.

2014/05/10 - New Portraits: Me.

Kagebunji

Haha, these are good. They look kinda out of FFT, but they are still damn amazing. I take that this isn't your first experience with sprites, yes? Post more :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

I like em' pretty good IMO.

Darkholme

Thanks.

Yeah, not my first experience w/ sprites.
I had a bit of a hard time keeping to fft's style. The self portrait was my first FFT portrait attempt though; and Cyan my 2nd. I like Cyan much better.

I plan on doing more ff6 portraits when I get the chance, and eventually have all 13 cast members.

Any suggestions on bringing them more into fft style? Maybe some tips that won't make it harder to tell it's cyan? (I dont want him to look all young instead of battle-hardened.)

Kagebunji

March 22, 2011, 11:54:43 am #4 Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:39:23 pm by Kagebunji
To be honest, I can tell it is Cyan right away. I was speaking of first portrait(hair is especially out of FFT). We already have Terra and Shadow on here, so I am looking forward for your version of these two.
Here is the link to all our custom sprites that are finished:
http://ffhacktics.com/sprites.php

Good luck with your future portraits.

Darkholme

March 22, 2011, 12:49:36 pm #5 Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:52:41 pm by Darkholme
Yeah, I'm not satisfied with the self-portrait. I'll probably come back to it and fix it, but not today.
I really like How Cyan Turned out though.

There's no terra on that page; but I saw shadow; that was why I started with someone else. I haven't done any spriting in a long while, but I think it's going to be fun to do the portraits for some FF6 characters. I love that game. I don't think I'm going to do any body sprites for a while, but I plan on doing portraits. (Maybe bodies to go with them later). It would be cool to have the whole ff6 cast in FFT. (I'm fantasizing about the FF6 Cast, Plot, and overworld (Mario RPG Style towns) with FFT style battles... - drools.)

I'm glad you guys like them. Not sure who I'll do next. Maybe Umaro, just for the challenge of a nonhuman portrait.

Kagebunji

March 22, 2011, 12:53:49 pm #6 Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:55:03 pm by Kagebunji
Haha! Umaro would be great. I hope you will do some sprites too, I am curious to see how you will adapt to FFT style. Indeed, I see Terra is taken down, if you know how ShiShi works, I could post an spr for you so you can look at her. As to the FF6 in FFT, kinda impossible to do, waaaaay too much work. But you might be interested in FFVI Hardtype that Eternal is doing.

EDIT: How could I forget.

WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

There is also a chat, if you are interested
http://ffhacktics.com/chat/

Celdia

That Cyan portrait is amazing. ^_^
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Darkholme

I know FF6 in FFT would be way too much work; but It would still be awesome.

Have you seen the ffvi anime op?

Square seriously needs to get off their asses and either license an anime with the FMA team, or finally give me my next gen ff6 remake I've been waiting for for 10 years. lol.

I know how shishi works; I used it to get some color palettes and to see reference portraits. The portraits I made keep to the 16 color palette limit too.

Chat seems to be broken. I cant get the app to start.

Kagebunji

Just click on the PJIRC tab below the avatar then. I never saw FF6 anime, heh, too bad my net sucks, it is completely not suitable to watch animes on.

Eternal

I think that's fanmade. I have never heard of a VI anime in my life.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Darkholme

March 22, 2011, 03:07:42 pm #11 Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:08:04 pm by Darkholme
Professionally Fan Made. I believe it was actually made by the FMA Guys; Can't find more detail about it than the video itself though.

There was no full anime; just the OP and ED videos.

Kagebunji

Fan made? That would clear the matter of Celes boobs, haha. Did only I found them enormous?

Darkholme

They seemed normal to me; obviously wasn't watching closely enough. :P

Kagebunji

Hehe, yeah. Let's close the matter about boobs though, enough with off-topic...

Zuzka

Wow Cyan is a good portrait but I don't like the first one.

Darkholme

Yeah; I don't like how the first one turned out. At some point I'll go back and redo it.

Darkholme

March 31, 2011, 11:16:57 pm #17 Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:24:05 am by Darkholme
Added Mog

This one comes from the attached picture; which I thought was pretty close to the FFT style to begin with for a moogle; So instead of doing it from scratch; I did a photomanipulation/color adjust, made it the appropriate size, paletted it to 16 colors, and then manually edited pixels to make it look how I wanted it to.

2 Down; 12 to Go.

Thoughts; Comments?

While I like it overall, the one side of his nose seems to look slightly off but I'm not sure how to fix it. I'll look at it more later.

Kagebunji

Looks great. Perhaps you are ibterested in Moogle portrait Mav did long ago. I used it for my avatar for a long time, I am reverting back to it, I think, it was soo great looking.

GeneralStrife

Both those ports are great, I think they are too good to say one looks better, one is just a different fur color moogle.