• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:40:58 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Seushiro's Sprites... Redoing some sprites

Started by Seushiro, August 19, 2009, 12:12:50 am

LastingDawn

Those are looking pretty good! We've had the Dark Knight Cecil for some time now, it's about time we get the Paladin as well, hehe.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

thechancellor

Dude, that Garland is SERIOUS! I absolutely LOVE how the shoulder moves beneath the cloak. Beautiful. Can't wait to see the completed versions.
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...

Jumza

Great work Seu :) You've improved so much!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Seushiro

Gonna take longer than my usual edits on Garland especially since I am not used to TYPE 2 editing. The base is a real pain as I need to do a lot of calculations and frame by frame editing cause of the cape.

Here are some updates on WIP sprites:

Kagebunji

Garland is looking real nice there, only thing that bugs me a lot is the portrait. It's hard to tell what it is. I assume you used Dissidia art as a starter and went from there, yeah? It didn't work out well, sadly.

Firion is cool, got nothing on him.

Good progress on Cid too. Only thing you need to change is his armor, since currently it looks shapeless, just a white blob. Try adding some shape and definition to it. Other thing is the white thing below his head on back frames. It's way too big and doesn't click. Try either making it smaller, or turn it back to blue, like the Judge has.

For concepts, I don't even know where the first caracter is from, and have no reference to him, perhaps tell something about him first.

Jecht's head is nice, but his body isn't quite right. Use Berserker as a base for arms, as for chest, there are plenty muscled ones around, just ditch the tattoo.

For female Judge, I would pick the one on the right, since bra looks much better.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

Wow, great stuff. Garland looks amazing. I just wanted to remark on the Female Judge, does she need to be in a skimpy outfit? I agree that the one on the right looks better but the chest plate is a little off, but a badass fully armored chick I think would serve the purpose of the Judges and their role a lot better.
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Jumza

Quote from: Valkirst on May 22, 2014, 04:00:27 pm
I just wanted to remark on the Female Judge, does she need to be in a skimpy outfit? I agree that the one on the right looks better but the chest plate is a little off, but a badass fully armored chick I think would serve the purpose of the Judges and their role a lot better.

I agree with this 100%, I think the female should be fully covered up, though maybe different (somehow? :P) from the male armor.  I like the head / hat though :)

Everything else is looking good :)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

jimmyjw88

I may take a crack on Garland portrait as a challenge to myself. Everything else are good like what they said.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Choto

Just a note on perspective, try to be consistent with the height of shoulders, hips, arms, legs, etc. For example the sprite on the right of the 4 concepts, their right hip is lower than it should be to maintain the SouthWest facing direction. I think a good rule of thumb for the angle is two over then one down as mentioned here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10334.msg197231#msg197231

Otherwise, nice progress and concepts!

Seushiro

Can anyone fix the cape at the back facing frames of Garland? I have done a couple of edits but none to my liking so yeah I'm stuck with it for a while now.

Kagebunji

Hah, Elsa. I prefer the firsat one the most, with leg exposed.

As to Garland, what exactly you want to fix on his back cape? Hand movement?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Seushiro

June 04, 2014, 07:45:55 am #671 Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:30:37 am by Seushiro
Well the cape just looks plain....... it is not flat but just not flowing in the upper parts. Kinda cardboard like is the best way I can explain it when I see it in shi shi

Seushiro

Another thing to add to my already big list list of spriting weaknesses.... Damn Capes..... :evil:

azavier

Finish elsa !!! I love it & wheres aummoner yuna! Sorry just amazed at ur work !

Luiakyn

Quote from: Seushiro on June 03, 2014, 11:01:03 am
Can anyone fix the cape at the back facing frames of Garland? I have done a couple of edits but none to my liking so yeah I'm stuck with it for a while now.

Awesome, awesome stuff.

I'll keep looking at it and see if there are edits I can make that make sense.
To the cloak or arms?

Seushiro

Cloak and arms... So it would look less cardboard back cape

megef2010

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 22, 2014, 03:15:45 pm
For concepts, I don't even know where the first caracter is from, and have no reference to him, perhaps tell something about him first.

That first character is from an anime called Gintama :D
Famous last words - "I saw this in a movie it'll be great!"

Erosennin36

November 08, 2014, 11:19:03 pm #677 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:33:42 pm by Erosennin36
hey guys fiz JUDGE CID PLEASE i whant to play it this Sprite xD :roll:

**Hey guys, please finish Judge Cid, I want to use this Sprite xD :roll:**

Please go back to using google translate, I believe it was more accurate.

Thank You,
-Elric

kkk sorry i back xD ......

wyat_erp

@Seushiro, do you take requests? I wanted something to be made, but I don't know how to sprite. Maybe you could take a look at my request while i'm still trying to learn how to sprite?  :D

PedroMarz

Hello glentlement (from now sorry my bad english i try really hard), i wonder if someone could make a UNIT image for Formation of a Judgev2 Whitout helmet and whit ramza's head, i use the judge sprite for ramza as a "Judgement Knight" and i know the last post was in 2014 but i dont know maybe someone whit skills (that i dont have) could read this, or a ramza holding his helmet in hands, i want to do (im really in this, i mean i allways love FFT back in te 1998 when my brother start playing this fantastic game i was 6 years old and here in argentina the psx was da real shit, da real thing awesome games) later i play it again whit psp version and really broken it whit lvl 99 ch3 dark knight the game lost every dificulty and now im playing "1.3 FFHACKTICKS EASYTYPE" AND ITS FLAWLESS in deep dungeon its true hardcore and this gameplay iam doing it right (lvl 76 final to orbonne)sorry for the nonsense talk, i was mean its this game i play it whit a mistic air, see ramza throw a stasis sword its awesome, back to the thread: i was trying to make a different UNIT formation image for ramza and delita, ramza a "Judge" whit the helm in his hand, and a delita ch4 (i have delita in my party) whit the helm in his hand whit the sprite of DelitaKing, but i cant do it myself because i dont have any program right, when i paste the "head" it changes its color, due to different color palet i think, well i hope someone read this and have a reply, regards from argentina gentlements, good bye.    Pedro Marzano