• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:29:51 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Twinees

Do not copy the eye over, the eyes are perfectly fine as they are. They should not be as you have done them on the sprite on the left, never is it done anywhere like that on a FFT sprite. The fad of the double eye colour started a long time ago and I put a stop to it :P. Never shall it return!!! Seushiro, go back and fix all your sprites with eyes like that haha.
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

Agreed. Remember that this is a sprite, hence keep it at simplicity state.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seushiro

April 21, 2014, 11:19:36 am #2302 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:53:33 am by Seushiro
@ Twinees: I meant only the lighter Blue pixel. Still you made me go back and look at all my sprites starting from Marche lol. Luckyly Marche, Reno, and some others are not two toned in the eyes. I will edit my posts then

@ Jimmy: Seeing Garnet that you have is quite nice pixel art. I'm not sure if I saw one here before of Garnet, but if I remember it right... I think Kage did a nice one back then and with a sprite too.

Twinees

Kagebunji

Once again I come back to one of my first sprites I ever did on FFH, and decide to improve her further. I tihnk that the last one is pretty spot on with her concept(at last). Thoughts?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

wyat_erp

I'd vote for the boobies one on the left most enlarged version. it's really spot on for me, and she looks gorgeous. maybe a bmp file to share for this one? and other smexy sprites too? :D

Boco

Massive improvement on the Rydia sprite! I'm assuming the newest is on the left? It just looks like it fits the FFT style better. The chest is the best, but also huge upgrade on the shading and the hair.

Kagebunji

Yeah, the newest one is on the left. At first I didn't wanna give her too big bust size, but all the artwork just made me go heavy on her, haha.

Metal

Quote from: Kagebunji on December 17, 2014, 06:48:04 pm
Once again I come back to one of my first sprites I ever did on FFH, and decide to improve her further. I tihnk that the last one is pretty spot on with her concept(at last). Thoughts?

Yessss, do it! I was totally thinking of using rydia as a base for Polaris, do it!

Kagebunji

I don't really know when I can promise she will be done, but I have some frames done. Working on her whenever I feel like it, heh.

Lijj

mav

I dig the new hair on that Rydia sprite. Do the world a favor and finish this one.

Kagebunji

Thanks Lijj, good to see you around again! :D

And holy shit, Mav, how long has it been? Nice to know you still tag along ;)

mav

I think it's been a couple years since I've posted. I wanted to read up on Tethical and wandered back over here, got blown away by their project, watched all the Jot5 playthrough videos (I'm so glad with the progress on that project), and decided to try and contribute again. Regardless, it's been too long.

Nice to see your spriting skills are still being put to good use. I was hoping we'd have a couple more unique monster sprites on this site by now, but whatever.

Kagebunji

Heh, I postponed ay work I was doing here when Ch1 of JoT5 was being worked on. Some old monster sprites got some nice updates though(Werewolf for example).

And yeah, JoT5 pretty much came to be while you were gone, it's a nice patch, try playing it and see all the sprites all of us did :D

Elric

Jot5 is always looking for new spriters ;)

Choto

Well there's at least 2 new monster sprites coming with the JoT5 chapter 2 release. There's the Yeti/Umaro sprite I made... there's also the Ogre and Gigas sprites that Luiakyn made, and the additional Lucavi sprites he/she was making.

One of the monster sprites from JoT5 is gonna make you shit your pants at least 1 time, courtesy of Twinees and Lijj.

All that aside, it would be such a big help to have another spriter to help us release chapter two sooner than later. It's already dragged on longer than we would have liked :( (Come to think of it, there's a portrait that I'm dreading since I have very very little experience doing portraits and the ones I've seen you do are quite good!)

mav

I saw those Lucavi sprites by Luiakyn; very impressive stuff. I'm glad you guys have a couple more monsters around the corner.

I won't derail Kage's thread any further but Kage, Elric, Choto, et. all, feel free to PM me any help you need for Jot5. Especially if it's portrait or palette work; palettes I can turn around quickly and I think I can Frankenstein a couple portraits together if you need me to.

Lyrithus

Love the new Rydia concept, more mature and she is very stylish in her more adult stage.

Gives me an idea. I thought I saw a "regular sized" sprite of Shiva somewhere that was kinda style in the same manner, as far as the "drape" style of clothing goes, but obvious everything was a shade of icy blues.

Anyone know where I can find that? lol so many good sprites out there but are soo barried.