• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:32:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

//.hack Accidentally created Data Drain

Started by Valkirst, July 03, 2014, 02:10:40 pm

Valkirst

So as I was playing around with the effects of Cloud I messed something up while trying to mod Cherry Blossom and out came an interesting little effect!

Cloud Performing Kite's/Haseo's Data Drain!
[youtube]tTb8LJ4Bglc[youtube]

Anywho it made me think of the concept of creating spriting out Kite.

P.S. Didn't realize I recorded Beirut as I did that! Hahaha
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Elric

This is a graphic glitch, those are not a good thing lol.

Also, at this point, I'm going to ask that you just put ALL your effects into 1 thread, you have them spread across 3 sections now,
no reason for that.

Xifanie

*headtilts*

Not quite Data Drain, just a pretty useless graphical glitch :p
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kagebunji

They all be like "whaaaat?". Haha, hillarious glitch Xiffy.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

July 03, 2014, 05:18:20 pm #4 Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:27:30 pm by Valkirst
Well.. obviously this wasn't meant to be taken seriously... and was to mention and ask which I forgot to do; to see if anyone had any .hack sprites out there. 

As for the various effect postings, well.. in the help section I was actually asking for help and then I gave some examples to help elucidate the issue and somehow it got out of control. So, in order to 'not' create a different post I kept updating that one. On the summoning post, well that was my original intent, that is for that specific reason to update those types of files. Please feel free to delete this post or put in spam or qwhatever. 

Also on that glitch Xifanie how do you make that work? I plan on doing an Ultros sprite sheet to go along with my Ultros "Summons" and might need that...

Completed Sprites

EmmaNigma

Valk, that glitch effect is fucking radical to the max. I love it. Is it reproducable? Is it modifiable? Definitely cool to show off, thank you. Graphical glitches are my favorite things about games, and this (and xifi's example) are awesome
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

LastingDawn

There have been no .hack// sprites as of yet (but I am glad to see that as the years have gone by people are looking back at the series!) and to have a couple sprites of Kite or Haseo would be pretty neat!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Valkirst

Emmanigma I think I would be able to actually modify it to the point where it looks like the actual Data Drain, or close enough anyway. I just think it's interesting where ideas just spawn out of. In this case a graphical glitch lol!

Yeah Last, I think it would be pretty neat, I have a lot of other stuff going on right now but maybe I'll draw up a sprite of Kite or something to keep as a concept later on. 
Completed Sprites

Celdia

I'd like to see you give the actual Data Drain idea a go, Valk. I loved me some .hack back in the day.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0