• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:06:39 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Luiakyn's(Omnir's) Sprites

Started by Luiakyn, March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm

Luiakyn

Yes. For the more iffy things (attack), I'm replacing current sprites on a sheet to see how it looks in game.

Luiakyn

ok, so I've filled out the sheet, but a lot of testing and tweaking needs to be done. -Especially- with the portrait.

Seushiro

I will try this out when I get back home so I can help give more feedback. Right now of the sheet the critical pose needs some tweaking as back view looks weird and proportion of height from standing to kneeling seems minimal.

Seushiro

So I checked the file and run it. Animation runs smooth but the pecs and back muscles do move a lot like what Twinees and it is much more visible in game, jumping animation is awesome, The level up thou.. I think the level up frames should be the hit frames as it really feels that way (although I get the roaring you wanted for celebrating, but it just does not look it with 2 frames switching fast).

So those would be the only major impacts I spot. Minor would still be the back hair curls that lead to the shoulder I'm not a pro a spriter especially in hair so I can try and edit, but I do not think I can capture the necessary correction I want on it...

Luiakyn

March 24, 2014, 11:04:50 am #24 Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:44:46 pm by Luiakyn
Thanks a bunch :)

The "roaring" was actually meant to be "hit", but I didn't test it out. I had followed the minotaur outline, and I see the error of my ways :<

I now see what you guys mean with the pecs/back muscles. I was trying to make him rotate more in his walk, so it's an easy change.

Reks

Quote from: Luiakyn on March 24, 2014, 11:04:50 am
Thanks a bunch :)

The "roaring" was actually meant to be "hit", but I didn't test it out. I had followed the minotaur outline, and I see the error of my ways :<

I now see what you guys mean with the pecs/back muscles. I was trying to make him rotate more in his walk, so it's an easy change.

Does look a bit more natural, if his back moves slightly, rather than a robotic swinging of the arms
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Celdia

I like the portrait. Keep him fugly. He's an ogre. Monsters should be monstrous. Hell....if you're gonna work on the port at all, make him uglier. Looking good though.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Luiakyn

Quote from: Reks on March 24, 2014, 04:15:47 pm
Does look a bit more natural, if his back moves slightly, rather than a robotic swinging of the arms

Quote from: Celdia on March 24, 2014, 04:41:35 pm
I like the portrait. Keep him fugly. He's an ogre. Monsters should be monstrous. Hell....if you're gonna work on the port at all, make him uglier. Looking good though.

XD I'll keep him and the Giant ugly >:3 but I think his portrait can be more FFT-like

Elric

Luiakyn

Thanks a bunch : D

I had to redo a bit of the Hill Gigas -- he looked very weird when animating him :( Almost done with his front walk animation. All the while, I'm double (triple?) testing and tweaking the Iron Giant and the Ogre as I test out the Giant in game.

Edit: I like how i'm confident about my work until I post it. Then I see all the flaws. (one reason why I post them). I'll fix his shoes

Lijj

Me no like-y the portrait :?

Make him less f'n-ugly and maybe make the shadows on his face harder like they do on some of the other monster portraits. I might try an edit later if that's alright.
But~
I think you did very well on the sprite.

Luiakyn

March 25, 2014, 03:12:30 am #31 Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:01:01 am by Luiakyn
XD I completely appreciate the honestly. I'll look into doing as you had said :) And you're more than welcome to do some edits --I enjoy different perspectives :)
Edit: is this any better?

Lijj

Yeah that's looking much better.
I made one too just for another perspective.

_

Seushiro

I like that edit Lijj! Let me worship your art first and spriting skills 2nd Soooo good!

Lol tactics no nose policy.

My point of view: he looks like a good guy now thou... bushier eyebrows, thicker lips, and under the eye foldings maybe?

Lijj

Thank you Seushiro.

I made the ogre more villainous. I'm glad you pointed out those three things, especially that he looked like a good guy.
Gave him a meaner or more savage ridge and made his eyes scary:

_
Cleaned up a bit too.
feel free to edit while I sleep.. the eyes maybe

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Seushiro

No edit needed Lijj. I see the change in aura as you did the changes and it works well for me cheers!

Elric

Kagebunji

Yeah, that Ogre looks mean now Lijj, good job. This sprite is shaping up nicely, Where you got the idea from Luiakyn? :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Luiakyn

Quote from: Lijj on March 25, 2014, 07:08:33 am
Thank you Seushiro.

I made the ogre more villainous. I'm glad you pointed out those three things, especially that he looked like a good guy.
Gave him a meaner or more savage ridge and made his eyes scary:

_
Cleaned up a bit too.
feel free to edit while I sleep.. the eyes maybe

That is beautiful. Very, very nice.

Quote from: Kagebunji on March 25, 2014, 10:45:43 am
Yeah, that Ogre looks mean now Lijj, good job. This sprite is shaping up nicely, Where you got the idea from Luiakyn? :D

I'm playing through FF1, again, and I love the Ogre and Giant. And I'm wanting to play through FFT, again :3