• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:47:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Luiakyn's(Omnir's) Sprites

Started by Luiakyn, March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm

Luiakyn

March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:50:00 pm by Luiakyn
I go by either name >.>

I'm working on the following:
Iron Giant -- Polishing stage
FFI Ogre -- Polishing stage
FFI Giant (Hill Gigas) -- Polishing stage
Ultima Weapon -- Concept needs refining.
The 6 other Lucavi (Duma, Zebbeb, Sel, Rophechehe, Cheraub, Leviathan) -- Front Concept finished. Duma needs polishing

All are works in progress, but I do take critiques. The portrait for the "No nose" Ogre is done by Lijj -- I don't think I can make it any better than what it is :)

Edit: 9/7/2014: Changed Ogre and giant to be more FFT like. I do still need to test these in full.
Edit: 8/16/2016: Ogre and Giant updated, Duma sheet included.

So Far:

Old Concepts:

Elric

That Ogre walking cycle is lookin smooth, nice work!
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Great job on the animation! and that was fast :0
There are two flashing pixels on his shoulder right by the neck and hair but other than that the movement looks good I think.

Luiakyn

The flashing pixels will be polished out ;) It is due to me cutting apart the Ogre, filling out the extra bits, animating them, then piecing them back together (which is also why the loin cloth looks weird on the left leg).

I need to fix the shoes, the right arm (perhaps), and the chest garment.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and critiques :) I would -like- to have these done in 2 weeks time... but we'll see if that happens :<

Kagebunji

For the Iron Giant's death pose, you might want to erase his eyes. You know, make it look like a hollow helmet. Right now he's just holdng his sword before him and lookin at you, not really working as a death pose I think :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Luiakyn

March 20, 2014, 01:24:50 am #5 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:47:33 am by Luiakyn
Quote from: Kagebunji on March 20, 2014, 01:07:27 am
For the Iron Giant's death pose, you might want to erase his eyes. You know, make it look like a hollow helmet. Right now he's just holdng his sword before him and lookin at you, not really working as a death pose I think :P

Nay, that's different from the death pose. That's the special attack/charge up pose. The death pose is currently Row 3, Column 4 (it's working off of the Lucavi animations, for now)

Small update

Lijj

Kagebunji

Ah, didn't know you use the Lucavi sheet now.

That Ogre looks seriously awesome, haha. Good job on that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Luiakyn

March 20, 2014, 08:57:20 am #8 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:04:23 am by Luiakyn
Thanks all : D

First rendition of the back walk animation:

Choto

Just curious, what are you using to make those animations?

Seushiro

Hair on the fartest right shoulder (his right) needs to be moving or trimmed but all in all you are so good at animation! Especially since that is from scratch!

Luiakyn

March 20, 2014, 02:53:33 pm #11 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:40:03 pm by Luiakyn
Quote from: Choto on March 20, 2014, 10:00:37 am
Just curious, what are you using to make those animations?

Animation Shop that came with Paint Shop Pro 5 >.>
(15+ year old program)

Quote from: Seushiro on March 20, 2014, 01:05:45 pm
Hair on the fartest right shoulder (his right) needs to be moving or trimmed but all in all you are so good at animation! Especially since that is from scratch!

I agree with the hair :< I'll be messing with it ;)

Edit: how's this? (Hair needs reworking)

Seushiro

Normal view the hair movement looks fine. Zoomed in a bit and transition of shading makes it look like it's a flickering light. I would say just fix the shading to fix that.

Luiakyn

Quote from: Seushiro on March 20, 2014, 10:56:45 pm
Normal view the hair movement looks fine. Zoomed in a bit and transition of shading makes it look like it's a flickering light. I would say just fix the shading to fix that.

Gotcha : ) Thanks : D
Working on attack animations. 13/14 of the concept frames down (torso and arms)-- they'll need refining, though.
I might remove the open mouth. Hair will be better animated, too. the current format is jumbled up, as it reflects the ordering from the monster sheets

Twinees

Just thought I'd quickly say that the his peck and back muscles should barely move (or at all) during the walking frames. Otherwise great job.

Seushiro

Wow you work so fast and still have a great lot of quality!

I just noticed the great shading you made on his face that it already shaped it up. so I took out the enlarged eyes and I like what I was seeing... dunno about the others but for me it looks more menacing without the fish eyes.

Luiakyn

Quote from: Twinees on March 21, 2014, 06:30:17 am
Just thought I'd quickly say that the his peck and back muscles should barely move (or at all) during the walking frames. Otherwise great job.

Gotcha. I'll work on that -- thanks : D

Quote from: Seushiro on March 21, 2014, 11:10:33 am
Wow you work so fast and still have a great lot of quality!

I just noticed the great shading you made on his face that it already shaped it up. so I took out the enlarged eyes and I like what I was seeing... dunno about the others but for me it looks more menacing without the fish eyes.

Hmm... I'll look into something on that. I'll make 2 versions -- eyeful and darkened

Angel

Quote from: Luiakyn on March 20, 2014, 02:53:33 pm
Animation Shop that came with Paint Shop Pro 5 >.>
(15+ year old program)
Animation Shop ftw~ ♥

Mine is circa PSP7, but it is still far and away the best tool for making animated GIFs, as far as I'm concerned.

</derail>
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Luiakyn

I'd like to note: Progress may be fast, but I'll be doing a -ton- of tweakings. I'll post the full sheets when they're filled out, but I'll only submit to the site's download page after a run through or two with them.

Quote from: Toshiko on March 21, 2014, 05:10:07 pm
Animation Shop ftw~ ♥

Mine is circa PSP7, but it is still far and away the best tool for making animated GIFs, as far as I'm concerned.

</derail>

AS is still the best, or Circa PSP7?

Seushiro

I can't test the monster animation sprites in Shishi so I am assuming you use those tools to run and edit as you animate?